6.5 inch subwoofer in stock under dash housing by Eau_Rouge
Started on: 04-09-2019 11:02 PM
Replies: 3 (331 views)
Last post by: Eau_Rouge on 04-30-2019 10:31 PM
Eau_Rouge

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2019 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Eau_RougeSend a Private Message to Eau_RougeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For sale is a 6.5 Kicker CompCVT shallow mount subwoofer custom fitted into the stock under dash housing. The sub is rated at 150 watts RMS and 300 watts peak (4 ohm). As seen in the pics, I made an adapter from delrin plastic that was then bolted to the stock housing. There is silicone around the mating surfaces to ensure no air leaks. The adapter and sub housing are then wrapped in black suede. When installed under the dash, only about 1.5 inches of the suede is shown. Unless you know what you are looking for, you can't tell there is a subwoofer there. There is about one summer's worth of the occasional weekend drives on the sub. The bass output is a huge step up to the Tang Band sub (I had that one before this). If you are expecting the level of bass from a 10 inch sub, this isn't for you. It delivers a good amount of bass but is not over powering.

I also have a set of speaker plates as shown in the linked thread below. I made these plates using the template shown in the thread. The only difference is that I made mine out of 3/16" aluminum plate as I did not want to take the risk of cracking hardboard or stripping screw threads. If interested in these plates, please read the attached thread carefully as a cut to the dash stock speaker housing is required to fit the 5.25" component speaker/woofer. I will post a pic of my aluminum plates when I get a chance.

US$300 (CAD$400) takes both the sub/sub housing and speaker plates. Given the size of these items, I"m happy to ship at the buyer's expense.

Thank you for your interest.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000080.html

Edit - 3/16" aluminum speaker plates shown.

[This message has been edited by Eau_Rouge (edited 04-10-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2019 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Out of curiosity how far down does that hang? Does it hinder a passengers legs?
Eau_Rouge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2019 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Eau_RougeSend a Private Message to Eau_RougeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

Out of curiosity how far down does that hang? Does it hinder a passengers legs?

I guess that depends on where you want to put your legs! The extension on the stock sub housing is a tick under 2 inches long as can be seen in the pic. I'm 6 feet tall and personally, I found it to be a non issue. Hope this helps.

Eau_Rouge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2019 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Eau_RougeSend a Private Message to Eau_RougeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit to add that the aluminum component speaker plates have been claimed and are no longer available. In their place, I am adding a Kenwood KAC-827 amplifier and a pair of Pioneer 4x10 speakers that are a direct dash fit. The amp is a great match for the sub and the speakers have very little use as I switched to component speakers shortly after installing them. All that will be needed to make the subwoofer operational is an amp wiring kit which are readily available on Amazon.

$400 Cdn for everything or $300 US.

[This message has been edited by Eau_Rouge (edited 05-01-2019).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock