FS: 1985 GT with 3400 and AT - $2,500 by Flying_Dan
Started on: 02-18-2020 12:37 PM
Replies: 13 (682 views)
Last post by: Notorio on 03-16-2020 06:55 PM
Flying_Dan

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2020 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flying_DanSend a Private Message to Flying_DanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had this Fiero for about 2 1/2 years. I bought it pretty much as it is. Had the steering wheel recovered, that's about it.

The interior is very clean, seats are very nice, no popped seams or worn bulsters. Factory GM CD Player with Aux output. AC is cold and converted to 134.

Engine is very strong 3400 (not 3.4) with Fiero heads. Runs and drives great.

Paint is so-so, looks good from 20 feet.

Car is located in Mount Vernon WA and I'm usually around on weekends for anyone local wanting to see it.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RaCCeR

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2020 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaCCeRSend a Private Message to RaCCeREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a build thread anywhere or more info on what was done regarding the swap?
Flying_Dan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2020 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Flying_DanSend a Private Message to Flying_DanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry I don't have any more info on the swap.

I know it's the stock AT and the 3400 came from an Olds Minivan from 2003 I believe? All the Fiero fuel injection was retained, but it uses a different ECU and 19lb injectors. The chip is custom for the engine/cam etc. The engine was completely rebuilt when it was put in something like 10 years ago. If I've done my math correctly, it should have around 35K miles on it now.

It always fires right off and runs great, sounds aggressive, but not loud. It's tight on the road.

My only complaints about the car are the paint which is starting to bubble in a few places and the sunroof makes a little wind noise. Doesn't leak, but makes noise at freeway speed.

I'll see if I can get a picture or two of the interior and engine.
Flying_Dan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Flying_DanSend a Private Message to Flying_DanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Few more pictures, drove it to work this morning.

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Flying_Dan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flying_DanSend a Private Message to Flying_DanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero 3spd Automatic.

Just remembered it has a Aluminum 3 core radiator and a S10 brake booster.

I only drive it about once a month.

I was going to convert it to a 5spd and have an 88' cradle with 5spd Getrag with arms, spindles etc. I can include for the right price if a buyer is interested.

[This message has been edited by Flying_Dan (edited 02-21-2020).]

Flying_Dan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2020 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flying_DanSend a Private Message to Flying_DanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

Price too high?

Cash talks.
Flying_Dan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2020 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flying_DanSend a Private Message to Flying_DanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Almost 2200 miles away unfortunately. My son would love this as a project.

Free bump, nice car and price.
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Too bad you don't have more of the build info. Like I'd be interested to know what pistons were used and if it is the stock 3400 cam. In any event, your lowered price is excellent and I believe you'll get your buyer but it may take a few weeks, etc.
Flying_Dan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Flying_DanSend a Private Message to Flying_DanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish I had more of the build info as well.

Pretty sure it has the DOHC pistons to give it something like a 9.5:1 compression ratio with the iron heads.
PFF
System Bot
Mike in Sydney

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2020 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM.

Flying_Dan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2020 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flying_DanSend a Private Message to Flying_DanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*Sold*
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2020 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations on the sale. Someone just got a steal!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock