TURBO 87 GT Red 5 speed by anewmanx
Started on: 04-30-2019 02:41 PM
Replies: 4 (640 views)
Last post by: anewmanx on 05-11-2019 06:33 PM
anewmanx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2019 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anewmanxSend a Private Message to anewmanxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update: Got ahold of my buddy in Florida and he says we can get this thing painted and running again within the month... so, that's my plan.

Question: What would a reasonable asking price be for this car up and running again?

So long story short, this car got the turbo replaced during its paint job, but the vacuum hoses were never hooked up. It's been sitting 2-3 years out of the weather at a friends place in Northern Florida. Car was running before we took the turbo off to replace it.

1987 GT
5 speed manual with an upgraded clutch. New master and slave cylinders were installed when I bought it.
Has corvette brakes.
Has upgraded rims.
Has some custom body work (see pictures.)
3800 Series II engine (supercharged bottom end)
West Coast Fiero turbo setup, wrapped headers, etc...
Has an old haltec ECU, could use a switchout to the regular one.
I have 42.5lb injectors sitting in a box waiting for install.
Turbo is brand new replacement for what came with the WCF setup. Cost arond $1250 new a few years ago.
Has water/methanol injection setup installed.
Front mount battery.
DVD player.
Interior isn't terrible, but isn't great.

The car was white and we switched it to blood red. The paint job still needs a light sanding and clear sprayed on IIRC. We never finished the bottom trim. You can tell from the pictures we took the car down pretty far with the body work. The friend who did the job builds fiberglass boats. He did beautiful body work.

Life happened, 3 kids happened one after the other, and I never got back down to Florida to finish this car. It's at a friends house. Car has a clear title. Really fun car to drive with tons of power.

Shoot me an offer. I will meet in Florida with title in hand for the transaction. Obviously, cash or cashiers check only. Funds will be verified before I hand over title.
276 six three nine 7201

Pictures:

[This message has been edited by anewmanx (edited 05-04-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
anewmanx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2019 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anewmanxSend a Private Message to anewmanxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also open to trades of similar value.

Case in point, I need an enclosed cargo trailer (20-24’).
anewmanx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2019 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anewmanxSend a Private Message to anewmanxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update: Got ahold of my buddy in Florida and he says we can get this thing painted and running again within the month... so, that's my plan.

Question: What would a reasonable asking price be for this car painted, up and running again?
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2019 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe your plan of finishing the paint job and returning the car to running condition will get you a reasonable offer. If you post on eBay with low/no reserve and a nice engine-running video on YouTube you should attract lots of interest and spirited bidding. It is hard to sell anything (car, boat, house, etc.) that doesn't work for anything more than 'a song.' As a 3800SC window shopper I know there are many on the forum who've done the swap themselves or had it done and the range of money invested is astonishingly large due to choices made, so it is probably impossible for anyone to answer the 'fair price' question. Maybe another way is to do a 'gut check' on your own: my rule-of-thumb is if you can recover one-half of the investment you've made into a car you are Very Lucky. I'd be curious what people think of that 'rule' ('it's more like a guideline really.')
anewmanx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2019 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anewmanxSend a Private Message to anewmanxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

I believe your plan of finishing the paint job and returning the car to running condition will get you a reasonable offer. If you post on eBay with low/no reserve and a nice engine-running video on YouTube you should attract lots of interest and spirited bidding. It is hard to sell anything (car, boat, house, etc.) that doesn't work for anything more than 'a song.' As a 3800SC window shopper I know there are many on the forum who've done the swap themselves or had it done and the range of money invested is astonishingly large due to choices made, so it is probably impossible for anyone to answer the 'fair price' question. Maybe another way is to do a 'gut check' on your own: my rule-of-thumb is if you can recover one-half of the investment you've made into a car you are Very Lucky. I'd be curious what people think of that 'rule' ('it's more like a guideline really.')

Thankfully I bought it before fiero prices shot up after the creators death. I don’t have too much in it.

I’m just afraid after I fix it I won’t want to let it go!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock