Started on: 03-22-2020 11:52 AM
Replies: 5 (618 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 04-02-2020 04:29 AM
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2020 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a presale announcement for a replacement 2.8 EGR control solenoid. I will have production pieces available soon. This is a plug and play replacement for the dreaded EGR control solenoid. Fits in the stock location. These are new items, not rebuilt.

$90.00 plus shipping.

PM me if you are interested. No prepayment until I am ready to ship. US & International shipping available.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Division006

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Division006Send a Private Message to Division006Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I approve. Phonedawgs A+++ Seller. Helped me get a new ECM for my 88'.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will it look like the GM original?

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will function like the original and it will fit on the same bracket and occupy the same space but no it will not look like the original. It's going to have two LEDs on it also for diagnostic purposes. They should never be on at idle and certainly would not be on with the engine off. If someone wanted to, they could gopro the control solenoid to troubleshoot it, but it you have to drive at speed for the valve to be activated by the ECM and then for the valve to function properly. Idle both lights should be off. If either one is on, there is an issue that needs to be fixed. Then at a sustained even speed the ECM should turn on one light, and the control solenoid when functioning properly will turn on the other. If the throttle is floored, or if the engine returns to idle, the ECM light should turn off followed by the control solenoid light.

I am also making a remote LED box with the two lights for troubleshooting purposes only that could be lent out and returned if the new valve didn't clear up the issue.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great !! That sounds interesting...

Can't wait to see the finished product.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2020 04:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The OEM EGR control solenoid has been out of production for many years so a plug and play replacement may be well received. I no longer have a 2.8L set up but if I did I would have no problem dealing with Timm.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock