1987 fiero GT TTop Auto w/ 3.4 engine upgrade and many extras by jamerican
Started on: 03-19-2019 09:59 PM
Replies: 22 (1288 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 06-06-2019 07:02 PM
jamerican

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2019 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jamericanSend a Private Message to jamericanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am selling a fiero for a mfriend , but can answer all questions because I built car about 10 years ago
This is a 1987 GT TTop (c&c top) Automatic it has 3.4 engine upgrade from a 1995 camaro
And a 1989 Cadillac 440t4 transmission with proper axles about 30,000 miles on engine
Ported and polished cylinder heads with stainless steel valves from fiero store
FCOA ( fiero club of America) headers tuned for fiero , bored out throttle body to 57 mm
High lift cam 272 won’t pass smog in Southern California
Coil overs in rear, poly bushings all around , battery relocated under spare tire in front
Grey interior, driver seat ripped and driver door panel ripped, stock subwoofer
Exterior needs paint , 18” wheels
Have pictures but don’t no how to post here
You can reach me at(760) 684-5827 or gofast250@aol.com for pictures
Asking 4000.00 will consider all offers

[This message has been edited by jamerican (edited 03-20-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jamerican

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2019 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jamericanSend a Private Message to jamericanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for new lower price
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2019 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jamerican:

Bump for new lower price

A/C? Dyno sheet? Post pictures to imgur... it is 2019 hosting is free virtually everywhere.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2019 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Email sent
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2019 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

High lift cam 272 won’t pass smog in Southern California

Just curious if the smog failure was tested with a new cat or the old one. Also would think the car would fail visual inspection with the headers, no?
jamerican

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2019 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jamericanSend a Private Message to jamericanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero will not pass smog due to a high lift cam in Southern California they have stricter smog laws, the car was built in central California well it will pass smog the headers are 50 state legal made by the fiero club of America
I do not have a Dyno-I am not advertising this car to have massive horsepower it was a good daily driver especially on the freeway with a 4 speed with a overdrive
just looking to fine a good home for a rare fiero
Have plenty of picture if someone can post them for me

[This message has been edited by jamerican (edited 03-26-2019).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2019 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 03-26-2019).]

jamerican

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2019 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jamericanSend a Private Message to jamericanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Jake
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2019 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you Jake

You are welcome, good luck with the sale.
jamerican

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2019 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jamericanSend a Private Message to jamericanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New lower price 1500
If no interest I’ll probably part it out
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2019 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New lower price 1500

That would be a shame.
Wow, from $4,000.00 to $1,500.00. Wow. It should be worth that.

Sit on it. Every Fiero has it's price day.

If you do part it, I would be interested in the T top glass.

PFF
System Bot
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2019 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New lower price 1500

If you do end up parting it out, I would be interested in the headers.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2019 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are tempting. I just don't need another project.
If I got the car it would be that color for the rest of its life
Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2019 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you think it could be safely driven to San Diego? If I changed the cam you would otherwise expect it to pass smog?
jamerican

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jamericanSend a Private Message to jamericanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It used to pass smog in Central California without a issue , Southern California just has stricter smog
But yes it would make it to San Diego (needs a new battery )it was a daily driver and took many trips from Central California to San Diego
But yes worst case change cam and should not have a issue with smog ,
Seriously guys this Fiero has a lot of custom work and is a great car
Just have too many ( you know the deal )
Just sold my 88 TTop
Selling my 87 custom
And of course this 87 TTop
And still got a Ferrari kit car on a 87 chassis ( keeping that one )
I’m dam near giving this car away

Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2019 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply. That is a smokin' deal for somebody and very tempting for me. Just curious how a smog shop would know the headers are legal. Is there a sticker they would see with a certification they would verify each time? Or does it get associated with the VIN# in perpetuity?
jamerican

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2019 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jamericanSend a Private Message to jamericanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is not any tags on headers , I did not have a issue with them , but again that was in Central California
Fiero exhaust manifold did not have any smog lines to them , so I don’t think these headers would be a issue , just way better flowing then stock
Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2019 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do the headers bolt up to the stock cross-over or come with a special one. In the picture it looks like the EGR is still there.
jamerican

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jamericanSend a Private Message to jamericanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Headers did come with there own y pipe with egr manifold to make it smog legal
Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2019 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just checking back to see if you've sold the car or decided to part it out ...
jamerican

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2019 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jamericanSend a Private Message to jamericanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look like ongoing to part it out ,but it’s going to take a little while before I have time to tear it apart and cut top off
But will keep everyone posted if interested in parts
PFF
System Bot
htexans1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2019 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hold up on that chop job, I may have room for it locally. I am in KS currently and we have NO smog.

I'd hate to see it die, it just may live yet.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2019 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you explain what the issue is with the cam?
They don't do pipe sniffers here from what I have had to do.
They visually inspect the car, check for codes and after market parts.
The headers would have to have a SMOG number to pass the visual and it would also require a stock catalytic converter.
Its a 31 year old car I wonder how many SMOG check stations would even know what to look for.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock