New KYB rear struts by jaybug56
Started on: 03-21-2020 07:36 PM
Replies: 16 (588 views)
Last post by: Z3SpdDmn on 03-25-2020 04:46 PM
jaybug56

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD

New KYB rear struts were found in the garage. I am never going to use them so they need to go.

KYB 234005 Excel-G Gas Strut

$60.00 Buyer pays shipping

[This message has been edited by jaybug56 (edited 06-11-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do these fit an 88?
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2020 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

Do these fit an 88?

Yes they will work, but some slight modifications may be needed. Do a search in google and some PFF topics will come up explaining this.
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2020 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, did the search and did find several threads. Here is one of the pictures from Bloozberry that shows where the mod needs to be done. Some owners needed to grind but others did not. There's a suggestion that this is due to normal casting variation.

But ... after all that I now realize these are gas shocks and I don't want to stiffen the ride like some have reported. The end result still has to pass the wife test.
kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2020 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mmmm....
I do not have that wife problem😃 I have an ‘85 SE. I now have FULL poly up front, as well as West Coast Fiero’s all aluminum cradle mounts. I also just added an Aadco 1” front sway bar to compliment my Fiero store rear bar. So you now know, I have all Pontiac stock sprigs and shocks front and rear.
With that understood, if I purchase your KYB rear coil-overs, can I adjust them to a ‘soft’ setting? Let me know as I believe I want what you have!

Cordially,
kevin
Ps. Please answer my questions😊
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can you please contact me? Do you know the price of the shipping charge to; 95825?
Please let me know👍😊.
Cordially .
Kevin
916-600-6482
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kevin

2722 posts
Member since Jan 2000

Originally posted by Notorio:

Ok, did the search and did find several threads. Here is one of the pictures from Bloozberry that shows where the mod needs to be done. Some owners needed to grind but others did not. There's a suggestion that this is due to normal casting variation.

But ... after all that I now realize these are gas shocks and I don't want to stiffen the ride like some have reported. The end result still has to pass the wife test.

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kevin

2722 posts
Member since Jan 2000

Can you please let me know what the cost is to send both shocks to: 95825?—-[both shocks in one package?]
Sincerely,
Kevin
916-600-6482
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kevin

2722 posts
Member since Jan 2000

Originally posted by jaybug56:

New KYB rear struts were found in the garage. I am never going to use them so they need to go.

MikesFirstFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MikesFirstFieroSend a Private Message to MikesFirstFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's an excellent price. I put these on my 88 and did have to grind away the casting to clear the strut, no big deal. The ride is not harsh at all. I've also got KhBs on the front. I've used them for two vehicles in the past (Lincoln Mk 7, Lexus RX300) and found them to last a long time and provide beter handling. And they pased the wife test.

As a husband you should always get the last words. and they should be "Yes Dear".
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’ll take your KYB’s😊. How do I get the money to you? How much do I send you?
Cordially,
Kevin
916-600-6482
kevinsullivan@frontier.com
PFF
System Bot
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kevin

2722 posts
Member since Jan 2000
I’ll take your KYB’s😊. How do I get the money to you? How much do I send you?
Cordially,
Kevin
916-600-6482
kevinsullivan@frontier.com
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kevin

2722 posts
Member since Jan 2000

Originally posted by jaybug56:

SALE PENDING

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kevin

2722 posts
Member since Jan 2000
Jaybug
When would know if the sale to the other party is OK and/or NOT going through? Keep me informed.
Cordially,
kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 03-23-2020).]

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For other people that might not know these shocks are not adjustable. My old KYB's were painted silver (from factory) and were slightly harsher than stock but most people would not find the ride objectionable.

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

jaybug56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sale is on hold until this covig-19 crap is over. State is shut down except for essential businesses. Being in a high risk category, I've decided to play it safe.
They will go to Mike in NC if he still wants them when things are better
Z3SpdDmn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Z3SpdDmnSend a Private Message to Z3SpdDmnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is interested in a set of FRONT KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, I have a set with 5k miles on them, about 7 or 8 years old. They were on my '88 GT. I know... I should drive the car more.

$25 for the pair, plus shipping.

EMAIL me if you want them. Anthony@DriveFasterNow.com

UPDATE: SALE PENDING

------------------
Anthony

'88 Fiero GT 5-spd "barn find"
www.DriveFasterNow.com

[This message has been edited by Z3SpdDmn (edited 03-29-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to: