Started on: 04-16-2018 09:45 PM
Replies: 10 (1308 views)
Last post by: Mike Morris on 07-26-2018 04:39 PM
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2018 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.facebook.com/gr...t_id=956717281161148

Need to trim down how many Fieros I own.
I'm sure I'm forgetting something but here goes:

5 speed. A/C, sunroof, spoiler, intermittent wiper ... 127k miles but only 20k on 3100 block fully rebuilt and bored to 3.4L and Camaro 3.4L pistons with ported and polished iron heads. Summit 1.6 full roller rockers. Rodney Dickman under-drive pulley. Fiero Store coated Sprint manifolds and crossover pipe, cat-delete, new Ocelot SS exhaust. New axle thrust stabilizer bearings and polyurethane powder-coated rear control arms. Recent brakes and rear struts. Monsoon stereo with upgraded speakers and aux-in. Fidanza aluminum flywheel with SPEC stage 3+ clutch. DAWG intake mod with fully ported intake and 57mm Dale Morse ported throttle body, EGR-deleted. Camaro injectors purchased new. New water pump. New distributor, cap, rotor, MSD coil, ACCEL 8.5mm wires. Factory leather seats from an 86GT. Sunroof. Power locks and windows, though driver's side window is slow. Needs a paint job but is mechanically perfect. Dyno'd at 146rwhp with bad ignition, so I upgraded all the ignition components and now it runs even stronger. It's a daily so I never tuned it after that, just made sure it was running right. Stock 2.8 Fieros dyno at 115rwhp brand new. Also has my prototype shift-surround. Has been my daily driver since I bought it in 2010. In no hurry to sell it. It was a daily so there is some wear to the interior, not much and it's fair share of chipped and/or faded paint. Head-lights go up and down like new. Just got a new alignment. Only thing I haven't replaced is front shocks.

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 04-16-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2018 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Walk around and start up.

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 04-17-2018).]

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2018 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
SurferGeorge

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2018 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lou,

Why was it repainted? Rust status? Clear US title in your name w/o liens? E-brake and headlights work OK? Price?

TNX
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2018 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SurferGeorge:

Lou,

Why was it repainted? Rust status? Clear US title in your name w/o liens? E-brake and headlights work OK? Price?

TNX

This has been my daily for the past 8 years so yes, everything works. Previous owner repainted it, but he told me it was the original owner that repainted it. It does need a new paint job.
Car is still currently registered with an antique plate. Needs to have EGR edited out of the programming to run perfect since I removed the valve when I had the newly rebuilt engine put in. So on tip-in it stumbles but then runs very strong.
I'm sure someone could sell you a chip for cheap with the EGR delete.
Price I am *asking* is in the facebook post.

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 04-21-2018).]

SurferGeorge

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Louis -

If this was a 3.8SC, and < 100k miles, $6,500 would be OK with me. However, since it is not either of these I would be interested at $5k. As a guy who has done many, many projects I have only gotten back ~ 40% ROI. For your car, I would have to replace the Cats and whatever else the very difficult MD inspection required.

r/G
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SurferGeorge:

Louis -

If this was a 3.8SC, and < 100k miles, $6,500 would be OK with me. However, since it is not either of these I would be interested at $5k. As a guy who has done many, many projects I have only gotten back ~ 40% ROI. For your car, I would have to replace the Cats and whatever else the very difficult MD inspection required.

r/G

The asking price is to shoo away low ballers. I don't expect 6500. If I gave you a parts and labor list of every part, I'd be well below 30%. I don't have emissions testing in my state so I removed components that tend to fail. When I dyno'd it at 146 rwhp, that was with many bad ignition components and the curve was shaky and it didn't like to rev much past 4k.... I never bothered to dyno it or tune it again AFTER because it was just my daily driver and replacing the entire ignition (everything) made it run like night and day. It's making more power than that now but I couldn't say how much because I don't make statements I can't prove. Even running poorly it made 11rwhp more than a standard 3.4 swap. All I know it that it makes enough power that someone wouldn't consider a swap anytime soon. A fully rebuilt 20k engine should last someone a long time. Someone could fly out here from across the country and drive this car all the way home. No need for towing. No issues.

I also have a bolt-on twin turbo setup for sale for $500. The compression is 9.0 to one and uses a block with the knock sensor on it already. Someone would just have to do a 7730 conversion to run it. But that's another story.

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 04-23-2018).]

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2018 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weekend bump.
Gonna let my cousin drive it tomorrow. He may be interested.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2018 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Currently replacing a long bolt for the rear tie rod and upgrading to Rodney's girdle.
If I don't get an offer soon, I might make this car my new track car after converting to 7730 and adding a twin turbo kit I have laying around...
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2018 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Asking price lowered to $5800.
Mike Morris

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2018 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MorrisSend a Private Message to Mike MorrisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good buy and GLWS

------------------
1999 Camaro Z28 B4C Heads Cam Intake Stall etc
1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 331 R block S trim Intercooled
1988 MR2 SC Cammed,Pulley etc
1988 Corvette Cammed stalled bolt ons
1985 Fiero SE V6-Transgo,stall,K&N

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)