Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  3.4 PR full rebuilt engine for sale with all new parts, sensors , ect

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
3.4 PR full rebuilt engine for sale with all new parts, sensors , ect by achbaby
Started on: 05-10-2019 06:23 PM
Replies: 31 (1424 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 12-26-2020 04:26 PM
achbaby

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2019 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would like to most likely sell this 3.4 with no miles on rebuild; but I have no idea what a good starting price would be. All parts have zero miles on them. Thought you guys could give me a ball park figure of what I could get. I know I will not get what I have into it including labor but some ideas would be greatly appreciated. Could someone post pics for me if I would email them? Thank you for any help

* ported and polished
* H272 cam
* 1.5 roller rockers
* comp cam pushrods
* high per. oil pump
* D. Morse ported lower intake
* D. Morse 57mm TB which he had powder coated Metallic silver; includes brand new IAC valve and TPS
* Trueleo Ypipe and Headers with new O2 sensor (also had headers and Ypipe shipped to JetHot where they were coated inside and out)(also had the header port opening taken to machine shop to be opened larger to match those on the block)
* Trueleo intake that was powder coated Red
* new balanced and blue printed 19 Lb injectors and new liquid filled fuel pressure gauge on fuel rail
* new valve covers that were powder coated red; includes new oil cap and PCV valve
* new coolant hoses and coolant cap
* new distributor from TopLineGroup, new AC Delco ignition module, new MSD cap/rotor, new MSD coil, new spark plugs, new red Taylor 8mm plug wires
* new alternator bracket powder coated Red and new 140 amp alternator from fiero store
* all new belts and R. Dickman power pulley system with idler pulley
* new starter
* new oil pan coated Red
* new engine strut and front engine mount
* new poly dog bone from fiero store
* new 1988 flex plate for swap
* all new red flexible vac line kit included
* new coolant sensor, cold start injector, fan switch, oil pressure sender, and tach filter sensor
* various other parts that were powder coated Red
* all modifications performed already to complete swap
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2019 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures for Achbaby:

achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2019 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Special Thanks to Spadesluck
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2019 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a nice looking engine!
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2019 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a work of art! A price? As a point of reference the Mabbco Remanufactured GM Chevy 3.4 207 Premium Long Block 1993-1995 lists at $1375. Of course you've got a lot of attractive features over that. A rule-of-thumb for me is not to expect more than one-half of the money invested in a car project. If you tally up your outlay (and eliminate any cost that you could have done yourself), then divide by 2, that might be an upper limit.

I'd make an offer myself except that would commit me to removing the headers, intake, camshaft, and distributor every two years to make the smog police happy.
Mike Morris

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2019 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MorrisSend a Private Message to Mike MorrisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice. I would grab it if I was local

------------------
1999 Camaro Z28 B4C Heads Cam Intake Stall etc
1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 331 R block S trim Intercooled
1988 MR2 SC Cammed,Pulley etc
1988 Corvette Cammed stalled bolt ons
1985 Fiero SE V6-Transgo,stall,K&N,cat EGR delete,Ported TB,Sprint headers

pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2019 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2500 to 3000 dollars maybe?
HamiltonLambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2019 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HamiltonLamboSend a Private Message to HamiltonLamboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful work - how long did it take?
Once you determine the price, post it.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2019 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

Nelson
achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2019 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliments guys; appreciate it. Yes I was hoping to get 3000 for it at least. I have well more then that in it. The headers and intake along with the coatings cost me more then half of that. Kind of hearing out some offers for now.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2019 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great engine!
If I was to entertain purchasing this engine, I do not think 🤔 the height of the intake manifold would clear my stock SE height dimensions.
If I am wrong, please let me know.
Cordially,
Kevin
PFF
System Bot
achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2019 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure about the SE. I think according to the seller it would clear on a GT. I don't thibk I would have purchased it otherwise. Maybe others would know.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2019 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i can confirm that it fits on a Mera since I have an almost identical setup on one of my cars.

Nelson
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2019 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had that same intake in an 88 coupe. There was a slight contact between the right most edge of the intake, and the bottom side of the decklid. Just enough for the engine to vibrate against it while it was accelerating.
I cured the issue by removing the inner layer of the decklid.
YMMV.

That's a beautiful engine.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 05-18-2019).]

Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2019 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just checking back to see if you've decided to part it out yet ...
achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2020 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by achbaby:

Would like to most likely sell this 3.4 with no miles on rebuild; but I have no idea what a good starting price would be. All parts have zero miles on them. Thought you guys could give me a ball park figure of what I could get. I know I will not get what I have into it including labor but some ideas would be greatly appreciated. Could someone post pics for me if I would email them? Thank you for any help

* ported and polished
* H272 cam
* 1.5 roller rockers
* comp cam pushrods
* high per. oil pump
* D. Morse ported lower intake
* D. Morse 57mm TB which he had powder coated Metallic silver; includes brand new IAC valve and TPS
* Trueleo Ypipe and Headers with new O2 sensor (also had headers and Ypipe shipped to JetHot where they were coated inside and out)(also had the header port opening taken to machine shop to be opened larger to match those on the block)
* Trueleo intake that was powder coated Red
* new balanced and blue printed 19 Lb injectors and new liquid filled fuel pressure gauge on fuel rail
* new valve covers that were powder coated red; includes new oil cap and PCV valve
* new coolant hoses and coolant cap
* new distributor from TopLineGroup, new AC Delco ignition module, new MSD cap/rotor, new MSD coil, new spark plugs, new red Taylor 8mm plug wires
* new alternator bracket powder coated Red and new 140 amp alternator from fiero store
* all new belts and R. Dickman power pulley system with idler pulley
* new starter
* new oil pan coated Red
* new engine strut and front engine mount
* new poly dog bone from fiero store
* new 1988 flex plate for swap
* all new red flexible vac line kit included
* new coolant sensor, cold start injector, fan switch, oil pressure sender, and tach filter sensor
* various other parts that were powder coated Red
* all modifications performed already to complete swap

achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2020 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

achbaby

454 posts
Member since May 2005
Still for sale. I got sidetracked with many other things and the entire covid thing going on; but yes it’s still for sale. I’m asking $2000 for it considering the parts added to this engine are worth more then that. All added parts..sensors, plugs, wires, distributor, coil, injectors, ect ect are all new. Message me if you have any interest.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post12-12-2020 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks really good. I'm not anywhere close to you so I'm really not a player. But wondered if the short block was redone?
The ported and polished you posted, is that the heads?
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2020 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can this be pallet shipped to Niagara Falls?
msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2020 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow.... nice...

free bump....
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2020 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good looking engine. PM sent.

------------------
Mike in Sydney

PFF
System Bot
Garaputo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2020 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GaraputoSend a Private Message to GaraputoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump

[This message has been edited by Garaputo (edited 12-17-2020).]

treborerellim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2020 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for treborerellimSend a Private Message to treborerellimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boy I wish I would've see this before I put the Cadillac in my formula coup it's worth every bit of $3000.. I wouldn't take a penny less than that unless I really needed money. Just remember people will be getting income refunds after the 1st of the year. Plus now is not the best time to sell anything.

Good luck, Bob, York
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2020 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by treborerellim:

Boy I wish I would've see this before I put the Cadillac in my formula

This looks/sounds very similar to the 3.4 that I built up, and put in my red coupe.
Just based upon the "sum of the parts" I'm guessing that mine should have been around 200 HP.
I never dynoed it, but it seemed to be every bit as fast as my 4.9, (minus the "tractor torque", of course) and more fun to drive.

Edit - And this one is much prettier. Mine looked rough as a cobb, in comparison.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-17-2020).]

achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2020 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2020 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SOLD!

Good on ya'. And good for the buyer, too.

Edit - since you've sold, I'll go ahead and post a pic of what I had. Like I said, not nearly as pretty.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-18-2020).]

achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2020 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love it!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2020 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Love it!

Thank you! That was probably about the 2nd or 3rd Trueleo ever sold. Once they started buying "bends" for the intake snorkel, instead of welding together angle-cut slices of straight pipe, it improved the looks tremendously.
It also was much shinier when I first put it all together. I used "Mean Green" to clean the engine, and it took the luster right off of the Trueleo and the headers. I suspect the powder coat on the one you had would behave similarly, as well as the coating on the headers.
[Subliminal message] Buyer: Don't get Mean Green on the shiny/pretty bits! It's mildly caustic.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2020 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow gorgeous! Rydar, what exhaust is that?
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2020 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

Wow gorgeous! Rydar, what exhaust is that?

Thanks! Those were FOCOA headers.
They still show up, occasionally. There was even a set on here, a few months ago.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2020 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's what I was thinking. Last year I picked up a set & they are cracked terribly. Have mine with a welder currently to build me a replica. If this is way too off-topic, I'm happy to take to PM. Could you share with me your thoughts on this exhaust with a 3.4L? What muffler would you recommend for FOCOA headers?

Thanks so much.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2020 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

That's what I was thinking. Last year I picked up a set & they are cracked terribly. Have mine with a welder currently to build me a replica. If this is way too off-topic, I'm happy to take to PM. Could you share with me your thoughts on this exhaust with a 3.4L? What muffler would you recommend for FOCOA headers?

Thanks so much.

PM sent. (We'll let this thread fade away. If the O/P is receiving notifications, we're probably driving him nuts.)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-26-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock