ISO 3800 sc s1 lower alt bracket kit by Supallama
Started on: 08-17-2018 08:12 PM
Replies: 7 (189 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 08-20-2018 10:21 PM
Supallama

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2018 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SupallamaSend a Private Message to SupallamaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ISO 3800 sc s1 lower alt bracket kit

Talked to fierorog and he doesnt do s1 parts.

Anyone make or have a kit for sale?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2018 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never heard of anyone offering 3800 series 1 swap parts. Probably not the answer you were looking for, but its just not a popular swap. I've only come across one guy who did this swap and he built all of the swap parts and wired from scratch.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2018 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most of the block pickup points are the same between S1,2 and 3.
A S2 bracket may work.
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2018 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did the S1 swap before I moved to SII. The S1 mounting holes are different from the SII, where the lower mount might attach, so they won't interchange. The only one making the S1 type mount was West Coast Fiero- and I don't know if he still makes them, or how long it would take. I tried a smaller alternator in the stock mount, and that helped a little, but in the end decided to just notch the decklid support. I kept the PS pump, but pulled the vanes from inside the pump so it acted as an idler pulley.

------------------
SCREW PHOTOBUCKET. All my pictures are now available at https://www.flickr.com/photos/156871275@N07/albums
'87 GT , '00 3800 Series II SC, 4t65e, Vue Power Steering. (SOLD)

GT40 3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2018 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT40 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to GT40 3.8 SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also did the 3800 SC S1 swap. Very true that it is not popular. Mine came from a 1995 Buick Riviera with a 4T60E trans. The only performance upgrade is a 2.1" blower pulley that took me from 4 psi to 10 psi of boost.
In order to keep the alternator in it's original location, I had to "Shave" about 1.5" off of the inner side of the right strut tower near the top. It was easy to do on mine since I had a coil over kit with much smaller diameter springs. I doubt you could do the same with stock struts. I wanted to do the F-40 trans too, but the motor would have to move 2.25" further to the passenger side. I would have to go to a single serpentine belt and move and re-mount the alternator in order to get the clearance. My F-40 trans is for sale in the mall.
Kevin

------------------
67 GT-40 Mark II, 3800 S/C auto, 85 Fiero based (ASPP) kit. Held suspension and coil-overs all around with 2" dropped spindles. Mike's leather interior. And a whole lot more...

Supallama

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2018 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SupallamaSend a Private Message to SupallamaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT40 3.8 SC:

I also did the 3800 SC S1 swap. Very true that it is not popular. Mine came from a 1995 Buick Riviera with a 4T60E trans. The only performance upgrade is a 2.1" blower pulley that took me from 4 psi to 10 psi of boost.
In order to keep the alternator in it's original location, I had to "Shave" about 1.5" off of the inner side of the right strut tower near the top. It was easy to do on mine since I had a coil over kit with much smaller diameter springs. I doubt you could do the same with stock struts. I wanted to do the F-40 trans too, but the motor would have to move 2.25" further to the passenger side. I would have to go to a single serpentine belt and move and re-mount the alternator in order to get the clearance. My F-40 trans is for sale in the mall.
Kevin

all good stuff to know, my swap also came from a 95 riviera, ill eventually want to swap out the blower pulley but for now i just want to get the beast running. sadly i am keeping my stock struts for now, did you keep the stock alt mount or how did you lower it?
GT40 3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2018 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT40 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to GT40 3.8 SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't have to move the alternator. My car is a GT-40 kit. The body work doesn't come close to anything. I only had to shave the strut tower.
My biggest problem with my install was the wiring harness. I purchased a kit for the install from ACE performance years ago. I sent the Fiero harness and the Riviera harness and he "married" the 2 which should have been a plug and play. But all he had was Park Avenue wiring schematics. It took 11 months of sending the harness back and forth, 4 computer exchanges and 5 EPROMS replaced. Nothing worked. I finally purchased the 95 Riviera service manual and found a wire missing on the MAF sensor. For some reason he removed a Red wire from the plug and taped it off in the harness. I guess it's not used on the Park Avenue but the Riviera won't start without it.

------------------
67 GT-40 Mark II, 3800 S/C auto, 85 Fiero based (ASPP) kit. Held suspension and coil-overs all around with 2" dropped spindles. Mike's leather interior. And a whole lot more...

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2018 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT40 3.8 SC:

I didn't have to move the alternator. My car is a GT-40 kit. The body work doesn't come close to anything. I only had to shave the strut tower.
My biggest problem with my install was the wiring harness. I purchased a kit for the install from ACE performance years ago. I sent the Fiero harness and the Riviera harness and he "married" the 2 which should have been a plug and play. But all he had was Park Avenue wiring schematics. It took 11 months of sending the harness back and forth, 4 computer exchanges and 5 EPROMS replaced. Nothing worked. I finally purchased the 95 Riviera service manual and found a wire missing on the MAF sensor. For some reason he removed a Red wire from the plug and taped it off in the harness. I guess it's not used on the Park Avenue but the Riviera won't start without it.

Yes I recall the Cutter brothers who ran ACE engineering. They claimed to do just about anything Fiero swap related but they couldn't get many of them running. It was a home based business run by amateurs and eventually they gave up on doing engine all swaps. They did the series I before the series II engines came out but as the above post reports they couldn't get the engine running..

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock