84- 88 Fiero Cradle Brace MORE IN STOCK by yamaha94
Started on: 02-11-2020 05:42 PM
Replies: 20 (1151 views)
Last post by: yamaha94 on 01-02-2021 01:31 PM
yamaha94

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After much work and testing the 84-88 cradle brace has now been reproduced. Confirmed: Fits all years!

Cost - $55 + Shipping (Estimate Currently 15 Canada wide, 20 United States)

*I have some gently used boxes now so shipping is a bit more affordable now - boxes for this bracket size were expensive!*

*going through the list sending DM's if i dont receieve a reply in 48 hours I move to the next person*

Here are a couple pictures of the product. This is for the tranny side of your cradle.

I have fantastic positive feedback and 0 negative feedback.

***UPDATE: We made another batch and are available now!***.

Thanks for your interest!
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Here is a picture in my 86 GT cradle.

[This message has been edited by yamaha94 (edited 10-08-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2020 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry if I don't know exactly what this is for.

I'm curious, but what exactly does this brace replace?
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2020 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn’t replace bit rather reinforce your cradle where the tyranny mount goes. Great piece that ensures you won’t end up with a cracked Cradle a must if you have a swap. Great product I have it
yamaha94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2020 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 3 Left!
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2020 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
yamaha94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2020 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent thanks
tjaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjawSend a Private Message to tjawEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received my cradle brace yesterday. Yamaha94 was extremely easy to deal and quick to respond.
montegut

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2020 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for montegutSend a Private Message to montegutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these still available?
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2020 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just picked mine up from Shawn (the guy who makes these on a little laser). Quality of the laser cut and bends on the press brake look very good. It is probably a good idea to give them a couple of coats of tremclad or other paint though, since it is mild steel and will rust otherwise. I plan to install in the next couple of days- Does anyone happen to remember that size of the bolts that clamp the trans mount above where these braces go? I want to pick up some new bolts, washers and nuts before the install, as they probably need to be longer than stock ?

Great product, Not sure if it is necessary to spot weld in place, or just bolt in place for it to give the extra support to the cradle?
yamaha94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2020 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by montegut:

Are these still available?

Sent you a DM.
yamaha94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2020 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yamaha94

251 posts
Member since May 2017

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

I just picked mine up from Shawn (the guy who makes these on a little laser). Quality of the laser cut and bends on the press brake look very good. It is probably a good idea to give them a couple of coats of tremclad or other paint though, since it is mild steel and will rust otherwise. I plan to install in the next couple of days- Does anyone happen to remember that size of the bolts that clamp the trans mount above where these braces go? I want to pick up some new bolts, washers and nuts before the install, as they probably need to be longer than stock ?

Great product, Not sure if it is necessary to spot weld in place, or just bolt in place for it to give the extra support to the cradle?

You reuse the stock bolts. The length, grade and size will work perfectly. Happy you like the bracket!

BTW: That bracket is an older version.... we have a stainless variation as well. I have several
PFF
System Bot
REM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2020 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for REMSend a Private Message to REMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
purchase order sent via pm
yamaha94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2020 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. Thanks for all the support! This product was not an easy task. The manufacturing process took awhile to be perfected. So happy my updated design is making a lot of people happy on this forum!
yamaha94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2020 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello I have now 20 in stock ready to be shipped. We had to go with a new company to press the brackets... price is now $55.00 plus shipping. Same great product.
REM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for REMSend a Private Message to REMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Marcus, received mine yesterday. Dropped right into place on my 86 subframe. Thanks for stepping up and taking the initiative on this product. If I owe you on postage, send me a pm. Otherwise, "keep the change."
yamaha94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2020 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by REM:

Marcus, received mine yesterday. Dropped right into place on my 86 sub-frame. Thanks for stepping up and taking the initiative on this product. If I owe you on postage, send me a pm. Otherwise, "keep the change."

Thank you for the kind words! great to hear. No issue buddy shipping went under a dollar - over. I will eat that cost - my gift to you. I double check each bracket on my template before they leave my house. i'm so happy it fit perfectly. If you are unsatisfied at any point email me - I will fix it for you!

Marcus
Fiero Ron

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2020 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero RonSend a Private Message to Fiero RonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got my cradle braces today, they fit both cradles. Once I get around to it, I’ll have the cars up in the air, I’ll unbolt the mounts and bolt them in with the braces and weld them.

Thank you,
Ron
CJB118

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2020 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Part received, nice quality, fast shipping. Thank you!
yamaha94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2020 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the positive feedback. Happy to help!
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2021 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yamaha94:

Thank you for the positive feedback. Happy to help!

PM Sent.

------------------
88 Formula - 3800SC/4t65eHD
88 Coupe - 3800SC/4t65eHD
87GT - Great Blue Chop Top

yamaha94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2021 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got you. PM sent back. Thank you for your returning business!
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock