Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  where are all the rare and interesting parts?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
where are all the rare and interesting parts? by jjd2296
Started on: 11-28-2018 09:05 PM
Replies: 10 (736 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 12-08-2018 04:13 PM
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2018 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
seems like all the good rare NOS and aftermarket parts have dried up! 3 years ago there was lots of posts with rare parts for sale nothing recently
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2018 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the answer is two fold.

First is that when rare and/or NOS parts are discussed the first thing out of many people's mouths is, "how cheap". Those very people want and compare NOS prices to used which will never happen.

On the flipside, there are some out with the rare and NOS parts that think they are sitting on that proverbial "Pot 'o Gold" and are, in some cases, totally insane with what they think their part(s) are worth. There is one seller (I won't mention his name(s)) that posts his items on popular websites that either bumped his head or doesn't know the difference between a Fiero and a Ferrari when it comes to his pricing.

So to summarize, the parts are out there but nobody brings them out because nobody wants to pay and the ones that do offer them think they have something special for $50,000.00 cars.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2018 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a whole shelving unit full of NOS parts, but only a few are considered 'rare' or 'interesting'. Most are pretty arcane. I have new in the bag rubber grommets for the fender hole where the antenna pokes through. How about new in the box plastic nubs for the EQ function on the top of the line radio? You know those machined screw looking things that attach the power mirror glass to the motor? Yep....I have more than a dozen of these things new in the bag. Nobody will ever need one because used ones are so easy to find.

I suppose these things could be considered interesting because they are still in their original wrapper, but once opened up they're just like the thousands of used ones floating around out there. What that means is I will die with these things still sitting on my shelf!
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got ahold of a set of louvers for the Fiero. There are the hinged type that rest on the rear window pillar. I've been waiting YEARS to get my hands on a set of these. Beat that for a rare find.
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Crap! Nice score
Crasian

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never seen a set... got pics?? I wanna see.
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find rare is the Holley air cleaner cover of a 2.5 motor ‘ there just a dress up cover but blend in with the valve cover nicely 👍
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2018 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an Indy style over the roof scoop, and a drawer full of misc. still in GM wrapper, grommets, plugs, rivets, etc. all individually wrapped. kinda cool.

------------------
NoFieros at this time...
11 Camaro SS/RS LS3 6.2
11 Avalanche LT 5.3
14 Malibu LT 2.5
11 Cadillac CTS Coupe AWD 3.6
83 Yamaha Turbo Seca 650

fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I can't post pictures of those louvers on here. If it wasn't so difficult I would so you all can see them. I notice a lot of members mention the same about having difficulity posting pictures, while others post away. Whats up with that ?
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

Sorry I can't post pictures of those louvers on here. If it wasn't so difficult I would so you all can see them. I notice a lot of members mention the same about having difficulity posting pictures, while others post away. Whats up with that ?

I've never understood the difficulty with PIP. It's clunky but effective.

Try this...

Take your photo and email it to yourself (or whatever method you use to get pics on your Windows computer).
Navigate to the folder containing your photo.
Right click your mouse on the file. On the drop down menu click on "Open with" and then "Paint"
The image will open in the Paint program.

(Different cameras will create larger files, depending on it's camera settings, so it is necessary to shrink the image to a size the PIP program can handle. Thats' why we are using Paint)

Without going into technical detail.....

Look at the image in Paint. If it fills your screen, or mostly fills your screen it's probably too big for PIP.
Somewhere in the upper left you should find a tool call "Resize". Click it and a new box will open.
Select "Percentage" and then enter 50 in the Horizontal and Vertical boxes. Click OK when done.
The picture should be visibly reduced by 50% on your screen

(50% is just a starting point for you to experiment with. You may have to make it more or less in order to get a size that is appropriate for the Pennocks page. Once you find the number that works for you it should work on your other pics. Just remember the % number)

Click File ----> Save (or Save As to rename it if you don't want to copy over the original image with a smaller version of it)
Make a note of where you saved the new image.

Open the PIP program.
Click "Browse"
On the new window go to where the image is saved.
Left click on the file to select it and then click "Open", which on my computer is in the bottom right of the window.
If you get a "Warning: Posting Rule Violation" message your image is still too big. Go back to Paint and resize again.

If the image shows up in the PIP "Preview" window you are ready to post your image.
Click the "Post It" button on the PIP window and you will see the file upload progress bar.
When you see the "Upload Successful" message left click your mouse button to place the cursor in the desired position of your text posting.
Then right click your mouse and click "Paste"

The file will appear in your posting looking something like this...

images.fieroforum.com/2017/RRR123_11(4)_2.jpg]http://images.fieroforum.co...7/RRR123_11

You have just uploaded your image. Click the "Preview" button at the bottom of your Pennocks message screen to make sure it uploaded correctly and to check how the image size fits the screen. If it is too big it will be larger than can be seen fully without requiring the viewer to scroll sideways to see the whole thing and it changes topic window size to accommodate it. (I find that personally very annoying)

If it looks good click "Submit" at the bottom and you are done.

There you have it. I hope this works for you. Let us know.

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 12-07-2018).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2018 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

I've never understood the difficulty with PIP. It's clunky but effective.

Try this...

Take your photo and email it to yourself (or whatever method you use to get pics on your Windows computer).
Navigate to the folder containing your photo.
Right click your mouse on the file. On the drop down menu click on "Open with" and then "Paint"
The image will open in the Paint program.

(Different cameras will create larger files, depending on it's camera settings, so it is necessary to shrink the image to a size the PIP program can handle. Thats' why we are using Paint)

Without going into technical detail.....

Look at the image in Paint. If it fills your screen, or mostly fills your screen it's probably too big for PIP.
Somewhere in the upper left you should find a tool call "Resize". Click it and a new box will open.
Select "Percentage" and then enter 50 in the Horizontal and Vertical boxes. Click OK when done.
The picture should be visibly reduced by 50% on your screen

(50% is just a starting point for you to experiment with. You may have to make it more or less in order to get a size that is appropriate for the Pennocks page. Once you find the number that works for you it should work on your other pics. Just remember the % number)

Click File ----> Save (or Save As to rename it if you don't want to copy over the original image with a smaller version of it)
Make a note of where you saved the new image.

Open the PIP program.
Click "Browse"
On the new window go to where the image is saved.
Left click on the file to select it and then click "Open", which on my computer is in the bottom right of the window.
If you get a "Warning: Posting Rule Violation" message your image is still too big. Go back to Paint and resize again.

If the image shows up in the PIP "Preview" window you are ready to post your image.
Click the "Post It" button on the PIP window and you will see the file upload progress bar.
When you see the "Upload Successful" message left click your mouse button to place the cursor in the desired position of your text posting.
Then right click your mouse and click "Paste"

The file will appear in your posting looking something like this...

images.fieroforum.com/2017/RRR123_11(4)_2.jpg]http://images.fieroforum.co...7/RRR123_11

You have just uploaded your image. Click the "Preview" button at the bottom of your Pennocks message screen to make sure it uploaded correctly and to check how the image size fits the screen. If it is too big it will be larger than can be seen fully without requiring the viewer to scroll sideways to see the whole thing and it changes topic window size to accommodate it. (I find that personally very annoying)

If it looks good click "Submit" at the bottom and you are done.

There you have it. I hope this works for you. Let us know.

No Offense but I haven't been able to get the PIP to work either. I now use postimage.org and that's super easy to use. Download it to the site, then just copy and past the link here. Simple two minute process.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock