FS: 85 GT 3800 S/C by stinky817
Started on: 04-12-2018 11:21 PM
Replies: 13 (1125 views)
Last post by: stinky817 on 05-28-2018 10:01 PM
stinky817

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2018 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stinky817Send a Private Message to stinky817Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone.

So I'm selling my "85" GT. The car is an 84 that I bought as a pretty much empty shell and I swapped a bunch of stuff from an 85 GT that I found that didn't have a title.

It's powered by a 3800 S/C out of a 2002 grand prix GTP, the trans is out of a 98 Grand prix (non s/c)

I just rebuilt the engine last year (2017). It was rebuilt because when I did the swap the first time the oil pan was dented in and I didn't really think anything about it, but it was severely inhibiting oil flow, and I ended up spinning a rod bearing on cylinder 1.

In the engine is a new set of pistons, crank, connecting rod, timing set, bearings (including cam bearings), oil pump, and I'm sure I'm missing something, but anything that was sensible to replace was done.

Other things that have been done to this car are:

3.35" S/C pulley
160* thermostat
tr6 NGK's (around 1000 miles on them)
3" exhaust to a dual 2 1/2" outlet Afterburner muffler from summit
all fluids have been changed with the rebuild (including S/C oil)
PCM tuned by Sinister performance
the A/C works, and works great
Both rear brake calipers and pads have been replaced. Front brakes are pretty much new as well.
Keyless entry with trunk release
Tach has been re-calibrated
New alternator and water pump when the engine was installed the first time (about 1000 miles ago)

There is absolutely no rust in this car. It was a tenessee car before I got it, and I even undercoated the whole car when I rebuilt the engine.

The paint isn't in the best condition, but I've seen fieros in far worse condition. The car has been in a garage pretty much the entire time I've owned it. The front bumper is purple and the hood is just white spray paint, the rest of the paint is original.
The tires are about 50% tread. They are Firestone Firehawk GT's. I also have C5 front/ C4 rear brake brackets that are going with the car (no I'm not selling separately)

I'm asking $4000, but I'm willing to consider all offers.

I have a lot more pics, I can email them on request, I just hate going through and resizing everything for PIP

[This message has been edited by stinky817 (edited 05-14-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
stinky817

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2018 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stinky817Send a Private Message to stinky817Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the weekend.
Strappado

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StrappadoSend a Private Message to StrappadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wish i could give it a home.
I don't think you stated if it was a manual or auto
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2018 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Strappado:

wish i could give it a home.
I don't think you stated if it was a manual or auto

I can see the auto trans poking out...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

stinky817

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2018 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stinky817Send a Private Message to stinky817Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is the auto. It's a 4t65e non HD
stinky817

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2018 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stinky817Send a Private Message to stinky817Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a price change.
stinky817

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stinky817Send a Private Message to stinky817Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone make me an offer. I need this gone by the end of the month.
stinky817

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2018 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stinky817Send a Private Message to stinky817Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
price lowered again.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2018 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stinky817:

price lowered again.

You started out with a great price and then lowered it. It should sell as its a very good buy. I just wonder about the guys that are saying that Fiero prices are rising. You couldn't do an engine swap for what you are asking for the whole car

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

RHPD813

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2018 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RHPD813Send a Private Message to RHPD813Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any interior pics.
stinky817

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2018 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stinky817Send a Private Message to stinky817Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are some on my Craigslist ad... Here
PFF
System Bot
Knight Rider

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2018 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Knight RiderSend a Private Message to Knight RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
OntarioKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2018 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OntarioKevSend a Private Message to OntarioKevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many miles on the engine since the rebuild?

I ask as rebuilt 3800s quite often spin rod bearings in the first 3 or 4k. If you are past that this is a sweet deal!
stinky817

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2018 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stinky817Send a Private Message to stinky817Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About 1200 miles since rebuild. So I guess half way there.

Responding to PMs now.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock