Started on: 01-18-2020 11:29 AM
Replies: 26 (2503 views)
Last post by: fst100 on 04-23-2020 08:46 AM
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2020 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well some things have come up and I'm going to need to sell my 1988 GT 3800 swap car. I've owned probably a dozen fieros, multiple 3800 cars, but this was my first 88 GT. This was a car that I purchased to turn into a nice cruiser for gatherings, weekend trips, and sunny day spirited driving, and I'm hoping someone may continue to carry that forward.

Some Background:
The car is has 103k miles on it, but it is rust free. The paint is bad, and the side mirror glass is broken. The interior is in okay shape, but will need some attention. The engine swap is from a 2007 Grand Prix with 70k miles. The GP was tee boned, and I bought it as a running car from auction. Engine/trans have never been separated.

Engine swap was performed retaining the DBW throttle body, electric pedal, and 2007 PCM. I'm using a returnless fuel rail, with a Corvette style fuel filter. There is a Walbro 450 in-tank fuel pump installed. The engine is completely stock. The exhaust is made with ZZP Stainless steel powerlogs on both sides, factory routing to a 3" Muffler where the cat used to be, 3" back to a full size muffler, and 2.5" out to dual 3" tips. All piping is stainless steel. This exhaust setup retains a full size trunk and is quieter than most due to the extra piping and 2 mufflers. The engine swap is fully completed, running and driving. With that said, there are still a few odds and ends that need to be wrapped up. The wiring harness will need to be loomed in some areas, and the coil packs will need to be properly mounted. The car is at a point where it is safe to drive, but these issues need to be addressed before it can be considered done. The battery has been relocated to the front but a proper battery box will need to be installed, as it is just strapped in the spare tire well for now.

The car is all stock otherwise with exception to wheels/tint (which I want to remove) but I have corvette rotors that I planned to install. These can go with the car, or I can install them if the buyer chooses.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

CAR IS SOLD, THANKS!

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 04-22-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2020 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm.....this is the kind of project Fiero that I've been considering to get back into Fieros.

------------------
'16 STI-Daily-COBB Stage-2 tune and DP
'04 Mazda RX8 SCCA STX Solo prepped
My former Fiero- '88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.367@121.03mph (Sold)
GM Tuners

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2020 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what you asking for it , and does the ac work
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2020 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

what you asking for it , and does the ac work

I don't know if the AC works yet. The AC lines are all there. I installed a new orifice tube, new dryer, and new o-rings everywhere. I pulled a vacuum on the system and it has held pressure, however it hasn't been warm enough to really check performance.

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 02-24-2020).]

leehammy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2020 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for leehammySend a Private Message to leehammyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2020 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have followed some of your builds and learn a lot from them. Do you have any pics of exhaust system? Good luck with the sale.

Thanks Joe
svpbeast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2020 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for svpbeastSend a Private Message to svpbeastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still available?
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumping this back up to the top. I've had a lot going on lately and haven't been able to really do much with the car. I've started working on the Corvette brake swap, but that's not completed yet. Hopefully if the rain can hold off for more than a day at a time, I'll be able to get some more done.

The car is still available.
fst100

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2020 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fst100Send a Private Message to fst100Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
curious on what you're looking for price wise?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2020 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fst100:

curious on what you're looking for price wise?

$5,500 is his asking price.Looks like a decent price. All you'd have to do to get the A/C working is to move the compressor down a bit, replace the accumulator, orifice tube, O rings, evacuate and recharge.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 03-12-2020).]

fst100

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2020 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fst100Send a Private Message to fst100Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ah I see now. it was the very last sentence under the last pic. just missed it with all of the pics lol. thanks btw for the response.
PFF
System Bot
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

$5,500 is his asking price.Looks like a decent price. All you'd have to do to get the A/C working is to move the compressor down a bit, replace the accumulator, orifice tube, O rings, evacuate and recharge.

Not sure about the A/C comments. All the A/C Components have already been replaced. I've already pulled vac on the system, it just needs charged, which I may even get around to as it warms up.

Price is $4,500 OBO.
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Sorry that it won't help with the sale... Just wondering... Why would the compressor need to be lowered?

[This message has been edited by 2002z28ssconv (edited 03-26-2020).]

rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with the sale. If I had the space I would be all over this.
david.laruse

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for david.laruseSend a Private Message to david.laruseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am new here, forgive my ignorance, with a 3800 Super charged engine in your Fiero, does it get enough air? More important is the car still available and would the price be $4500.00 with the Corvette brakes? David.
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car runs great with the 3800 engine. This is a very common swap, and I actually have 2 other fieros currently with the 3800 engine

The car comes with the corvette brakes.
Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what I can see in the pix it appears as if the car is an automatic so I have a few questions here, okay.
1) is it a stock 88 GT auto or the auto that came attached to the motor you used.
2) If is the stock GT auto has it been modified and if so how, same question if it isn't the stock trannny?
3 Can a batter be put back into the original location since coils could be mounted on a stock GTP mounting plate along the rear bulkhood?

Thanks.
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The transmission is 4T65E-HD from the 2007 Grand Prix. The transmission is completely unmodified.

Yes, the battery can be placed back in its original position. The coils are just zip-tied in place, and will need to be permanently mounted wherever the buyer chooses.
ChuckLS1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really wish I could get this. It would save me a lot of time and money!

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
2000 Grand Prix GTP

fst100

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fst100Send a Private Message to fst100Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
X2
Always wanted a fiero with a l67/l32 swap. Great as a sleeper but also a MR setup. Unfortunately I'm up in pa
Spektyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2020 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpektyrSend a Private Message to SpektyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If this is still around when things are less crazy I will definitely be interested.

There's just no chance of me getting away from work long enough to travel that far. The "fun" of being "essential" right now.
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2020 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

Not sure about the A/C comments. All the A/C Components have already been replaced. I've already pulled vac on the system, it just needs charged, which I may even get around to as it warms up.

Price is $4,500 OBO.

Good deal for sure. The car should sell. What I was alluding to is your use of the powerlog front manifold. When I tried to use it, the clearance between the manifold and the A/C compressor was less than 1/4" . That puts the compressor very close to a high heat source and it will probably affect longevity. While that install may work as is and the manifold undoubtedly flows better as a plus, I believe that the powerlog is not a good design for that one reason. Just an opinion. What's yours?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2020 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm, flight to Charlotte, NC is only $101 right now....
fst100

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2020 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fst100Send a Private Message to fst100Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^that or estimate on how much to ship the car
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2020 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2020 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just recently sold for the car for $3,500. Thanks everyone for the interest!
fst100

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fst100Send a Private Message to fst100Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NNNoooooo, monica!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock