Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  WTB - NO RUST FORMULA w/5-speed and sunroof (No T-Tops thanks)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
WTB - NO RUST FORMULA w/5-speed and sunroof (No T-Tops thanks) by SurferGeorge
Started on: 05-24-2018 07:40 PM
Replies: 7 (329 views)
Last post by: SurferGeorge on 06-02-2018 10:40 AM
SurferGeorge

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2018 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ALL --

Looking for the elusive Fiero Formula that is good in every way but miles and exterior esthetics (i.e., ready for a little work). Ultimately, I would like a Formula (or 88GT) good enough that the money I spend for swapping a 3.8SC or 3.4DOHC is not wasted. Sorry, I do not value ultra-low mile cars; but, would like something with 100k miles or less that has not been wrecked or salvaged - unless the work was done well. In other words, I do not want hidden issues - no bondo, pop-rivets, or flex-pipe exhausts - just an interesting, or even unique Daily Driver

Alternatively, if you already have this swap in a Formula or 88GT with a 5-speed and sunroof let me know. Should have no significant issues keeping it from driving back to DC area or passing inspection. Send a description and images, and what your price.

If you do not have a US title in your name ready to transfer - do not reply to this post. Been there … done that.

Thanks for looking - tell a friend!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2018 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you're buying a car for a swap, you might consider a base 88 coupe. Other than the engine and trans, there really is very little difference between it and a Formula, except for the absence of a rear sway bar, and the instrumentation. Both are easily remedied.
I bought an 88 coupe for a swap. My only requirements were: No rust. Reasonable cosmetics. A factory 5 speed trans, and factory A/C.
It leaked oil so badly, I nicknamed it the Fiero Valdez.
Once I rebuilt/upgraded the suspension, and fixed all the oil leaks, it has become quite the reliable driver. Runs so good that I'm not in any hurry to snatch out the Duke.

AsaBergman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2018 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AsaBergmanSend a Private Message to AsaBergmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's an 88 Formula 5 speed with a sunroof near me for sale. 63k miles. Clean title. Asking price was $3200 but he's negotiable. I went to look at it in person, it looked to be as close to rust free as you get in our area of the country. I checked under the trunk liner and looked under the car, looked good. The v6 engine ran good. I didn't test drive but he wanted me to so I'll assume the trans was good. The big downside of the car is the paint is faded on the top from the sun. It's listed for sale on Facebook near Lebanon, PA. If you don't have a Facebook(I don't either) I still have his phone number, shoot me an email and I'll send you it.

SurferGeorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks much Asa,

Sent you a PM for the phone number. Can also access Facebook, it you have that link pls send via PM.

Thanks again!
AsaBergman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AsaBergmanSend a Private Message to AsaBergmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. I just messaged him to verify it's still for sale.
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2018 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a clean one in your region.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/076855.html

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

SurferGeorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2018 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, found that one earlier and it looks like it has had a lot of work done on it. Cannot see spending $6,500 and getting a 3.4PR engine. Am still looking for a less-expensive Formula (or 88GT) that has an interesting V6 swap (3.8SC or 3.4DOHC), or is getting close to needing one. Good paint is the last thing of interest to me.
SurferGeorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2018 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, found that one earlier and it looks like it has had a lot of work done on it. Cannot see spending $6,500 and getting a 3.4PR engine. Am still looking for a less-expensive Formula (or 88GT) that has an interesting V6 swap (3.8SC or 3.4DOHC), or is getting close to needing one. Good paint is the last thing of interest to me.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock