1988 Chop Top For Sale by psychosurfer
Started on: 05-27-2018 09:37 PM
Replies: 38 (2976 views)
Last post by: Remodeler on 06-24-2020 11:16 PM
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit to add HUGE price drop: 4600 or trades as noted in last post.

This is my project car many of you have seen over the past few years. Body and paint done by the AMAZING Paul Angel (AKA Tha Driver). Have had this car for about 20 years. Love it but have not made even a day to put the love needed to complete in a couple years. This is a project car but the chop is complete and beautiful, the engine swap is complete (except the exhaust), and for a skilled Fiero lover, this project car will be a true head turner!

On a side note: we LOVE and appreciate Cliff! Please take the time to show your love by making a donation!

Car is a rust free 1988 with a 4.9 Caddy engine/trans. Engine has all new external seals, water pump, starter and a/c compressor. Engine wiring and installation components are all from the Fiero Factory and includes all paperwork. Chop is V* Archie design with lexan side windows. New front glass windshield and new glass rear window are installed. Chop is complete and looks very nice. Paint is Corvette Blue Devil blue and looks stunning in the light. Passenger door panel needs to be wet-sanded, buffed, and installed. Has the whodeanie design 355 rear bumper.

What it needs: This is a project car. It is very close to being done and all parts to complete come with the car with the exception of new carpet and a battery. Passenger side window needs to be installed, passenger front fender and passenger door need to be wetsanded and buffed (these parts were not polished after painting) and the driver door skin needs to be installed. The interior needs to be installed. The exhaust is routed and tacked but needs to be welded and ceramic coated.

As we all know, you never get the money back out of these cars when you build them. lol We have simply lost interest in 2 seat vehicles (for now) and our automotive interests have focused on the funny car.

We took down the craigslist ad as we were getting a HUGE response but only from folks wanting to talk about the car and not folks that wanted to finish the project. This is a project and will need a skilled fiero lover to complete. However, all the hard work is done. Now its just the typical interior, final touches on the exterior, etc. We are asking a price lower than the paint and body work cost (not including the chop itself of course).

If you are a serious potential buyer, please message me and I will happily share any details I may be overlooking. Car comes with all the paperwork and clean title as well as a BUNCH of fiero parts we no longer have a use for (if the buyer would like to have them).

We need the car gone by 08/30 or it will be forced to battle the weather out behind the barn. $6250 cash and I will assist with loading the car on your trailer and loading all the goodies that go with it.

Thank you!

[This message has been edited by psychosurfer (edited 10-13-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AsaBergman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AsaBergmanClick Here to Email AsaBergmanSend a Private Message to AsaBergmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Incorrect craigslist links. I think this is what he meant to link to:

https://athensga.craigslist...iero/6600891047.html
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2018 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dropped the price a bit to broaden the interest.
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2018 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for price cut to 7,800 bucks! Can't buy the chop top parts, the bodywork and paint (if its show quality) for that!
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2018 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump: Info in original post has been updated and price cut way down to $6250 cash.
jc8367

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2018 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Click Here to Email jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you post pics or renew the craigslist ad?
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2018 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jc8367:

Can you post pics or renew the craigslist ad?

We can happily text pics. We took the Craigslist ad down due to the number of emails, calls, and texts from folks that wanted to chat but were not serious buyers. Like each of us, time is too precious to entertain the Craigslist crowd right now.
jc8367

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2018 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Click Here to Email jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please email me the pics. Thx
dartrav

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2018 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dartravClick Here to visit dartrav's HomePageClick Here to Email dartravSend a Private Message to dartravEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
dskebo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2018 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dskeboClick Here to Email dskeboSend a Private Message to dskeboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2018 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

We have lost interest in Fieros (probably just for now), but need the space and the money for our Funny Car. We are willing to let the chop top and all the extra Fiero parts we have go for 4600 cash. We are willing to trade for GMC/Chevy Dually, 28' enclosed car trailer, or big block chevy/blower parts of equal value.

I'm sure there is no need to note the price we are asking is far below the cost of paint alone. We have been playong a shell game to keep the car stored inside for the past few months but are going to have to push her outside if not gone next weekend.

If you want a V* Archie degisn Chop Top V8 car that is very close to being done, this is your car! If you are looking for a complete running/driving car, please not we are not asking 15 grand. No expenses have been spared. It will need a battery and an interior carpet set.
PFF
System Bot
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2018 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the Sunday evening crowd. 4600 takes her home. We can help with shipping if needed.
jc8367

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2018 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Click Here to Email jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2018 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM replied and pics sent.
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2018 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All new PMs replied and pics sent.
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2018 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump! All PMs replied!

Someone wants a chop with an AMAZING ThaDriver paint job these days, right? lol
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2018 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump before parting out.
Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2018 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somebody buy this car... there are not that many chops running around. Trust me when I say a chop top fiero turns heads... would be a crying shame to part this car.
GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2018 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XClick Here to Email GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you PM me some pics/info? Model? Miles? Rust? etc.
I have significant experience with Fieros (owned over 30), including 2 chops, and more engine swaps than I care to remember (even a 4.9). I am not afraid of a project
Coincidentally I'm in Rome Georgia on business this week.

Thanks.
~Tyler
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2018 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All PMs and texts replied.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2018 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarClick Here to Email RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap guys! Somebody needs to buy this car!

Sounds like it's like two weekends away from "done".

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-30-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2018 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well... Times sure do change. Never thouyght the day would come a top chop v8 Fiero would not be in demand. Please make offers on parts. Care is headed outdoors. Open to offers and/or trades related to out Nitro Funny Car.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashClick Here to Email sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Without pics people can peruse, it's a tougher hill to climb.
Crasian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife is sick of me crying about this car.. send me pics please: I’m in the car hating state of California, would require shipping though. My email gtomech@aol.com .. man, I would love to replace all three of my Fieros for just this one.
-Crasian
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All PMs replied. For those of you unfamiliar with ThaDriver's paint and body work, this is TOP notch work. Parting this coming weekend to make room in the shop.
Crasian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2018 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No reply to my pic request...?? I checked my Email and Spam folder and PM’s, nothing. Need to SEE what’s for sale ..thanks
-Crasian
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2018 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroClick Here to Email KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can you send pics to ssfiero@aol.com
I'll get them posted so people can see what your selling. Myself included

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

Fiero_Freak

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2018 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakClick Here to Email Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have an active link with pics?

------------------
Dana Mitchell
Member of the Gateway Fiero Club
87 GT Blue w/ 5-Speed, 87 GT Maroon w/ Silver w/ Auto
95 Roadmaster Estate Wagon w/ Air Ride 2-Tone w/ Ghost Flames 08 3500HD DRW Silverado Crew Cab 6.6L Duramax/Allison, 09 Saturn Sky Redline (daily ride), 91 CBR1000F Can anyone help pay my insurance?

psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All PMs have been replied to via the means requested in messages.
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2018 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Crasian:

No reply to my pic request...?? I checked my Email and Spam folder and PM’s, nothing. Need to SEE what’s for sale ..thanks
-Crasian

Same here, also gave email and phone number if sending pics was easier that way.
Crasian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2018 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if this is even a “legit” sale.. hasn’t replied to both of my requests. Maybe he wants to part it out? Or maybe only wants to sell it to certain people only??....... either way, GLWS

[This message has been edited by Crasian (edited 11-07-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 392
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2018 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wonder if this is even a “legit” sale.. hasn’t replied to both of my requests. Maybe he wants to part it out? Or maybe only wants to sell it to certain people only??....... either way, GLWS

The forum isn't as fast as it use to be, give it some time I know he has been on the board for a long time and we all get busy.
Its not an easy choice to sell a car with a lot of work done to it. It wasn't for me.
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2018 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have replied to every PM, text and call. My email address is scottemard2147@gmail.com. My name is Dr. Scott Emard and I can be reached at 706-340-3486. We live in Jefferson, GA and this is a legit sale. We have heard a few comments about this not being a legit sale due to the low price. I have owned this car for almost 20 years. We would like to not part it as it is a high dollar build. Also, I do not really have the time to manage parting it. We would love to see the car gone this weekend.

Rather than parting it, assuming no serious buyer shows interest (only one person has come to see the car in all this time), we have asked and arranged for the amazing Tha Driver (Paul) to put the finishing touches on it. At that time we will either keep it or sell it for the value of a completed project.

KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2018 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroClick Here to Email KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I weren't moving out of state in this summer I'd be all over this. Beautiful car AND it's actually close.
It is a real sale. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.
I don't know Scott. But he emailed me with pics and a description within a reasonable timeframe.
Here's pics for any potential buyers.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2018 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you so much for taking the time to share the pics! Very much appreciated.

For anyone interested, please let me know what questions you may have.
RussianOnWheels

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2020 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RussianOnWheelsClick Here to Email RussianOnWheelsSend a Private Message to RussianOnWheelsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested! PM sent

Originally posted by psychosurfer:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the pics! Very much appreciated.

For anyone interested, please let me know what questions you may have.

KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2020 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroClick Here to Email KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car sold. It's now in Florida.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2020 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseClick Here to Email exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet ! Where in Florida did it land ? Who is the new owner ?
Remodeler

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2020 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RemodelerClick Here to Email RemodelerSend a Private Message to RemodelerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by psychosurfer:

Edit to add HUGE price drop: 4600 or trades as noted in last post.

This is my project car many of you have seen over the past few years. Body and paint done by the AMAZING Paul Angel (AKA Tha Driver). Have had this car for about 20 years. Love it but have not made even a day to put the love needed to complete in a couple years. This is a project car but the chop is complete and beautiful, the engine swap is complete (except the exhaust), and for a skilled Fiero lover, this project car will be a true head turner!

On a side note: we LOVE and appreciate Cliff! Please take the time to show your love by making a donation!

Car is a rust free 1988 with a 4.9 Caddy engine/trans. Engine has all new external seals, water pump, starter and a/c compressor. Engine wiring and installation components are all from the Fiero Factory and includes all paperwork. Chop is V* Archie design with lexan side windows. New front glass windshield and new glass rear window are installed. Chop is complete and looks very nice. Paint is Corvette Blue Devil blue and looks stunning in the light. Passenger door panel needs to be wet-sanded, buffed, and installed. Has the whodeanie design 355 rear bumper.

What it needs: This is a project car. It is very close to being done and all parts to complete come with the car with the exception of new carpet and a battery. Passenger side window needs to be installed, passenger front fender and passenger door need to be wetsanded and buffed (these parts were not polished after painting) and the driver door skin needs to be installed. The interior needs to be installed. The exhaust is routed and tacked but needs to be welded and ceramic coated.

As we all know, you never get the money back out of these cars when you build them. lol We have simply lost interest in 2 seat vehicles (for now) and our automotive interests have focused on the funny car.

We took down the craigslist ad as we were getting a HUGE response but only from folks wanting to talk about the car and not folks that wanted to finish the project. This is a project and will need a skilled fiero lover to complete. However, all the hard work is done. Now its just the typical interior, final touches on the exterior, etc. We are asking a price lower than the paint and body work cost (not including the chop itself of course).

If you are a serious potential buyer, please message me and I will happily share any details I may be overlooking. Car comes with all the paperwork and clean title as well as a BUNCH of fiero parts we no longer have a use for (if the buyer would like to have them).

We need the car gone by 08/30 or it will be forced to battle the weather out behind the barn. $6250 cash and I will assist with loading the car on your trailer and loading all the goodies that go with it.

Thank you!
<

Which part of the country are you located in?
Thanks Kim

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock