Getrag 282 swap by pontiacfierokid1985
Started on: 03-11-2020 10:21 PM
Replies: 12 (575 views)
Last post by: pontiacfierokid1985 on 04-22-2020 09:16 AM
pontiacfierokid1985

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2020 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking to buy a getrag 282 complete swap late 86-88 fiero minus the pedals. I have a 3800sc and don’t want to use a 4 speed Muncie that’s in my 86 gt now beside it since it will be revving to high hell. Looking for trans, shifter, and cables, slave cylinder, not to worry about the mounts since I can get those through rock auto.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump does seriously no one have a complete swap they want to sell 🤦‍♂️ Dang this sucks really don’t want to use the 4 speed Muncie
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one with everything less the pedal/hydraulic line.

120k miles out of an '88.

Comes with axles, shift cables, new clutch/fw/pressure plate, and the 2.8.

$250. If you want me to ship, I'm going to charge a handling fee. ($150) on top of the shipping charges.

Regards ,
pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RandomTask:

I have one with everything less the pedal/hydraulic line.

120k miles out of an '88.

Comes with axles, shift cables, new clutch/fw/pressure plate, and the 2.8.

$250. If you want me to ship, I'm going to charge a handling fee. ($150) on top of the shipping charges.

Regards ,

Finally someone came to my help lol yes I’m definitely interested will you include the ecm as well I plan on transferring it over to the 2.8 I have in now til my 3800 is actually finished I’ll then mate it that but i really hate these 4 speeds lol.
Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent regarding your needs. Thanks.
pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larry Hubbert:

PM sent regarding your needs. Thanks.

Pm sent back to you Larry
pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2020 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump looks like the people that replied fell through so still searching come on someone on here has to have a 282 getrag swap they want to sell
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2020 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiacfierokid1985:

Bump looks like the people that replied fell through so still searching come on someone on here has to have a 282 getrag swap they want to sell

Around here Getrags are rare and getting near impossible to find. When you do find them, they are high mileage and the price is sky high. We've seen asking prices of up to $900. If you are looking for a Getrag with all the conversion parts the chances are slim. The solution might be to try and locate a Beretta Getrag.They bolt up and Rodney Dickman makes an adapter kit .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2020 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dennis LaGrua

15146 posts
Member since May 2000

Originally posted by pontiacfierokid1985:

Around here Getrags are rare and getting near impossible to find. When you do find them, they are high mileage and the price is sky high. We've seen asking prices of up to $900. If you are looking for a Getrag with all the conversion parts the chances are slim. The solution might be to try and locate a Beretta Getrag.They bolt up are far more reasonable in price and Rodney Dickman makes an adapter kit .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2020 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still haven’t found one anyone willing to sell one still. I would get the Barretta but I really don’t want to have to use adaptors etc would like a clean Easy swap over kind of deal that’s why I’m looking for one from a Fiero
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2020 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have all you need.

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined '87 Duke (Sold)
'87 Quad 4 H.O.
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
^^^^ Now in the Construction Zone^^^^
Las Vegas Fiero Club Parts/Sales/Service/Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada
Now on my 12th Fiero

PFF
System Bot
HTXtremes

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2020 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you found what you needed yet?
pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2020 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

I have all you need.

Hey just found out that the axles from the 4 speed and 5 speed are the same so I won’t be needing those. I need trans, shifter, slave cyl, cables and all the brackets and mounts I will need the reverse light switch and connector to wire it into the 4 speed harness inside the car

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock