Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Parting Out 1988 Fiero GT (Red, V6, 5 Speed)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Parting Out 1988 Fiero GT (Red, V6, 5 Speed) by denyen
Started on: 02-12-2020 03:53 PM
Replies: 33 (1178 views)
Last post by: Larry Hubbert on 04-08-2020 04:28 PM
denyen

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for denyenSend a Private Message to denyenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*****UPDATE******* I am taking the 20th and 21st off to pull parts. So be on the lookout.

*** Parts that are gone***
Seats
Headers
Radio
EGR stuff never existed
Center console/Compartment
Radio \ A/C Bezels
Shifter Bezel
ASA AR1 Wheels and Michelin Pilot Super Sports

Well, about 3 years ago I started parting out my '88 GT. I was at college so I wasn't able to sell much.

The rear subframe is out of the chassis, so most of the stuff should be an easy pull of.

Oh yeah, I also have an unused high-performance clutch.
HMU!

P.s. If you ask me to name a price, I will look up how much others are currently on the market for. If there isn't any currently on the market, I will go based off of what I can find historically. If you think it is too high, NEGOTIATE. :P

[This message has been edited by denyen (edited 02-20-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
boostedbird

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to have the complete engine harness if available.

Shipping be to 46815.

Thanks
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by denyen:

Well, about 3 years ago I started parting out my '88 GT. I was at college so I wasn't able to sell much.

I have sold the seats, the headers, and that's about it.

I have the stock wheels.
Also have a new set of ASA Wheels that are perfectly matched for the Fiero ( I spent a lot of time choosing offsets) with Michelin Pilot Super Sports on them (Also brand new)

The rear subframe is out of the chassis, so most of the stuff should be an easy pull of.

HMU!

Wanna shoot me a picture of wheels and a price?

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What colour is the interior?

Interested in the dot matrix speedo bezel , shift plate, aux. gauge bezel and HVAC bezel plate if in perfect condition...no mounting hole cracks or stains.

Shift knob if beechwood colour.

LMK,

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

denyen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for denyenSend a Private Message to denyenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The interior is GREY. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My email is danielymoore@gmail.com, for those of you interested.
msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did anything besides the clutch go south on you? Was the clutch original?

How many miles on the chassis/engine?

Might be interested in some of the drive train items
Lostclearence

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostclearenceSend a Private Message to LostclearenceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking for the passenger side engine mount bracket I think it should be a U shaped bracket if that is still for sale please let me know how much and if you can ship it you can also text me 519. 230. 9040 thank you
denyen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for denyenSend a Private Message to denyenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by msweldon:

Did anything besides the clutch go south on you? Was the clutch original?

How many miles on the chassis/engine?

Might be interested in some of the drive train items

Clutch was original. 130k on chassis and engine.

Nothing besides the clutch went south, except for everything require to change the clutch, what a PIA. I decided to part it out at the point where I had to cut the frame (front cradle bolts were frozen) to remove the cradle. After everything is parted, I plan on turning it into a resto-modded track car.
jessesmith121

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jessesmith121Send a Private Message to jessesmith121Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much for the trans, shift cables, master and slave and console shiftier assembly

------------------
88 Formula "Petey"

32Ford

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2020 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 32FordSend a Private Message to 32FordEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent you a PM on some parts.
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2020 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm only 4 hours away from you, also interested in the wheels, or what the entire vehicle looks like (have a title?) (rusted trunk corners?)

you can shoot me pics at macantley@suddenlink.net

matthew
PFF
System Bot
Salsapants

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2020 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SalsapantsSend a Private Message to SalsapantsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you still happen to have the radio? And also if it's stock does the tape deck work?
jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2020 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need Left (front/firewall side) Exhaust manifold and would also like to buy the right (rear)
denyen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2020 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for denyenSend a Private Message to denyenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

I'm only 4 hours away from you, also interested in the wheels, or what the entire vehicle looks like (have a title?) (rusted trunk corners?)

you can shoot me pics at macantley@suddenlink.net

matthew

I have the title, overall the vehicle isn't bad. The trunk is rusted more than everything else because the original owner never addressed the leaking wing struts.. So the rust is mostly at the bottom of the trunk (Rusting from the inside out). I'll shoot you pics.
denyen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2020 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for denyenSend a Private Message to denyenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

denyen

20 posts
Member since Aug 2014

Originally posted by Salsapants:

Do you still happen to have the radio? And also if it's stock does the tape deck work?

Unfortunately I don't. The previous owner tossed in a crappy pioneer radio, and did a bad job with the install. I'd just hit up the best buy

denyen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2020 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for denyenSend a Private Message to denyenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

denyen

20 posts
Member since Aug 2014

Originally posted by jazz4cash:

I need Left (front/firewall side) Exhaust manifold and would also like to buy the right (rear)

Unfortunately I sold them the first time I tried to part the car, I even sold my WCF headers!

Still have very lightly rusted, almost new CAT back.

Cunnive

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2020 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CunniveSend a Private Message to CunniveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Price for the front wiring harness?

EGR selonoid + bracket?

Gas tank?

Thank you!
denyen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2020 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for denyenSend a Private Message to denyenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cunnive:

Price for the front wiring harness?

EGR selonoid + bracket?

Gas tank?

Thank you!

PM Sent
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2020 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please check your email for a msg from me on the 13th. Thanks.
jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2020 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unfortunately I sold them the first time I tried to part the car, I even sold my WCF headers!

Still have very lightly rusted, almost new CAT back.

Day late...… I might me interested in the cat back system. Is it stock or aftermarket/custom...?
denyen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2020 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for denyenSend a Private Message to denyenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jazz4cash:

Day late...… I might me interested in the cat back system. Is it stock or aftermarket/custom...?

It is an Ocelot Performance CAT back system (Or moral equivalent). It was purchased a few years back to replace the rusty stock muffler. I think they have changed muffler brands....
Anyway, it is a mild performance - stock-ish cat back.

It was welded together instead of clamped against my wishes, but I would carefully grind the welds to disassemble it and ship it.

PFF
System Bot
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2020 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need both rear quarter trim moldings (contain the side marker lights).

Jim
jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2020 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is an Ocelot Performance CAT back system (Or moral equivalent). It was purchased a few years back to replace the rusty stock muffler. I think they have changed muffler brands....
Anyway, it is a mild performance - stock-ish cat back.

It was welded together instead of clamped against my wishes, but I would carefully grind the welds to disassemble it and ship it.

OK, thanks. I need to get my hands on the manifold first and might consider the cat-back parts after that.
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2020 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much for the back of the gauge cluster? I need the part where the connectors plug into.
denyen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2020 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for denyenSend a Private Message to denyenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm now at my shop pulling parts. If I said I'd get you pictures and you dont have them by 5pm today... bump me!
Vicophine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2020 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VicophineSend a Private Message to VicophineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spoiler? And if so, what is the condition of the spoiler? I'd be repainting it to match my silver Fiero.
denyen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2020 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for denyenSend a Private Message to denyenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vicophine:

Spoiler? And if so, what is the condition of the spoiler? I'd be repainting it to match my silver Fiero.

Spoiler is overall in good condition. The paint is UV faded. PM sent.
Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2020 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In a previous PM I told you that I would like to purchase both rear uprights (some call them knuckles) from this chassis and I will also take all of the rear suspension tie rods, links and bolts, as well as the rear sway bar and mounts. I will pay your asking price, plus the shipping costs to Elfers, FL 34680 via US Post Office Parcel Post (broken into several packages) immediately by PayPal. By the way what shape is the rear cradle in? I could also be very interested in that as well if price is right, since shipping can be a bit pricey from your location to me here Florida since it would have to go by Fastenal or possibly Greyhound due to its size and weight. Thanks and have a great day.

LHUBBERT2@BRIGHTHOUSE.COM or call me at 727-992-4168. Due to my work schedule I am only available from 2-PM to 8-PM Monday through Thursday and all day on Friday's, Saturday's and Sunday's.
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2020 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Parking brake handle assembly available?
Vicophine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2020 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VicophineSend a Private Message to VicophineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Spoiler is overall in good condition. The paint is UV faded. PM sent.

Didn't get a PM, if it's easier: Vicophine@Gmail.com
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2020 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

PFF
System Bot
denyen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2020 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for denyenSend a Private Message to denyenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All, I apologize in my slow response time to your inquiries. I have been swamped at my job, but time is easing up again. Give me 3/9 to get back to you. Feel free to keep bumping after that!
Larry Hubbert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi,
I wrote to you back on 02/25/20 regarding 88 rear suspension parts however I have received no reply to date I'd appreciate a reply when you get a chance better yet would be your price on these parts since I really need all of them, also looking for 88 cradle. Thanks.
LarryH
Larry Hubbert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Larry Hubbert

561 posts
Member since Nov 2015
Hi,
I wrote to you back on 02/25/20 regarding 88 rear suspension parts however I have received no reply to date I'd appreciate a reply when you get a chance better yet would be your price on these parts since I really need all of them, also looking for 88 cradle. Thanks.
LarryH

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock