Looking for battery relocation tray and cables for front mount by FieroJonney
Started on: 03-14-2019 02:32 PM
Replies: 12 (445 views)
Last post by: FieroJonney on 03-22-2019 11:28 AM
FieroJonney

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2019 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for the battery tray that goes under the spare tire. If you have cables/wires too that's a bonus. Thanks!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FastOwen2XLL

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2019 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastOwen2XLLSend a Private Message to FastOwen2XLLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working on my own battery relocation. Purchased my tray from a forum member. I believe it was a WCF one.

A trip to my local U-pick and I stripped out 2 positive cables from a couple of Bonnevilles. Since most of the cable is run inside, they are usually in like-new condition. While I was there, I went to the Chrysler section. Several Chryslers have remote mount batteries. I believe I picked up my remote terminals from a couple Dodge Intrepids. The idea is to have a positive and negative remote terminal close to the original battery location, so I can jump/charge my car from either the front or rear compartment.

I looked into automotive conduit to run the cables thru, then I read about someone using irrigation tubing from Lowe's. The stuff is tough, weather resistant, and should keep the cables safe under the car. Lastly, I used riv-nuts into the front tub to fasten down my tray.

I know this doesn't help you find one, but figured the info might help!
FieroJonney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2019 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Owen, great idea with the remote posts. 👍🏻
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2019 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroJonney:

Looking for the battery tray that goes under the spare tire. If you have cables/wires too that's a bonus. Thanks!

PFF member Norm used to make a battery relocation kit and I have used several of his.

http://www.normsfiberglass.com/

Paul Angel (Tha Driver) might also be able to make one for you. If he needs one to copy, he has one of my cars right now that has the under the spare tire battery modification that he could use for a pattern.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 03-15-2019).]

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2019 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of cables i could sell you 50 shipped usa. would be flat rate usps medium box shipping. you will need to put the started and ground ends on it already has the battery terminal posts like the fiero.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2019 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

PFF member Norm used to make a battery relocation kit and I have used several of his.

http://www.normsfiberglass.com/

Both of my front battery boxes came from Norm.
The last one I bought didn't include the cables, but it was substantially cheaper.

FieroJonney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2019 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, I'm getting ahold of Norm. (Email)
FieroJonney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2019 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroJonney

143 posts
Member since Jun 2009

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

I have a set of cables i could sell you 50 shipped usa. would be flat rate usps medium box shipping. you will need to put the started and ground ends on it already has the battery terminal posts like the fiero.

Might take you up on this. Pending what Norm says. Thanks.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2019 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sounds good.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2019 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can also buy the cable from Home Depot, Lowes and most electrical supply stores. They (HD) sell it in bulk by the foot for $2. I think it was 1 or 0 gauge.
86-ls-turbo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2019 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86-ls-turboSend a Private Message to 86-ls-turboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have any cables but if your interested I have a fiberglass relocation tray
PFF
System Bot
FieroJonney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2019 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86-ls-turbo:

I don't have any cables but if your interested I have a fiberglass relocation tray

Yes I'm interested. Sending pm

FieroJonney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2019 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all. Got a tray from 86 ls turbo and will get some cables from hd. Appreciate all the help.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock