Started on: 02-17-2020 01:15 PM
Replies: 19 (441 views)
Last post by: Will on 07-31-2020 11:37 PM
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2020 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to buy a pair of 1988 Fiero front springs with the ARB spring code.

The RPOs are 6RB (left front) & 7RB (right front). The PN is 10068652

Tag must be legible; send pics; I'll PM my contact info to respondents.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2020 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a whole shelf of springs and will look when I get home tonight. That said....I've never seen ARB springs, just ARD. Most '88 Fieros I see have ARD fronts and PUC rears.

At any rate, I'll check what I have tonight.
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2020 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Formula has ARDs.
I figured that the ARBs would be from a 4 cylinder 5 speed non-A/C car or similarly unpopular combination.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2020 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

My Formula has ARDs.
I figured that the ARBs would be from a 4 cylinder 5 speed non-A/C car or similarly unpopular combination.

Makes sense....most of my Fieros have been Formulas and '88 GT's, so all I've ever seen are ARD/PUC springs. Anyway.....I just checked my stash (about a dozen springs) and all are ARD or have no tag left at all. Sorry.
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Makes sense....most of my Fieros have been Formulas and '88 GT's, so all I've ever seen are ARD/PUC springs. Anyway.....I just checked my stash (about a dozen springs) and all are ARD or have no tag left at all. Sorry.

Thanks for checking!
The car configurations that likely got the ARB springs would be pretty much sales proof, so I don't think they'll be very common.
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2020 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2020 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Craig71188

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2020 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Craig71188Send a Private Message to Craig71188Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an '88 4 cly, 5spd car that we are going to part (eventually). Not sure if the tags still exist on the springs, but will look next time I am over where it's stored.
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2020 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!
Does the car have A/C?

Check the RPO sticker for 6RB and 7RB as well.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2020 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck. I just checked the codes on my "bare as I've ever owned" 88 coupe. A/C, 5 speed, cassette, and tilt wheel. It's got (well... had) ARC springs.
You might be right about the "non A/C" thing.
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2020 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also heard from a gent with a 4 cyl auto trans non-A/C car which had ARC's. If any combo would get ARBs, it would be the 4 cyl/5 speed non-A/C.
PFF
System Bot
wireburn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wireburnSend a Private Message to wireburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 4-cyl 5-speed non A/C car. RPO codes 6RC and 7RC. Attached photo, but these old eyes can't tell if that's ARB or ARC.

[This message has been edited by wireburn (edited 07-07-2020).]

wireburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wireburnSend a Private Message to wireburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wireburn

30 posts
Member since Aug 2015
Kid confirmed, ARC, sorry
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wireburn:

I have a 4-cyl 5-speed non A/C car. RPO codes 6RC and 7RC. Attached photo, but these old eyes can't tell if that's ARB or ARC.

Wow, thanks for sharing! Interesting find. Now I have no idea what combo would get the ARBs.

Since the ARBs are so rare, I should probably just grab somebody's ARCs. Are you interested in sale or trade for ARDs?
wireburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wireburnSend a Private Message to wireburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't need them. This car is heading for the junkyard soon. Hate to see it go, but this car is a turd in so many ways. I guess even some '88 are undesirable.

Make me an offer in PM. I hope they're easy to get at.
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2020 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM'd
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2020 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, would technically the ARBs be stiffer than the rest, or softer spring rate?

Thanks,

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2020 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neither... all the springs are designed to the same rate. The ARBs were designed for the lightest configuration of Fiero to have the same ride height as the heaviest configuration would with the ARE's or whatever the other end of the spectrum is.

IOW, in a car of a given weight, the ARBs *should* result in the lowest ride height.
Craig71188

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Craig71188Send a Private Message to Craig71188Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Craig71188:

I have an '88 4 cly, 5spd car that we are going to part (eventually). Not sure if the tags still exist on the springs, but will look next time I am over where it's stored.

Finally got over to the lot where the cars are stored - sorry, RPO codes are 6RD & 7RD (couldn't get under the car to see the tags), '88 4cl / 5 spd w/AC.
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Craig71188:

Finally got over to the lot where the cars are stored - sorry, RPO codes are 6RD & 7RD (couldn't get under the car to see the tags), '88 4cl / 5 spd w/AC.

Thanks for checking!

Interesting that a 4 cyl/5 speed car got ARD's.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock