Flared Fenders by Tom Piantanida
Started on: 06-13-2019 05:35 PM
Replies: 28 (1062 views)
Last post by: Tom Piantanida on 07-09-2019 12:55 PM
Tom Piantanida

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2019 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom PiantanidaSend a Private Message to Tom PiantanidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero FLARED Front Fenders, brand new, never mounted. These IRM front fenders fit all Fieros, and are designed to cover wider front wheels. They were purchased from the Fiero Warehouse, which acquired the IRM moulds. The flares are securely packaged in a wooden crate that weighs 70 pounds and measures 55X30X12". Use these figures to get shipping estimates from UPS Ground, Fedex Ground, etc. Actual shipping costs will apply.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
thelinsells

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2019 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much flare ? How much $.R.T.
George P Wood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2019 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for George P WoodSend a Private Message to George P WoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to know how much flare also.
A picture would be nice.
Tom Piantanida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2019 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom PiantanidaSend a Private Message to Tom PiantanidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have photos of the flares, but no idea how to post them.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-14-2019 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM. Send me the pics and I will post them for you.
Tom Piantanida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2019 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom PiantanidaSend a Private Message to Tom PiantanidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see the problem: I have a Mac computer, so I can't add photos to these posts. My email is tom@greenleafmed.com Please email me if you want photos of the flared fenders.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2019 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If they were from Doug at Fierowarehouse, here is a picture. The yellow one is the stock fender. I believe the fiberglass ones are 1.5 inches wider.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-14-2019).]

Tom Piantanida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2019 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom PiantanidaSend a Private Message to Tom PiantanidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, they are like that, only in white gelcoat.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2019 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMSA is correct...the flare is 1 1/2" wider than stock...and only at the widest point of the well opening. It tapers back to stock width front and rear from there.

Makes the front, well to well, 3" wider overall, and better covers a little wider tire, but as it tapers back, it ends up being factory width at the bottom of the well opening.

The IMSA wide body fenders are wider overall, completely different design and would take boocoo work to blend with the stock body.

HAGO!

*These sell for over $400 (+shipping) new...and according to OP, these have never been installed, so they are new. If they came from Fierowarehouse, then I made them, and if I'm not mistaken, I took that picture that IMSA posted. These fenders are (IMHO) a very subtle, very nice modification, that sets your car apart, lets you run wider front tires (or suspension) without having your tires sticking out from underneath the wheel wells. It's one of those mods that people look at and say.."Something looks 'different'..but I can't quite put my finger on it"...IOW, it could've (maybe should've) come from the factory that way.

I saw some of the crates that Doug built to ship this stuff in, and I havtatellya, they're pretty bullet proof! I shipped a set of these to Main last year and used cardboard....they made it ok, but Doug's crate is a much better way to do it. Guess that's why he had to give it up...he ran out of time to build the shipping crates!LOL Shipped the ones last year via Greyhound and it was right around $100.

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 06-21-2019).]

George P Wood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2019 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for George P WoodSend a Private Message to George P WoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much are you asking?
Tom Piantanida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2019 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom PiantanidaSend a Private Message to Tom PiantanidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm asking $400 plus shipping. The flares are securely packaged in a 55X30X12 crate that weighs 70 pounds.
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2019 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would probably look nice mounted up.
George P Wood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2019 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for George P WoodSend a Private Message to George P WoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about $300 plus shipping?
Tom Piantanida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2019 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom PiantanidaSend a Private Message to Tom PiantanidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take $300 plus shipping. Please call me at 530-534-3309.
Tom Piantanida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2019 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom PiantanidaSend a Private Message to Tom PiantanidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Price reduced to $300. If you can tell me how to ship these SAFELY without using a wooden crate, that could save on shipping costs.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2019 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go to Fedex and ask for a bicycle shipping box. Use bubble wrap.
This one is 54 X 8 X 28 and I believe the fenders are 48 x 5 x 26?

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-29-2019).]

Tom Piantanida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2019 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom PiantanidaSend a Private Message to Tom PiantanidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the tip. I think I have them sold locally, but if that falls through, I will look into getting a bicycle box.
Domtech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2019 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If that falls thru then i'm interested.
fieroboy_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2019 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm the guy from Maine that had bought the fenders and they are well worth the price. I have been making a front flipper hood and they have been a God send. High quality easy to work with and they def have a nice look to the extra flare. 100% recommend.
Crasian

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2019 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to pass on these.. I have other priorities, sad to say, so I’m sure they are still available

-Crasian
Tom Piantanida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom PiantanidaSend a Private Message to Tom PiantanidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The sale of the flared fenders was nixxed by the buyer's wife. I will look into getting a bike box today. It should not cost too much to ship the flares to Bellvue, WA. Please call me at 530-534-3309.
PFF
System Bot
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom:

I would just suggest that you make sure to immobilize the parts inside the box, and make sure to have at least 2-3" between any part of the fenders and the interior of the box. Can't have enough padding, stiff styrofoam works pretty good, but anything that will provide shock absorption will work, even crumpled newspaper, provided there's enough of it. You just want to make sure that if any edge, corner or really any surface of the box, gets hit, crushed, impacted, stacked on, etc., it's not going to be able to reach the fenders. The box I used to ship, I actually made from cardboard and furring strips, hot glue and packing tape. I've used bike boxes before, but often times I'll have to use two, melded together in whatever configuration is required by the size/shape of the parts I'm shipping.

When we shipped an entire wide body kit from OH to Oregon, we wire tied everything inside the crate to plywood boards, and it make it ok. Russ, (body buyer), had to pay close to or over $900 in shipping, but it did make it there ok. That was some years ago, and UPS seems to have "let down" their handling rules since then. They throw stuff, they jam it together in the trucks, it gets dropped off the conveyors, anything you can think of that shouldn't happen to your parcel, just might happen. Not trying to diss UPS or any other shipper, it's just another "sign of the times" I guess. Anyway, you have to do your part to make sure you're covered. If you have the original crate that Doug built to ship them in, that would probably be your best bet....granted costs more, but may be worth it, if you want you parts to arrive intact.

Any way you end up going, good luck with it!

HAGO!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 07-02-2019).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is ridiculous. No one in the Bay Area wants these? Anyone around here could simply pick them up. Sorry about the shipping issues. What a pain in the ass.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-02-2019).]

Domtech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm actually going to be in Arizona for the next week, and will be driving back to Washington. I might be able to pick them up on the way. I'll give you a call tonight when I get home from work.
Tom Piantanida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2019 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom PiantanidaSend a Private Message to Tom PiantanidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Domtech, I haven't heard from you. My number is 530-534-3309. Please call me and let me know if you are still interested in the flared fenders. Thanks, Tom
fast99999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2019 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fast99999Send a Private Message to fast99999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent to you Tom.
Tom Piantanida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2019 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom PiantanidaSend a Private Message to Tom PiantanidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fast99999, I tried to send you a private message, but the forum says that you are not a registered member. The message said that the size and shape of the fenders makes shipping to NJ prohibitive.
fast99999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2019 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fast99999Send a Private Message to fast99999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom,

Thank you for your quick response. I understand with regards to the distance and possible damage. I had some Fiero Fiberglass GT1 quarters sent out from CA a while back, were boxed well, and got here fine. But, I thoroughly understand your concerns as they are larger and more flexible. Anyway, if no local responses pan out for you in the near future, we both might come up with something on the shipping.

Thanks again,
Brian.
P.S. I don't quite understand why the PM didn't work; guess I'll have to get with Cliff on that.
email (if needed) bw40812@gmail.com
Tom Piantanida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2019 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom PiantanidaSend a Private Message to Tom PiantanidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The flared fenders have been sold. The buyer picked them up, so I didn't have to ship them.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock