The Dinero for sale - much modified Fiero by couldahadaV8
Started on: 09-16-2018 05:08 PM
Replies: 8 (730 views)
Last post by: couldahadaV8 on 09-30-2018 11:52 AM
couldahadaV8

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2018 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not really sure if I'm ready to sell this or not, so I put it on eBay with a fairly high reserve and it didn't sell. I didn't advertise it on this forum as I think people on this forum tend to want cheaper cars that they can work on and modify themselves, not ones that are finished and ready to go. But maybe I'm wrong. So even though the eBay auction is over and I'm not relisting it, maybe someone here is interested or knows someone who is. I assume the link works even for an auction that's ended.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/198...047675.m43663.l44720

The reserve was $14k US (maybe a little "cheeky" as Mike would say, but you don't try you don't find out).

Any comments or questions, let me know.

Rick

[This message has been edited by couldahadaV8 (edited 09-16-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2018 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick, I wish you luck in selling this car. Although it probably cost a lot of money to build ,its difficult to determine its value. What I do when buying or selling is to see whats out there for the asking price and compare. For instance 80's Vettes are fairly cheap. Would a buyer want to spend that much money on this car or one of those? Hard question to answer.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

couldahadaV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2018 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I appreciate the feedback.

Usually when I decide to sell a car I price it at whatever point I need to so it sells fairly quickly; when I'm selling I'm ready to move on to something else. This time I'm not sure I really want to sell it yet, so I kept the price on the high side....if it sells, fine, if not I keep it for a while.

As for a used Vette for the same money, certainly you could go with that. I think it would be a different buyer though. The Vette would be a great car and very reliable with good power and comfort. BUT....it would be a Vette. Nobody would really look twice at it. I've had this car at a few cruise nights now and it obviously draws a crowd as they try and figure out what it is. I actually had someone ask me if it was a Vette?!?!!

If someone makes me a decent offer and catches me in a weak moment (like when I'm looking at a car I'd like to buy) who knows.
Lurate

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2018 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a Dino replica I've had for 26 years. It's been a blast to own. Is yours a modification of Norm's original Dino body kit or someone else's? BTW, that Miata interior is fantastic.
couldahadaV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2018 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine was a stock Norm's body when I found it. It had damage to pretty much every panel, so while fixing the damage I did some modifications on most of them. The damage was not from an accident, it was just small cracks and chipping in many areas.....and a really bad paint job. They really are cool cars and nobody knows what it is. The Miata dash swap worked out very nicely and does go with the overall lines of the car; very curvy.

Rick

[This message has been edited by couldahadaV8 (edited 09-20-2018).]

rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2018 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just wondering about the mis-match between the rear of the front fenders and the front of the doors. I've seen a few Dino's and don't remember this. I remember it as a smooth transition. Was this done on purpose to keep away the Fe**a*I police? Just curious. Beautiful looking car and yeah the Miata dash really fits well. Good luck...I wish I had the cash but I bet getting it into the lower 48 would be a real hassle.
couldahadaV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2018 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That’s one of the mods I did. The real Dino doesn’t have that. It’s a vent for the air and brake heat from the front, sort of like the Viper and some TVR’s have. I curved the front of the doors in and pulled the rear of the front fenders out just a bit.

Importing a car over 25 years old shouldn’t be an issue.

Oh, just remembered something about the Ferrari police. I was working on it in the garage one day with the door open and a pickup pulls into the driveway and this older gent gets out and introduces himself. He is Remo Ferri, president of Ferrari Canada. He had a look at it and then said, somewhat good-natured, “Ferrari doesn’t like it when people do that”. We talked about his dealerships and then he left. I thought the whole thing was pretty funny. He may not have liked it but there is nothing Ferrari can do about it.
ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2018 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Couldahadav8. LOL.
couldahadaV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2018 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Decided to try again with a lower price:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/302902938929

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock