FS: 1988 Fiero GT 3800 Project [US-VA] by grsychckn
Started on: 07-05-2019 01:11 PM
Replies: 13 (921 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 07-21-2019 07:36 AM
grsychckn

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2019 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grsychcknSend a Private Message to grsychcknEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit: decided to put a number out there. Asking $3k.

I've been sitting on my second 3800 project for about 2-3 years now and have finally admitted I won't have time to complete it for a few more years. Now that my wife and I have decided to sell the house and move, I'm looking for reasonable offers on my existing 3800 project. I have about $10k invested in this project but it is by no means complete. Below is a list of items I'm including along with the car for the next lucky person who's looking for a great project. However, the catch is that currently the engine cradle is out of the car and I've had the rear suspension bushings pressed out (I have no replacements for the bushings). Therefore, the car is on jack stands in the rear and whoever comes to pick it up will need to be prepared to transport it without rear wheels. If you need the rear suspension reassembled it will cost $300 for me to buy the bushings and re-install everything I'm going to order the bushings and try to get everything re-installed this weekend. I'm very busy right now with preparing for the move and I also run my own business on top of working full time so if I don't get back to you immediately, please be patient. While I'm more interested in getting this project off my plate, I am not going to give it away and so I may entertain multiple offers if they come my way. If I don't receive a fair offer I'll probably list it on Ebay with no reserve.

1988 Fiero GT
Mileage: 101k
Transmission: Manual (original Getrag and V6 engine were parted out)
Interior: Gray
Color: Red

Upgrades:
12" Corvette Vented Discs
Koni struts/shocks all around
17x7 custom 5-spoke wheels in the front and 18x8 wheels in the back (originally silver spokes, plati-dipped them day 1 before installing - I imagine if the plasti-dip were removed the wheels would look nearly brand new)
Mr. Mikes Leather/Cloth seat covers installed
New Clutch master cylinder installed

Parts Included
3800 Engine block - Rebuilt by The Restoration Shop in Stafford, VA ($1294.72, new bearings including cam, new piston rings, cylinders honed, etc.) - have receipt, you keep engine stand
XP Hot Cam installed - pushrods for the XP cam included
LS7 Lifters - New, uninstalled
"Bully" Custom Heads - Was told these are somewhere between stage II and stage III, cost $600 for the work but no reciept. Stainless Valves, 130# springs.
Set of Powerlog exhaust headers
Full Gasket kit (Cometic head gaskets, intake, timing cover, water pump, etc.)
New Machined Oil Pump
Rollermaster dual timing chain
New EVAP canister that has the electronics built-in
New Pressure Plate/Clutch - Clutchnet C3884, Stage 4 Clutch & Pressure Plate
Rebalanced and trimmed Camaro flywheel from FieroRog
FieroRog 3800 engine mounts and low alt bracket
New 3800 remanufactured A/C compressor
Used FWD Getrag transmission w/ New hydraulic throwout bearing and Rodney Dickman's FWD Getrag adapter brackets
Rodney Dickman's Getrag Transmission mounts (both front and back)
stock 3800 rockers
Fiero 2.8 Thermostat housing (was going to modify to use on the 3800)
Custom 3800/Fiero wiring harness built by Injection Technology with A/C and electronic cruise stub out (I was going to splice in using an ECC, but I never bought one so the wires are labeled but there are no terminators)
Custom 3800/Fiero A/C hose that includes high pressure connector for switch
Radius FPR I was going to use to relocate the FPR close to the tank for "returnless" setup
Aeromotive Aluminum Anodized Fuel logs for 3800
New DW300 Deatschworks Fuel Pump
ECU from Series II 3800
Low-Profile headlight brackets with low and high beam bulbs (projector-style) w/ wiring harness for '88.
LED kit for rear taillights, LEDs and other surface mount components already installed.
Northstar TB
Series V SC with LIM from series V (includes modular pulley adapter)
Rodney Dickman Decklid strut
Left and Right Decklid Vents (fair condition)
Assortment of '88 sensors, brackets, bolts
New exterior moulding clips, rivets, fasteners
1988 Fiero GT Service Manual
Wiring table for debugging purposes and to finish off the cruise control, etc.
Extras like spark plug wire that can be cut to length and fitted for custom wires, a box of AN fittings for fuel lines and high pressure (>220psi) hose with the installation tool and lube
Dietmar-style quarter scoops (predrilled, unpainted)

Other Items
Engine hoist will also be included for negotiable price
I have other Fiero-specific tools and general purpose tools I'll probably want to part with (220V 25-30 gal air compressor, 14" cuttoff chop saw, etc.

Things I think I have but can't find:
Northstar adapter plate
New 3800 Alternator

Have questions? Please ask. I have no idea what price to ask so if you're interested contact me.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by grsychckn (edited 07-09-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Grsychckn, just an observation from a tire kicker. With the car being a non-roller and loads of parts it seems to me there would be a very limited number of enthusiasts in any one geographic region that could deal with that. If you could invest the $300 (plus time) to get it into rolling condition and maybe pallet-up everything else it might make the purchase seem doable to folks outside your immediate area. Something to think about perhaps ...
grsychckn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grsychcknSend a Private Message to grsychcknEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

Grsychckn, just an observation from a tire kicker. With the car being a non-roller and loads of parts it seems to me there would be a very limited number of enthusiasts in any one geographic region that could deal with that. If you could invest the $300 (plus time) to get it into rolling condition and maybe pallet-up everything else it might make the purchase seem doable to folks outside your immediate area. Something to think about perhaps ...

Thanks, I'm looking into it now anyway because of an offer I received. Should I have to get it to a rolling chassis state, I might try to get the block/transmision installed along with the rear suspension to save on transport costs.
RandomTask

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2019 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you also have the engine mounts?

Regards,
grsychckn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2019 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grsychcknSend a Private Message to grsychcknEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RandomTask:

Do you also have the engine mounts?

Regards,

Yes, they were purchased from fierorog. They are in a picture above. I can single them out if you would like.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2019 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grsychckn:

Yes, they were purchased from fierorog. They are in a picture above. I can single them out if you would like.

Thanks. You have a lot of parts I need but my wife would murder me if I brought home another car.

If anyone wants to buy just the car in this (sans seats . . .at least switched out for stock ones ) I'd be willing to put it together as a roller. The follow on is how soon do you need to get this off your property? (ie moving?)

Edit: And I'm about an hour north of you in Alexandria.

Double Edit: Any thought on selling some of those parts? Notably the seats (+give me stock ones so it still has seats).

Best,

[This message has been edited by RandomTask (edited 07-09-2019).]

grsychckn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2019 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grsychcknSend a Private Message to grsychcknEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RandomTask:

Thanks. You have a lot of parts I need but my wife would murder me if I brought home another car.

If anyone wants to buy just the car in this (sans seats . . .at least switched out for stock ones ) I'd be willing to put it together as a roller. The follow on is how soon do you need to get this off your property? (ie moving?)

Edit: And I'm about an hour north of you in Alexandria.

Double Edit: Any thought on selling some of those parts? Notably the seats (+give me stock ones so it still has seats).

Best,

Understood. I don't want your wife to kill you but if you are interested in the parts perhaps we can make a deal for the whole project. I have one thread going right now but I don't have an official offer on the table as yet. Feel free to make me an offer as I don't think you'll offend me. I don't need the car gone ASAP though because we don't have a contract on a house (much less sell our current one). I'm going to order new bushings today and try to get the project to a rolling chassis stage this weekend. I'll try to get the engine/trans mated and mounted to the cradle to help make transportation easier.

[This message has been edited by grsychckn (edited 07-09-2019).]

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2019 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent.
grsychckn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2019 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grsychcknSend a Private Message to grsychcknEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sale pending.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2019 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I forwarded it to a buddy (Steve), hopefully he's the one trying to get it. . .
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2019 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats the latest with this?
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2019 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was told this morning it's sold and pickup arranged to occur this week.

Edited 7-19-2019 for full disclosure: Car is now picked up. I was the buyer and thank you, Brian. You put a good final push into getting the car ready in unpleasant heat. A red '88 GT 5 spd has been on my wish list for a couple years now. Maybe one day I'll locate another wide body kit at a discount for it.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 07-19-2019).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2019 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulation.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-20-2019).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post07-21-2019 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Posted that so people know it is in fact sold, gone.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock