Help!! Whats my Fiero worth ?? by InColoradoFiero
Started on: 05-19-2019 04:33 PM
Replies: 10 (377 views)
Last post by: InColoradoFiero on 05-22-2019 11:03 AM
InColoradoFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2019 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InColoradoFieroSend a Private Message to InColoradoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello!! I’m new to posting and not sure if I’m in the right place!! I have a 1986 Pontiac Fiero that I’d like to sell. It’s a 1986 Gold with spoiler with 51K and it’s really clean! I just love the car but my lifestyle has changed and I just don’t use it enough. It is impossible to check first calf heifers in a pasture in a Fiero!! If I’m in the wrong place let me know, but living in Colorado and there’s not a high demand for this style of car here. I’m the second owner and it always been garaged. The car runs great and it has brand new tires. Just had mechanical inspection/tune up. The air conditioner worked last year but I may need a new fuse?? Other than that it’s nearly perfect. This forum seems to be the most knowledgeable place to know the price and how and where to market it. I appreciate any help or advice. I will try and post pictures if I can figure out how.. Thanks all, in advance. InColorado
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2019 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll suggest a few items that may help you, and others, in determining a ballpark price for your car. A few things that need to be determined:
- is it a GT or an SE. Big difference.
- Engine, 4 or 6 cylinder
- Trans, auto or stick (if its a stick is it a 4 or 5 speed).
- If its a GT then important items are tail lights (delaminated or cracked) and 1/4 vent windows on each side to the rear of the side windows (cracked or scratched).
- Interior, seat material condition (torn, worn or stained) and interior vinyl (cracked or pulling loose).

With only 51k it sounds like it might be a very nice car regardless if it's a 5spd GT or a 4 cyl, auto SE. Regarding posting pics. There is a site posting application called PIP, but if you're going to sell the car then no need to go through all that (it isn't easy). If you have it listing on ebay or Craigslist then just post a link so folks can go to that site to view. Craigslist works well as it doesn't cost anything. If you don't like Craigslist (it has it's issues) you can post it to CL, post pics, but don't provide any contact info.

Hope that you are able to get some description and a link to pics. That would go a long way to helping us provide a price range.

Also, what major city are you nearest to in Colorado.

[This message has been edited by gtoformula (edited 05-19-2019).]

0z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2019 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 0zSend a Private Message to 0zEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AsaBergman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2019 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AsaBergmanSend a Private Message to AsaBergmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The way to post images on here is somewhat annoying. If you don't figure it out feel free to email me some pictures of the Fiero and I will post them on here for you so others can give you an idea on what it's worth.
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2019 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtoformula:

I'll suggest a few items that may help you, and others, in determining a ballpark price for your car. A few things that need to be determined:
- is it a GT or an SE. Big difference.
- Engine, 4 or 6 cylinder
- Trans, auto or stick (if its a stick is it a 4 or 5 speed).
- If its a GT then important items are tail lights (delaminated or cracked) and 1/4 vent windows on each side to the rear of the side windows (cracked or scratched).
- Interior, seat material condition (torn, worn or stained) and interior vinyl (cracked or pulling loose).

With only 51k it sounds like it might be a very nice car regardless if it's a 5spd GT or a 4 cyl, auto SE. Regarding posting pics. There is a site posting application called PIP, but if you're going to sell the car then no need to go through all that (it isn't easy). If you have it listing on ebay or Craigslist then just post a link so folks can go to that site to view. Craigslist works well as it doesn't cost anything. If you don't like Craigslist (it has it's issues) you can post it to CL, post pics, but don't provide any contact info.

Hope that you are able to get some description and a link to pics. That would go a long way to helping us provide a price range.

Also, what major city are you nearest to in Colorado.

All this ^ ^ ^

You could have a $1200.00 car or a $7500.00 car but going at this like Stevie Wonder isn't going to help.
InColoradoFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2019 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InColoradoFieroSend a Private Message to InColoradoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone!!

Thank you for taking the time to reply!!
I think I have pasted a link to the site I created a listing on.

https://www.ksl.com/myaccount/listing-car

If the link doesn’t work, it is on KSL.com under cars (not classified) and just search for a Fiero.

I had to put a price on the ad, so I just looked up some other dealerships and their prices. Again I have no idea.

We are located on the western slope of Colorado, the nearest “City” is Grand Junction. I thought I would post it on Salt Lake City’s website for more exposure.

If you need to see more or better pictures let me know, or I could email them.
Again, I think it’s a nice car but I’m probably biased, as it was my first car.
Being honest, right now the AC hums but doesn’t blow, it worked last fall??? Tiny cracks around screws in the dash. Little nicks in the paint, but you have to look hard and one Fiero emblem is missing on the passenger side. Other than that it’s a really clean car. I just don’t know if their is a demand or following for the out in my neck of the woods.

Again, I appreciate all of your knowledge and time in helping me.
InColoradoFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2019 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InColoradoFieroSend a Private Message to InColoradoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

InColoradoFiero

5 posts
Member since May 2019
Hello again,

It response to the first questions:

It’s an SE, 6 cylinder, stick with 4 speed.
The seat material is in really good condition, no stains or tears. In the photos the shadows make it look darker than it is. I could try and post another picture. The interior vinyl is really nice, no cracks except for the plate face around the screws that I mentioned before.

Again, thanks to all.
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2019 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InColoradoFiero:

Hello everyone!!

Thank you for taking the time to reply!!
I think I have pasted a link to the site I created a listing on.

https://www.ksl.com/myaccount/listing-car

If the link doesn’t work, it is on KSL.com under cars (not classified) and just search for a Fiero.

I had to put a price on the ad, so I just looked up some other dealerships and their prices. Again I have no idea.

We are located on the western slope of Colorado, the nearest “City” is Grand Junction. I thought I would post it on Salt Lake City’s website for more exposure.

If you need to see more or better pictures let me know, or I could email them.
Again, I think it’s a nice car but I’m probably biased, as it was my first car.
Being honest, right now the AC hums but doesn’t blow, it worked last fall??? Tiny cracks around screws in the dash. Little nicks in the paint, but you have to look hard and one Fiero emblem is missing on the passenger side. Other than that it’s a really clean car. I just don’t know if their is a demand or following for the out in my neck of the woods.

Again, I appreciate all of your knowledge and time in helping me.

I think that the link below may be for this car.
https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/5527868?ad_cid=2
RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2019 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks to be a nice car. If the air is not working it's going to be hard to get $7K for it. But you never know and you have to start somewhere.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2019 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a clean car, but you really should put it up on a hoist to show the frame, floors and suspension. A rusted car is worth very little- a rust free car may attract some buyers. Good luck with the sale
InColoradoFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2019 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InColoradoFieroSend a Private Message to InColoradoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the advice. I’ll try to take pictures of under carriage to prove there is no rust. It’s always been in Colorado and stored almost always in a garage with a concrete floor. My husband would like it sold soon. What price will do that? $6,500?
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock