Started on: 10-16-2019 05:32 PM
Replies: 16 (634 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 10-29-2019 05:01 PM
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2019 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you install an '88 cradle into an '84-87 Fiero, you need to relocate the tops of the struts to maintain proper suspension geometry. These brackets are used for that. They move the tops of the struts inward (toward the center of the car) and forward, to keep that '88 Fiero handling. And that's the whole point of the cradle swap, right?

That said, there are a couple caveats to these adapters. First of all, stock springs will not work with them. You'll need to use coilover springs. Also, you'll need to cut a hole in each strut tower, to make room for the relocated strut.

These adapters are used, but in excellent condition. I originally bought them from Arraut Motorsports (aka West Shore Fabricators). I also bought new hardware for them, so you won't have to. Here are a couple photos:

Asking price is $100, which includes US Priority Mail to anywhere in the USA. Sorry, no international shipping. Paypal or money order are both good for payment.

Thanks for watching.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Flying_Dan

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2019 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flying_DanSend a Private Message to Flying_DanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2019 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sale pending. Wow, that was quick!
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2019 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me know if the sale doesn't happen and I'll buy them.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2019 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
** SOLD **

thanks everyone
Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2019 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be nice if you could make a template of your adapters. Then people could make their own. Just an idea.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2019 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^ That's a good idea. Maybe we can talk about that in a more appropriate section of the forum.
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2019 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've used these on an 87 cradle just to benefit from the better strut orientation... Plus I needed more room for my wide wheels...
kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2019 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, yes, and YES!!!
The making of a template of these will benefit all Fiero owners! Me included. Naturally, if you make many of them, you can then sell them and put money in your pockets💰!!!
Cordially,
kevin
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2019 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
agree, please, please make a template. with the closing of AMS/Held these are like diamonds, rare and worth a lot of money. Someone needs to pick up on these easy to build items that the community still wants, and offer them up for sale. I don't have the welding skills but someone out there does.

Rob
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2019 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me on the list too. Got an '87 GT with '88 cradle, one of the last pieces to get her back together.
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2019 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please ad me, too. Also, posting a couple of pics of them installed would be helpful as well.
Flying_Dan

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2019 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Flying_DanSend a Private Message to Flying_DanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2019 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of the springs that go with these, sorry no coilover sleeves though.

Shoot me a PM if interested
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2019 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fellas ,
.... and in particular theogre.
Holy Smokes! That is a lot of information! I cannot process that much computer data. To simplify, I do not want this valuable piece of Fiero manufacturing design to go away! Is there any way to move forward for someone to take the next step to make these more available?
Cordially,
Kevin
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2019 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kevin

2722 posts
Member since Jan 2000
Fellas ,
.... and in particular theogre.
Holy Smokes! That is a lot of information! I cannot process that much computer data. To simplify, I do not want this valuable piece of Fiero manufacturing design to go away! Is there any way to move forward for someone to take the next step to make these more available?
Cordially,
Kevin
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-29-2019 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol. It's not like they can't be made at any time in the future if nobody acts right now. It's a piece of plate with 4 holes and something welded to it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock