85 for sale $2,500 (Oklahoma City) by Okey84
Started on: 04-26-2019 11:23 PM
Replies: 7 (297 views)
Last post by: Okey84 on 04-30-2019 09:12 PM
Okey84

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2019 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Okey84Send a Private Message to Okey84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[img]oklahomacity.craigslist.org/pts/d/chickasha-1985-fiero-se/6875991043.html[/img]I have a black and red...1985 Fiero SE that I want to sell. Car has 143,000 miles, with grey and black interior, removable sun roof, power windows, cruise control, a four-cylinder Iron Duke with a four-speed manual transmission and brand new P215/60 R14 tires ($500.00 value).

It needs some light body work and paint. Runs great! Asking $2,500.00.

[This message has been edited by Okey84 (edited 04-27-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2019 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many threads you going to make about this? Post your photos to imgur or CL or any of the thousands of free hosting sites.
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2019 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the link to the ad with pictures of the 85 for anyone interested: https://oklahomacity.craigs...o-se/6875991043.html

And here is the link to the 84 parts car (with the black panels from the 85 car?): https://oklahomacity.craigs...ents/6876019349.html

You're really going to want to keep your comments and pictures in one thread so potential buyers here on PFF can keep up instead of hunting down several threads or new ones every time you repost it. I will be in the market for a car in a month or two so I've been keeping an eye out on local cars that pop up to get a feel for the market. I think you may be a bit on the high end for a car that's in different colors and missing some trim bits but I've been out of the market a while so I'm not really sure what's worth what these days. As I said in your last thread I'm in Tulsa and could be interested if you still have the car in a month or two.

I do have some questions that could help you sell it regardless:

1. How is the dash? Cracks? Are the corners by the vents by the doors broken up? It's a common problem so you may want to add a couple pictures.
2. Can you pull up the carpet in the trunk to get pictures of the corners by the frame rails? This is a common spot for the body to rust through and will indicate what kind of shape the frame is in under the body panels.
3. What's the story on the 2-tone colors? Did it start as an all-black 85 and then you swapped the red panels from your 84 parts car (that's listed in yet another thread)? Why? Did a tree fall on it? Was it damaged in a wreck? Were those body panels just in better shape? The black panels look OK in the pictures on your parts car listing so why did you swap them?
4. Front end damage can be hidden under the bumper as well. Can you pop the hood and take a couple pictures of the frame around the radiator supports?
5. How are the shift cables, rubber control arm bushings, engine mounts? Are the rubber/wear components dry-rotten or in good overall shape?
6. Has the timing set ever been replaced to your knowledge? I'm not super familiar with the 4cyl Duke but I hear the original timing sets had plastic gears that tend to fall apart.
7. Do the headlight motors work? Not a big deal if they don't but it would be one less thing to get it on the road.
8. What kind of shape is the battery tray in? They pretty much all rust but how far along is this one? It's probably worth taking a picture and adding it to your Craigslist ad.
9. What is the title situation on the (mostly) black 85 and your (mostly) red 84 parts car?

[This message has been edited by Alibi (edited 04-29-2019).]

predmeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2019 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for predmeisterSend a Private Message to predmeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why dont you okies join fiero club oklahoma?
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2019 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by predmeister:

why dont you okies join fiero club oklahoma?

I'm a member of the Facebook page but it doesn't seem to be very active. Is there another site that's better?
predmeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2019 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for predmeisterSend a Private Message to predmeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not very active? we meet every month and have since the mid 90's. monthly car cruises (during warmer months) We even have gone to tulsa to meet people. I cant speak for the tulsa people. We have our annual picnic coming up. We are going to Yale Oklahoma in May for our saturday meeting. We have tech sessions. We just had an amazing spring fling. Next year we are hosting it and are all ready working on the t-shirt design and other stuff since it will be the 15th. Don't rely on facebook. Show up and see what is going on. We have meras in the club, 3800sc cars a 305 V-8, t-top cars etc. Get some tulsa guys together and meet us in Yale.
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2019 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Facebook page gets 2-3 posts per month so I would say that isn't very active. I don't know about the club as a whole though unless Facebook is its only public facing page?

I'll hit you guys up if I end up with a car at any point in the future though.
Okey84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2019 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Okey84Send a Private Message to Okey84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alibi, many thanks to you for your help and your advice - it’s greatly appreciated.
So here’s the backstory:
Had an 84 SE with the original Iron Duke 4 cylinder my Dad bought brand new, drove 10 years before parking it in the garage, retrieving periodically on sunny days. He gave it to my wife and while driving to the store, a kid ran the stop sign at a four way stop, damaging the drivers side fender, wheel well, A-frame, and of course the frame rail. Car was totaled. It was going to cost around six grand in order to get it repaired, plus I had to locate a donor car in order to remove its intact frame rail, and other body parts in order to transfer them to the 84.
After I found the black 85 base model which was to be the donor, aside from its skinny wheels, manual door locks and windows, it was in decent enough condition. Just needed body work and paint. So I swapped the doors, roof and trunk lid from the 84 was prepared to have bodywork done along with the paint. Currently I’m storing this car and just want to get it out of my way.

Headlights work. Title is clear and has current tags.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock