WTB Fiero Dash Speaker Adapters by rbell2915
Started on: 12-31-2019 10:19 PM
Replies: 8 (457 views)
Last post by: MulletproofMonk on 01-06-2020 01:10 PM
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2019 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I'm looking for the plastic adapter that converts the stock speaker size into the 5.25" speakers. It seems that TLG or Blacktop Racing went out of business so I never got to order a pair. If anyone happens to have a pair laying around I'd be interested at the right price. Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
N0ctrnl

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2020 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N0ctrnlSend a Private Message to N0ctrnlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could always just order them 3D printed: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2941552
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2020 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N0ctrnl:

Could always just order them 3D printed: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2941552

Wow, I never knew you could do that. What do you think the infill should be? I've never 3D printed anything so I'm going to order it. Thank you.
N0ctrnl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2020 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N0ctrnlSend a Private Message to N0ctrnlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I honestly can't imagine it would matter too much - it doesn't really hold load or anything - but I'm also no expert. I did order a pair of them with the default (I think it was 30%?) just to have them in my pile of parts. They seem like they'll be fine...
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2020 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:

Hey guys, I'm looking for the plastic adapter that converts the stock speaker size into the 5.25" speakers. It seems that TLG or Blacktop Racing went out of business so I never got to order a pair. If anyone happens to have a pair laying around I'd be interested at the right price. Thanks!

I just emailed you the file in .doc format so you can print it out on paper, cut it out with scissors, and use it as a template. You could use up to 3/16 fiberboard or plastic sheet and cut it with a jigsaw. The template is a 1:1 so just print it out as-is.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 01-01-2020).]

fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why all this trouble. I just installed a pair of Kicker 4 x 10's and they sound GREAT ! They dropped right in, hooked right up, and the entire job took me about 12 minutes. I broke them in with some RUSH.
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

Why all this trouble. I just installed a pair of Kicker 4 x 10's and they sound GREAT ! They dropped right in, hooked right up, and the entire job took me about 12 minutes. I broke them in with some RUSH.

I have a pair of 4x10 Kenwoods in there and they're broken. The oval shape of the speaker will cause more distortion than a circular speaker as well.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not that anyone asked, but I have used Pioneer TSA-4103s in most every Fiero I have owned. The bass is much better than a pair of Kenwoods that I compared them to.
One guy (a Fiero guy, at that) even thought I had the subwoofer system. This, with a GM CD head unit.

I also have a pair of adapters. Holding on to them for a "rainy day".
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2020 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why not just buy a thin piece of wood or plexi glass, cut it to the size of the Fiero speaker hole, and then cut a hole for whatever size speaker you want?

If you don't want to do that, I have a set of adapters from BTR. I could probably buy some plastic and do it for you...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors