4.9 parts by treborerellim
Started on: 01-22-2020 12:00 PM
Replies: 7 (454 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 01-24-2020 08:07 PM
treborerellim

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2020 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for treborerellimSend a Private Message to treborerellimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm finally ready to make a 4.9 motor swap in my 88 formula. I have a 4.9 rebuilt motor attached to a 4T 60 Automatic transmission. What I am looking for our any mounting parts, wire harness or information where I can purchase same. Not looking to spend a ton of money, but still want quality parts. Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks, Bob
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rick Morehouse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2020 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob; The Fiero Factory "MAY" be able to help. Its' been e few yrs since I was able to buy a complete install kit from the original owner. Not sure if they do/help w/4.9 installs anymore. Best of luck. Rick
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2020 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talk to "Oldjoedad" on the forum. He has installed a few and does the wiring harnesses.
Rick Morehouse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2020 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I may ask, how does one find "oldjoedad" contact info. Looked on the member list, no find. Thanks
treborerellim

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2020 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for treborerellimSend a Private Message to treborerellimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I kinda remember seeing the name on the forum a couple of times but I'm not exactly sure how it was spelled. It was spelled kinda different. Well he may look at the forum and decide to reply then we'll have the right spelling.

Bob
Rick Vanderpool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2020 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick VanderpoolSend a Private Message to Rick VanderpoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
olejoedad
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2020 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/140178.html see my post on the bottom... I consolidated everything I compiled for the 4.9 swap

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[This message has been edited by Shho13 (edited 01-23-2020).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2020 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 4.9L swap is easy and inexpensive. The transmission that is used with it is the 4T60e (electronic version) IMO, keeping the powertrain the way GM designed it provides the most reliability. The transmission will mount to the Fiero cradle using the Cadillac brackets on Fiero auto mounts with a couple of tiny mods. The front engine mounts need to be fabricated but are not hard to make. You will need to bolt on a smaller alternator for deck clearance.. I used one from an 87 Grand Am. You will also need to add a belt tensioner from an 93-95 Camaro w 3.4L . Then hookup water, fuel, transmission and gasoline supply lines and get two new axles.
The entire procedure is outlined in many threads on this forum so I need not explain every detail. Even if you purchase a harness fro olejedad, depending on what you paid for the powertrain, you should be able to do this swap for under $2000. Most economical swap to 275ft lbs of torque and 29 hwy mpg.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 01-24-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock