86 Sail window by MrShiverz
Started on: 02-08-2019 07:46 PM
Replies: 2 (130 views)
Last post by: MrShiverz on 02-08-2019 11:47 PM
MrShiverz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2019 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrShiverzSend a Private Message to MrShiverzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased a set of used SE sail windows off Ebay. Seller said they were for an 86 but after pulling off my sails, I see hardware is totally different. Did I get an 84? The one I purchased has two metal pegs (screws) and a large screw. No place for clips.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MRBLUE87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2019 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRBLUE87Send a Private Message to MRBLUE87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two metal pegs at rear edge would indicate a 1984 style. The 1984 should also have a metal frame with real glass panel instead of later years shiny plastic panel over a dull plastic frame. You can install the 1984 style in your 1986 if you have the two 1984 metal clips that the pins attach to. The 1984 frame is about 1/16" shorter front to back but this is barely noticeable.
MrShiverz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2019 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrShiverzSend a Private Message to MrShiverzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm... It sure looks like plastic. Anyway. I've looked for the sleeves for the back pins to go into but with no luck. Can you point me in the right direction?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock