NOS GT quarter windows by jjd2296
Started on: 12-08-2019 09:25 PM
Replies: 16 (781 views)
Last post by: Thunderstruck GT on 01-03-2020 01:34 PM
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2019 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Up for sale are a rare set of NOS GT quarter windows still in original boxes. $1000 usd plus shipping

[This message has been edited by jjd2296 (edited 12-08-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2019 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD!
George P Wood

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2019 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for George P WoodSend a Private Message to George P WoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just in case I'm next in line.
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2019 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by George P Wood:

Just in case I'm next in line.

Your next in line if the first buyer doesn’t pay up soon.
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2019 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:
Up for sale are a rare set of NOS GT quarter windows still in original boxes. $1000 usd plus shipping

Interesting.
I also have a set which were in the boxes. I let the boxes get rained on, to the point of ruin. I saved the labels. They had the GM trademark on them and, none of the numbers resemble yours.

I would like to have the boxes after who ever buys them, no longer need the boxes.

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2019 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sold my set last month. The boxes got wet, so repackaged and sent off.
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2019 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, who's making molds???

------------------
Currently looking for another Fiero build...
14 Camaro ZL1
19 Silverado Z71
14 Silverado 2500HD
86 Turbo GT 5 speed
88 coupe SBC

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2019 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those that missed out on this buy, the Fiero Stores premium quarter windows are exact reproductions of the originals. The quality is also superb and I couldn't find any defects in them at all.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2019 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

For those that missed out on this buy, the Fiero Stores premium quarter windows are exact reproductions of the originals. The quality is also superb and I couldn't find any defects in them at all.

What is the fit like and are they made out of the harder plastic with the greenish tint?

The other repops are a good replacement but the fit fell short from top to bottom and the perfectly clear plastic stuck out like a sore thumb. But, when you have nothing and you placed them just right, they looked better than shot originals.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2019 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never like the re-pros that have been available for years. Not the the curve isn't there, the GT logo are positioned too far forward.

Looking to get a set from TFS soon. If Dennis said it, it must be good.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2019 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

I never like the re-pros that have been available for years. Not the the curve isn't there, the GT logo are positioned too far forward.

Looking to get a set from TFS soon. If Dennis said it, it must be good.

The PREMIUM GT quarter windows sold by the Fiero Store, were put back into production by two former GM technical guys who worked at the Fiero Plant. To my eyes they look like new OEM windows with the perfect identical contour. I may not be an authority on these but the ones that I examined on a friends GT looked stock. I doubt if a show judge could tell that they are repros as they were probably made of the same material the same way GM made them on similar tooling .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-28-2019 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I doubt if a show judge could tell that they are repros as they were probably made of the same material the same way GM made them on similar tooling .

Except for the greenish tint, you would know right away that it's not perfect.

Such a shame that they went 95% of the way & stop short of making it perfect.

I would encourage them to go the rest of the way & find a way to get rid of that greenish color. Then, it'd sell like a hotcake.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 12-28-2019).]

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2019 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to get off topic to the respect to this thread, but not many members that bought TFS GT windows haven't
posted a dozen or more photo shots of them on their fiero. That's one problem...

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2019 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
I would like to have the boxes after who ever buys them, no longer need the boxes.

Curtisk1060

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2020 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with Fiero Vice, why can't they get rid of the too dark green tint so you can actually see the GT logo like the originals? Then everyone would buy them!!
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2020 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Vice:

Except for the greenish tint, you would know right away that it's not perfect.

Such a shame that they went 95% of the way & stop short of making it perfect.

I would encourage them to go the rest of the way & find a way to get rid of that greenish color. Then, it'd sell like a hotcake.

The originals had a greenish tint. Look at the pictures of the originals in this thread. They do have the tint. GM made it this way to match the shaded windows and windshield.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2020 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The originals had a greenish tint. Look at the pictures of the originals in this thread. They do have the tint. GM made it this way to match the shaded windows and windshield.

You are correct and I was going to comment on that but I'm guessing (hoping) he was saying that the repop was too dark of green. I don't know if that is the case as I never had the new, higher quality windows in my hands.

I have used the other ones and as I had stated, they are crystal clear and very noticeable.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock