Wtb cooling tubes by lordbg0205
Started on: 05-12-2019 10:52 PM
Replies: 5 (214 views)
Last post by: Spoon on 05-15-2019 10:44 PM
lordbg0205

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2019 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lordbg0205Send a Private Message to lordbg0205Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for a mint set of left and right cooling tubes for an 87 gt. Mine is developing a small drip under pressure, under the clamp. I've considered all my options, it's either find a great set, or fabricate a new set. I'm going to pull them out no matter what, every bolt is new, and everything is powder coated underneath, so I can drop the front crossmember out in no time. Let me know what you have. Shipping to 41071.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2019 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't help you with the tubes but I'm curious,...do you really have to drop the front X-member to get the tubes off, even if you have a lift?

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2019 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a pass side tube available, not the driver side. It's solid, but would need to be cleaned up for your application is sounds. Just an option if you are having issues tracking both down.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2019 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why not just get a set from the Fiero Store if you only want to do it once?
https://www.fierostore.com/...Browse.aspx?d=80&p=1

I was curious about the shipping...
52394 STAINLESS 85-87 V6 (man) Coolant Tube $129.95
52393 STAINLESS 85-87 V6 (auto) Coolant Tube $129.95
UPS GROUND (2 DAYS) $22.62
Total shipped (without tax) $282.52

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 05-14-2019).]

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2019 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MulletproofMonk

3079 posts
Member since Oct 2005

Originally posted by Spoon:
Can't help you with the tubes but I'm curious,...do you really have to drop the front X-member to get the tubes off, even if you have a lift?
Spoon

No, you don't have to drop the front crossmember. You just have to get the back end high enough in the air that you can turn the tube to get the bends around the front crossmember. A lift would make it way easier...

That said, it the front has been removed previously and you aren't going to brake a bolt, that is pretty easy too. In my case I snapped to front cradle bolts and had to drill/tap them... and that sucked.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2019 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

No, you don't have to drop the front crossmember. You just have to get the back end high enough in the air that you can turn the tube to get the bends around the front crossmember. A lift would make it way easier...

That said, it the front has been removed previously and you aren't going to brake a bolt, that is pretty easy too. In my case I snapped to front cradle bolts and had to drill/tap them... and that sucked.

Okay, I'm starting to feel better already.... thanks.

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock