1988 GT Part Out by Turbowedge
Started on: 01-30-2019 03:23 AM
Replies: 38 (1800 views)
Last post by: thelinsells on 10-10-2019 11:56 PM
Turbowedge

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2019 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I am acquiring an 88 GT this weekend, car runs and drives, has title issues so I will be parting it out. Taillights are not for sale, but other than that everything must go including the engine and 5 speed trans. I will be taking a video of it running before I pull the engine and trans and if you are local and want to stop by, take it for a spin and check it out yourself. I would like to keep the cradle, but money talks and I really don't have the room for it anyway. I have limited time so I am going to strip it down as fast as possible and get rid of the carcass. I hate to see an 88 go to the boneyard with good 88 specific parts still on it, so figure out what you need now. I am willing to ship but of course you have to pay shipping. Larger parts are easier and cheaper to ship via greyhound bus so keep that in mind. Last GT I did this with went very well, so I will give it another try. Stay tuned and I should have it at the house by Sunday and get some pics for those interested, thanks.

My email is....Turbowedge@aol.com

Update, please read before going any further:

With all of the drama happening lately with items not being shipped and so forth, I just want everyone on the same page from the start. I have been on this forum for over ten years and have bought and sold alot of things, that being said I am a person of my word. Now, I also have a job that takes up a good 50-60 hours of my week which doesn't leave much time for anything else. If the buyer and myself come to an agreement on something, be advised that it may take a week or two at the most to remove, package and ship said item. If this is not acceptable then please pass me by. I welcome local pick-up and can meet within a reasonable distance for things as well. I do have paypal and will not ask you to send a personal one, that way we are both protected. I also don't have a chance to check Pennock's everyday, but will provide my personal email for best communication for I have alot more access to it, so it is the preferred means of choice to contact me. I will answer pms in order to make it fair to everyone and same goes for emails. Sorry for the long and drawn out speech, but it just seams necessary and I hope everyone understands, thanks.

Now to the pics, there are a couple of things that may be of interest including new seats done very well I may add, can't say that they are Mr. MIkes, because I haven't seen any of those up close, but these were done very well and look and feel like new leather although they could be pleather? Also the door panels were expensive at one time but are warpped now, unsure if you could get them straight again or not, but I know a few people would like the extra speaker space. The interior was turned to black, and the dash looks really well down with an epoxy paint from what I can tell, there is one small crack in it but other than that, great shape and corners are in tact. There is black carpet in it that looks like it was ordered black and not dyed, it is a little dirty but I think it will clean up just fine as it shows no wear at all. Car also has a wing delete rear decklid.

Parts that are no longer available:
Tail lights
Engine vents and mounts
P/M switch
Factory sub
ECM and engine harness
Front hubs
Steering Wheel

I will keep this list updated as parts are PAID for.

[This message has been edited by Turbowedge (edited 02-14-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
boostedbird

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2019 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like both drivers and passenger rear calipers please.
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2019 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2019 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How are the front knuckles with the bearing hubs ?

Interested...

LMK,
Konrad23

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2019 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Konrad23Send a Private Message to Konrad23Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested in the side window scoops!

------------------
'88 Fiero GT 5-Spd

Sage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2019 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What interior does it have?

HAGO!
Turbowedge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2019 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has grey interior and not to sure of condition as of yet. All pm have been answered and for those that have just posted to the topic, I will update post and questions with pics this weekend as soon as I get the car home, thanks.
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2019 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AC Hose - I can pick up
wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2019 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might want to run the serial # at the DMV before you strip it to make sure it wasn't stolen. Unless you already know the cars history. What is the steering wheel like?
Sage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2019 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Turbowedge:

It has grey interior and not to sure of condition as of yet. All pm have been answered and for those that have just posted to the topic, I will update post and questions with pics this weekend as soon as I get the car home, thanks.

Thanks Turbowedge....was hoping for saddle (tan) and in good shape. Already have the grey!

HAGO!
Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2019 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
FastOwen2XLL

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2019 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastOwen2XLLSend a Private Message to FastOwen2XLLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent!
0z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2019 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 0zSend a Private Message to 0zEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about the tilt wheel stalk. Someone chewed mine up with pliers.
Mike Morris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2019 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MorrisSend a Private Message to Mike MorrisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car have performance sound?

------------------
1999 Camaro Z28 B4C Heads Cam Intake Stall etc
1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 331 R block S trim Intercooled
1988 MR2 SC Cammed,Pulley etc
1988 Corvette Cammed stalled bolt ons
1985 Fiero SE V6-Transgo,stall,K&N,cat delete,Ported TB

Curtisk1060

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2019 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in search of both the driver and passenger side power door lock switch plates, either with or without the switches, but with all the mounting screws if they get parted out. let me know if they will be available.
Turbowedge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2019 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As of 11:30pm 2-3-19, all pms and post here have been replied to. Also, @wftb, the title was written on by previous owners uncle as he had dementia and signed in black marker in the wrong spot and has since died, title could be obtained, but I just didn't want to go through the hassle with the dmv.
fgt1988

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2019 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fgt1988Send a Private Message to fgt1988Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM You back on interested interior

Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2019 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I assume based on the position of the one headlight, the headlight motors are not good?
xzeion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2019 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xzeionClick Here to visit xzeion's HomePageSend a Private Message to xzeionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What would it take for you part with the rear cradle + whatever bits I need to get it into an 87 that you take from the 88. (ctrl arms, links, struts, etc) (not sure if I need the strut hats from the 88 to fit it to my 87. If not I would pass on them)
Also I am after a passenger side dew wipe if the ones on that car are any good.

Door internals / glass? my glass is loose and scratched

------------------
87 GT in Blue
~ Drive what you love and love what you drive ~

[This message has been edited by xzeion (edited 02-04-2019).]

Turbowedge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2019 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@bump, they were both working when I got the car, not sure what is going on with it.....

@xzeion, it may be a little bit before I get to the cradle, would like to leave engine in it as long as I can so an interested party can hear it running, but we can work something out on a package deal for you. as far as dew wipes, haven't looked that close to them yet, but I will get back with you. windows roll up good and tight as well
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2019 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How feasible would it be to ship the front and rear bumpers?
PFF
System Bot
Dklosinski

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2019 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DklosinskiSend a Private Message to DklosinskiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much for the seat covers?
Larry Hubbert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2019 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested in front and rear bumpers, plus the egg crate cushioning behind them, the complete GT steering rack with tie rods, complete rear cradle and rear suspension (no motor) assembly. Can pick up as I am in New Port Richey, FL. May also be interested in other body parts as well. Contact me at lhubbert2@brighthouse.com rather than PM, same reasons as you posted. Thanks and have a great day.
mr-riff

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2019 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr-riffSend a Private Message to mr-riffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested in the shifter bezel assembly. Condition and price?
Nextel dude

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2019 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nextel dudeSend a Private Message to Nextel dudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you are interested in selling the driver's side rear brake caliper let me know what you want for it shipped to 19975. Thanks

Chuck
donridenour3134

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2019 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donridenour3134Send a Private Message to donridenour3134Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like the dash circuit board.
Turbowedge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2019 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beginning of the week bump and all pms have been replied to, just waiting on a couple of responses, thanks.
PRND3L

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2019 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PRND3LSend a Private Message to PRND3LEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent an email inquiring about the transmission.

- Alex
Turbowedge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2019 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For everyone that has contacted me, pms have been sent back to verify needs and prices. The car is in the middle of disassembly now and parts will be ready to go tomorrow. For all of you, please get back in the next day or so with me so we can set up payment and shipping. For the large items, I can shoot over to the March show in Daytona to meet and deliver instead of shipping.
adm927

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2019 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for adm927Send a Private Message to adm927Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much for the cradle? Shipped to NC
N0ctrnl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2019 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N0ctrnlSend a Private Message to N0ctrnlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. Interested in a headlight assembly.
PFF
System Bot
EmilioD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2019 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EmilioDSend a Private Message to EmilioDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how much for the center console sub assembly, complete is one unit from the radio and ventilation pods to the back it is black plastic.
Larry Hubbert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2019 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to announce that I have purchased this entire 1988 GT off of 'TROWBRIDGE' (1988 GT Part Out) as of 03/01/19 and that it now resides at my workshop in New Port Richey, FL 34652, where I have begun disassambly as we speak. I also wish to announce that I have also previously aquired all of the Fiero inventory from 'STRAWS' and presently have all of those parts, etc available and up for sale as well.

I predominately stockpile parts for 88's, however I have parts for other years available as well. If you are just looking for or need any parts for your Fiero's please contact me by email at lhubbert2@brighthouse.com and I will get back to you ASAP with prices and HiRes pix of what I have in my inventory.

I'd also like to say that this is just a hobby with me to help keep our Fiero Community up and running as I also have a full time job I have to work at as well, so please be patient I will get back to everyone who emails me. Thank you and have yourselves a great day.
Larry Hubbert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2019 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Larry Hubbert

561 posts
Member since Nov 2015
Update on '1988 GT Part Out'. I have put a battery in the 88GT and found that it started, runs fine and is completely drivable. I have gone over the entire drive train and everthing works as it should. Therefore I have decided that if anyone is interested in purchasing a running 2.8 motor, 5-speed Getrag Transaxle, or even a complete rear drive train dropout to please contact me with your needs as I'd prefer to sell the complete drive train as an intact unit rather than break it down into seperate units which is still an option.

For those of you who are interested in 88 Engine cradles I presently have several cradles that have been sandblasted, inspected and are ready for shipment please contact me at lhubbert2@brighthouse.com. Thank you and have yourselves a great day.
Knight Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2019 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Knight RiderSend a Private Message to Knight RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Email sent
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2019 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much for the power mirrors shipped to 75024?

[This message has been edited by flimbob (edited 03-28-2019).]

V8 Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8 FormulaSend a Private Message to V8 FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by V8 Formula (edited 10-08-2019).]

tntcary

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2019 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much for the Auxiliary gauges and it’s housing and the Speedo cluster shipped to 30134? Thanks!

------------------
Put the blow torch down please, its just a Fiero.

"Strange, I tore those metal fibers like paper.. and what he did, was amazing. Sooomething is happening........"
Ursa

thelinsells

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2019 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking for a patch panel from the right rear wheel house.I can come down from Gainesville to take it out.Would this work out for you? R.T.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock