WTB rear brake brackets for lebaron swap by way2qik4u
Started on: 01-23-2019 04:52 PM
Replies: 8 (267 views)
Last post by: way2qik4u on 02-03-2019 01:17 PM
way2qik4u

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for way2qik4uSend a Private Message to way2qik4uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, looking to buy rear brake brackets for rear lebaron brake swap. A gentleman did send me the drawings for them ( thanks ) and I thought I could have them machined here but no such luck ( I live in a very small town ) I did have a plasma cutter but the other day it burned up while I was cutting some other metal for the chassis so no luck there......please let me know, thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2019 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have two sets of rear brackets for the Lebaron swap. But they are not the same. One set was made by RCC. The other is by an unknown vendor but is a different design that clocks the calipers slightly. Pics:

The set that is bolted up to the spindle is the RCC set and is used. The other set has not been used. I really know nothing about the new set but it is a nicer looking set. Why it is a different design I do not know. Bought from a PFF member on the mall.

25.00 USD plus shipping for the old set. 75.00 USD plus shipping for the new set. Shoot me a PM with your address if you are interested.
------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

[This message has been edited by wftb (edited 01-30-2019).]

way2qik4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for way2qik4uSend a Private Message to way2qik4uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
curious what calipers did you run with your used set? This might help me decide what clocking I would need in a bracket set
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe the clocked set let’s you run 85 Seville fronts and keeps your ebrake. Looks the same as what I have.
way2qik4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for way2qik4uSend a Private Message to way2qik4uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
confused, do you mean lets you keep running an ebrake by using a Seville rear calipers, the fronts don't have a prevision for ebrakes......I was wondering if the unclocked used ones he has cannot use the ebrake caliper

[This message has been edited by way2qik4u (edited 01-28-2019).]

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The used set originally came with I believe Cadilac fronts and camaro rears. That set also came with brackets to mount the park brake cables but they were so flimsy I never got it to work. The ebrake would have worked by making a better cable mounting bracket. Any GM Metric calipers will work. I have Willwood 2 piston GM metric replacement aluminum calipers on the front and on the rear I have a stock setup. The calipers that I originally had on were made out of cast iron and weighed a lot more than either stock calipers or the Willwoods. I don't know if any of the GM OEM metric calipers were made out of aluminum. But if you are trying to keep unsprung weight to a minimum like I am, you should use aluminum calipers if you can. You can't get any lighter set up than stock rears. They don't look cool but they have all the stopping power you need back there.

[This message has been edited by wftb (edited 01-28-2019).]

jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by way2qik4u:

confused, do you mean lets you keep running an ebrake by using a Seville rear calipers, the fronts don't have a prevision for ebrakes......I was wondering if the unclocked used ones he has cannot use the ebrake caliper

no they rear modified calipers let you run a cadi Seville front caliper with ebrake on the rear of the fiero.

[This message has been edited by jjd2296 (edited 01-28-2019).]

way2qik4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2019 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for way2qik4uSend a Private Message to way2qik4uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone a pair of rear brackets?
way2qik4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2019 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for way2qik4uSend a Private Message to way2qik4uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the help of everyone, I have a set now

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock