Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  WTB - Turn Signal Cancelling Cam Assy (horn spring retainer)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
WTB - Turn Signal Cancelling Cam Assy (horn spring retainer) by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 02-16-2020 03:46 AM
Replies: 5 (129 views)
Last post by: Rsvl-Rider on 03-04-2020 11:06 PM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2020 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking for the horn spring contact connection in the steering column. I think it is described in the manual as the turn signal cancelling cam assy but it also includes the hollow white plastic tube that protrudes from behind the locking ring in the steering column and into a hole in the steering wheel. The wire from the paddle horn (which passes through a spring and plastic cam locking tube) is inserted into the tube and twisted to lock into place. The one on Jenny's 88 Formula with tit wheel is broken and will no longer lock into place.

Need a price shipped to 95610.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2020 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you can't find one on here, supposedly the HELP-83232 will fit with the tilt wheel. It's says that it won't fit the Fiero but many have used this part. You can probably get one from your local Autozone or O'Reilley's.
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2020 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

If you can't find one on here, supposedly the HELP-83232 will fit with the tilt wheel. It's says that it won't fit the Fiero but many have used this part. You can probably get one from your local Autozone or O'Reilley's.

Thanks, I might give that a try if I can't locate the actual item. At $5.99 the price makes it worth a try.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2020 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

Thanks, I might give that a try if I can't locate the actual item. At $5.99 the price makes it worth a try.

That part number is also for all 1969-2002 Camaro/Firebird/Trans Am with tilt wheel so it seems to be a very universal replacement.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2020 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just be aware that there are two very similar looking cam cancellers. One is for tilt and the other is for non-tilt.

Turn signal cam and springs are available at Advance. Dorman products. Most parts stores carry the Dorman line. The horn ring is used on many GM vehicles. It's not listed for the Fiero but the S10 uses it. The white one is for tilt columns, the green for non-tilt. http://shop.advanceautopart...am-83232/17190463-P# I know it says it won't fit a Fiero, but it does. I have two in use at the present time.
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2020 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
One is for tilt and the other is for non-tilt.

The white one is for tilt columns, the green for non-tilt. http://shop.advanceautopart...am-83232/17190463-P# I know it says it won't fit a Fiero, but it does. I have two in use at the present time.

I found this ACDelco part on Rock Auto. It doesn't specify tilt or no tilt but the part pictured is white.

ACDELCO 26029510

I will probably get this one unless I hear it's the wrong one.

Thanks for input.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock