Delco Radio Repair by David Riedle
Started on: 03-23-2020 01:39 PM
Replies: 9 (1124 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 08-26-2020 12:26 PM
David Riedle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David RiedleSend a Private Message to David RiedleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everybody, I had a UU6 radio for my Indy Fiero refurbished to replace the newer Delco radio that was installed when I purchased the car.

I purchased the same model radio that was originally in the Indy that Joe had refurbished. The capacitors were replaced, it had been cleaned, all of the button switches had been cleaned, the cassette drive belt had been replaced, and new lamps had been fitted.
I was able to find a working UU6 radio with black knobs, and I sent it to Joe to have the same service done on my "new" UU6 radio.
He replaced the capacitors, replaced the cassette drive belt, cleaned the switches, adjusted everything, and replaced the lamps inside the radio.

His name is Joe Scarrino. His e-mail address is delcomaster84@gmail.com. He is in New York.

I purchased a radio that he had done, and had my UU6 radio refurbished, and I can't recommend him enough! His communication was superb, and any question I had was immediately addressed.

He said that I could tell all of my Fiero friends about him. If you have a Delco radio that needs service, or if you want to have your radio serviced to make certain it gives you no problems in the future (like myself), give him a shout.

I purchased TWO UU6 radios, and gave him the second radio, and he is refurbishing that one as well. If you are looking for a black knob UU6 radio for your 1984 Fiero, he has one that will be available.

I have enclosed two photos to show his work. One is on his work bench and shows the radio in action. The second one is how the unit looks, ready to be installed. 😀

[This message has been edited by David Riedle (edited 03-23-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RE: the 7-band Delco radio
Can your New York friend if he can replace the internal lamp(s) on my 7-band Delco radio? I would like him to add LED lights? Ask your New York friend if he can do this? Would the radio look stock? How much would it cost? Remember, it must appear stock!😋
Cordially,
kevin
David Riedle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David RiedleSend a Private Message to David RiedleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kevin:

I don't know. I'm very pleased with my UU6 radio, and I would assume he could do this.

Drop him a line and ask. Worst thing would be for him to say "no".

Dave
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where in NY is he?

There is a company up near Syracuse called United Radio that repairs most radios and speedo heads but as far as I know, they are for dealers only. I have used them for years.
RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too have used him to repair the bad capacitors in my stock radio. He not only replaced the capacitors but adjusted the belt and tuner. It took a few weeks but I was very impressed with his service.
David Riedle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David RiedleSend a Private Message to David RiedleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thunderstruck GT:

Joe is located in Lindenhurst, NY 11757. Good luck, he's fantastic!

Dave
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does this radio refurbishing guy have an address? Any e-mail or physical mailing business address?
😊
Cordially,
kevin
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kevin

2722 posts
Member since Jan 2000
Does this radio refurbishing guy have an address? Any e-mail or physical mailing business address?
😊
Cordially,
kevin
David Riedle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David RiedleSend a Private Message to David RiedleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kevin:

Here is Joe's address:

Joe Sciarrino
225 Granada Pkwy.
Lindenhurst, NY 11757

Dave
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2020 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a DIY rundown...
http://www.howtoalmanac.com...65AudioAmpRepair.htm

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock