Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Anybody still making a Ferrari F355 spyder kit? I'm looking for the convertible top

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anybody still making a Ferrari F355 spyder kit? I'm looking for the convertible top by svt4me
Started on: 07-10-2018 08:57 PM
Replies: 15 (525 views)
Last post by: Larry Hubbert on 07-19-2018 12:58 AM
svt4me

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for svt4meSend a Private Message to svt4meEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying a different approach here. I know when the Automoda kits were sold, many of them made there way into "kit land". A lot of them making there way onto Ferrari clones. Maybe some never got installed. Anybody know of any companies that currently make these kits? They may possibly have some tops still available. One can dream. Any help would be appreciated.

Scott
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back when the kids were being made Ferrari s lawyers went into action and threatened prosecution . The builders of the kits were forced to surrender the molds and have them destroyed. Since the tooling is now gone parts are no longer being made . Chances are very slim that you will find Ferrari style parts unless one turns up at a junkyard.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

svt4me

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for svt4meSend a Private Message to svt4meEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis, thanks for the info. Although the specific part I'm looking for is not specific to a Ferrari, but to the Fiero. I'm hoping to find an Automoda kit that was meant to be incorporated in a Ferrari build that was never installed because the kits were confiscated.

Scott
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Automoda top has popped up in the Mall every so often, thought I saw one within the last few months. I've never seen a kit manufacturer offer the top. When the 355's were being offered, they were always hand build. Funnywheels at Madmechanics had a build thread for his.

good luck finding one.

Bob

Add link: -funnywheels-how-build-355-top.html

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 07-11-2018).]

svt4me

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2018 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for svt4meSend a Private Message to svt4meEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks RCR. That was an Awesome build thread. He is obviously a very mechanically oriented person to be able to come up with the idea and follow through with it. That's not me LOL. I'm hoping something comes up soon. Either an unused kit or a completed car.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2018 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by svt4me:

Thanks RCR. That was an Awesome build thread. He is obviously a very mechanically oriented person to be able to come up with the idea and follow through with it. That's not me LOL. I'm hoping something comes up soon. Either an unused kit or a completed car.

I thought I saw something: car for sale
Probably more than what you wanted, but they are available...

Bob
svt4me

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2018 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for svt4meSend a Private Message to svt4meEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob, I saw that one. I'm pretty sure it sold not too long ago. In the $5K range too. It would've been a good starting point for sure.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2018 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

I thought I saw something: car for sale
Probably more than what you wanted, but they are available...

Bob

Raydar had that on here within the last 6 month or so.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2018 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dennis, thanks for the info. Although the specific part I'm looking for is not specific to a Ferrari, but to the Fiero. I'm hoping to find an Automoda kit that was meant to be incorporated in a Ferrari build that was never installed because the kits were confiscated.

Scott

Point is that Ferrari stopped all counterfeiting of their designs used on fiberglass kit cars. Most if not all parts were destroyed but AFAIK there might be a gray market for these parts. Check your PM's
svt4me

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2018 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for svt4meSend a Private Message to svt4meEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I checked my PM's. Thanks guys for the info. We will see if anything pans out. Sent out inquiries. Fingers crossed.

Scott
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2018 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an AD355 convertible kit and an automoda top with it. I also have an AD355 coupe top if you might be interested in building a removeable hardtop for yours.
PFF
System Bot
svt4me

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2018 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for svt4meSend a Private Message to svt4meEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dratts, I sent you an email yesterday at dratts2@gmail.com. I'd like to talk to you. If you didn't get it my email is svt4me@gmail.com

Thanks, Scott
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2018 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
355 convertible kit $1200 obo (not me...)
https://www.facebook.com/gr..._id=1430913850287214

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-16-2018).]

svt4me

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2018 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for svt4meSend a Private Message to svt4meEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just joined that group and the link only brings me to the group. I searched once there and no luck. Couldn’t find it.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2018 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just joined that group and the link only brings me to the group. I searched once there and no luck. Couldn’t find it.

He's in Groveland FL

"355 FERRARI KIT & CONVERTIBLE KIT FOR SALE
I have an Air Dynamics, John Watson 355 Kit for an 84-88 Fiero for sale. Our asking price is 3,600$obo, a good price for a quality kit, with everything there and complete. Kit has never been mounted, and includes important pieces like the backglass. Also for sale, is a convertible top, alot with the braces required to either making your fiero convertible, or making the kit convertible, Price is 1200$obo, Let's make a package deal. Location is Florida, but we can ship to anywhere in the US, email me at trentmela@gmail.com or shoot me a message on here, or you can reach me on my cell at 407-473-9350."

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-16-2018).]

Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2018 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim Cleary at Fieromotive in St. Petersburg is the one with the 355 kit. The kit has all the body pieces, Frame Stiffeners, etc. however you'd have to check with Jim regarding the convertable top. Call him at (727) 417-7559

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock