1988 Formula SCCA ITS/A racecar + parts car by ennored
Started on: 02-04-2020 01:56 PM
Replies: 6 (1190 views)
Last post by: legutt on 03-22-2020 09:07 AM
ennored

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2020 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ennoredSend a Private Message to ennoredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got two 1988 Fiero Formulas that I'm going to part with. Both 1988 Formulas

First, a racecar. Was raced in the SCCA ITS class in the mid/late 90's by some friends of mine. It's been in a few garages/trailers since then, but never outside. Has a bolt in cage that has been removed. Has had some replacement stuff bolted in, swaybar/s, springs, shocks/struts. Some may still be stock. It's all old, so you'd probably want to swap in whatever you'd want anyway. It runs and drives. But I've only taken it around the block. Would need a good going over to be trackworthy again. Various parts with it. Another car was completely disassembled and various parts saved. Racing seat that was used, a Kirkey, is sitting in the car, but not mounted. Few sets of Beretta 15" mesh wheels, plus a few sets of stock ones.

Second, a parts car. Partially disassembled/reassembled. Some there, some not. Interior is gone. Engine and auto trans in the car. Could be put back on the street, or taken apart more. Battery tray is rusted out, but a spare is included. Rest of chassis in good shape.

Both in Southeast Michigan. Local delivery available. I'll try to help with anything further away.

$2700 package deal, +/- spares, etc.

Tim

[This message has been edited by ennored (edited 02-04-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2020 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

Bob
ennored

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2020 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ennoredSend a Private Message to ennoredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Offers? Low balls?
PRND3L

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PRND3LSend a Private Message to PRND3LEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM inquiring the cage sent.
legutt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is not a simple "lowball" Lemons racing won't let us pay more that $500 for a car and we have to prove it. Contact me by return e-mail if this might be feasible to you.

[This message has been edited by legutt (edited 03-21-2020).]

Craig71188

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2020 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Craig71188Send a Private Message to Craig71188Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a few notes from an '88 Fiero race car owner who also races in various "crapcan" races....
1) Bolt in cages have pretty much been disallowed in these series, they can be a good start for a welded up cage, but likely not usable "as is".
2) 24 Hours of LeMons math is tricky. Pay more than $500, show a sell off of parts for "xx" to get to a value. Also, value of cage does not cost against the $500 nor does safety equipment. Buy an old race car, deduct safety equipment (including cage) arrive at value and work is already done. Other "cheaty race parts" can be a bit more tricky.

Sorry I am not in the market (V6 ex-ITA '88 and a second caged tub already in storage + two parts cars) for another race car! I "might" be interested in the '88 parts car (if the rear cradle is pristine), then I could sell one of the parts cars that is really too nice to part out...but has the cleanest undercarriage. GLWS
legutt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2020 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Based on the above response by another "Pennocks" member, I am withdrawing my offer. Best of luck with your sale.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock