Started on: 01-03-2020 09:13 AM
Replies: 5 (178 views)
Last post by: Rare87GT on 01-03-2020 03:11 PM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2020 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought a rear sway bar from a Forum member but I may need to source the longer strut bolts for an 88 that had a sway bar. Does anyone have any older parts or maybe even a parts car that the rear sway bar came off of?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Amir

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2020 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are talking about the end links, Rodney Dickman sold them a few years ago and likely still does.

http://rodneydickman.com

Nelson
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2020 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its been a long, long time, but i don't think i needed different bolts when I put a rear sway bar on my 88 coupe. I think i just bolted it up using the same 88 coupe bolts that were on the car to begin with. One tip, make sure you have left/right figured out b/c i put them on backwards also make sure you put the sway bar on the correct way, i've also put it on upside down.

Rob
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2020 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Its been a long, long time, but i don't think i needed different bolts when I put a rear sway bar on my 88 coupe. I think i just bolted it up using the same 88 coupe bolts that were on the car to begin with. One tip, make sure you have left/right figured out b/c i put them on backwards also make sure you put the sway bar on the correct way, i've also put it on upside down.

Rob

I will take a look once I get ready to install it. I didn't realize I needed one to begin with but forgot the Coupe's don't have the rear sway bar factory. I just got the brackets re-made by a Forum member so I have a brand new pair. The sway bar is coming soon and then I will just need some hardware to install it. I'll keep you posted. Do you have any good pics of yours when you installed it, etc so I make sure I put it on correctly? Lol.

Thanks,
Amir

[This message has been edited by Rare87GT (edited 01-03-2020).]

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2020 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just used the bolts that were on my 85 when I swapped in the 88 subframe/suspension- they were long enough....You only need one to two threads past the nut.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2020 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

I just used the bolts that were on my 85 when I swapped in the 88 subframe/suspension- they were long enough....You only need one to two threads past the nut.

Okay cool. Just making sure. I didn't realize I needed some many different brackets, etc to make this work on a 88 Coupe.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock