Wanted: IMSA or Widebody Parts by Racer_JT
Started on: 03-19-2019 08:04 PM
Replies: 10 (308 views)
Last post by: StreetRod4 on 03-21-2019 10:46 PM
Racer_JT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2019 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking to go widebody. Anybody have either IMSA or other widebody parts for sale?

Thanx

------------------
1986 GT 4.9 4Auto
1988 RaceCar 3.4 DOHC

[This message has been edited by Racer_JT (edited 03-19-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2019 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Theres a guy on craigslist in CT that has i believe a new DGP kit he's selling.

Boz
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2019 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
StreetRod4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2019 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StreetRod4Send a Private Message to StreetRod4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be me 🙂
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2019 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what comes with the kit, in other words, does it also have the door skins and rear trunk wing? I can see rear qts, front fenders, nose and rear facia in the pics. thanks
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2019 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somebody that wants an IMSA body...better jump on that one! That's a great price!!!

I'm wondering if it's the race version that was meant to be mounted on a tube chassis, or if it has all the flanges for attaching it directly to the Fiero space frame.

Being 3" wider on both sides, makes it a "race" body, as opposed to regular street use body, as they are generally 2" per side.

But all the parts look to be in great shape, PLUS it's an original DGP made kit....believe me...those inner fenders are a pain to lay up and I generally don't include them when I do a kit. Mostly because Jim Sutter who bought some of the molds from DGP, made modifications to the molds, adding a return flange on the inside of the wheel wells, so that the factory plastic liners could be used with the kit.

Anyway, like I said, anybody that wants an IMSA body...you're probably not going to find one in that great a shape for that price, anywhere else...at least I've never seen one...and I sure wouldn't make one for that!

GLWS

HAGO!
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2019 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

Somebody that wants an IMSA body...better jump on that one! That's a great price!!!

I'm wondering if it's the race version that was meant to be mounted on a tube chassis, or if it has all the flanges for attaching it directly to the Fiero space frame.

Being 3" wider on both sides, makes it a "race" body, as opposed to regular street use body, as they are generally 2" per side.

But all the parts look to be in great shape, PLUS it's an original DGP made kit....believe me...those inner fenders are a pain to lay up and I generally don't include them when I do a kit. Mostly because Jim Sutter who bought some of the molds from DGP, made modifications to the molds, adding a return flange on the inside of the wheel wells, so that the factory plastic liners could be used with the kit.

Anyway, like I said, anybody that wants an IMSA body...you're probably not going to find one in that great a shape for that price, anywhere else...at least I've never seen one...and I sure wouldn't make one for that!

GLWS

HAGO!

I agree. Someone is going to get one hell of a deal with that kit.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-21-2019).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2019 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought the other difference between race and street is the rear wheel arch below the belt line on the street version vs through it on the race version.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2019 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

I thought the other difference between race and street is the rear wheel arch below the belt line on the street version vs through it on the race version.

You are right! I was going on the 3" wider per side as opposed to the 2" . The pic of the yellow car is the larger well openings, while the kit pics show the smaller well opening.

So that would indicate, the kit pictured in the ad IS for mounting on the space frame, rather than a custom tube chassis.

That makes it an even better deal!

HAGO!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 03-21-2019).]

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2019 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how difficult would that be to turn into a fastback
StreetRod4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2019 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StreetRod4Send a Private Message to StreetRod4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

what comes with the kit, in other words, does it also have the door skins and rear trunk wing? I can see rear qts, front fenders, nose and rear facia in the pics. thanks

The kit is made to use the factory door skins, and I do have a wing to go with the kit for that price. It is the street version that will bolt up to a stock chassis

[This message has been edited by StreetRod4 (edited 03-21-2019).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock