GTP HUD FS by CJB118
Started on: 03-23-2018 11:47 PM
Replies: 9 (708 views)
Last post by: DKcustoms on 03-30-2018 01:57 AM
CJB118

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2018 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HUD unit removed from 03 GTP, includes wiring harness. $60 shipped anywhere in lower 48.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cheeper2keeper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-25-2018 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheeper2keeperSend a Private Message to Cheeper2keeperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a picture of it?
CJB118

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2018 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, thanks for the reply. Here's the item, these are pics I took of the actual Item for sale, all removed by me from the GTP I dismantled. Deal includes the HUD unit, the switch panel, and the wiring harness as shown. Priced at $60 total, includes shipping anywhere in the lower 48. PM me for any other shipping arrangements.

Cheeper2keeper

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2018 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheeper2keeperSend a Private Message to Cheeper2keeperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks.

Where do you put this in a Fiero and how hard is it to wire up? I am not great with wiring.

[This message has been edited by Cheeper2keeper (edited 03-26-2018).]

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheeper2keeper:

Thanks.

Where do you put this in a Fiero and how hard is it to wire up? I am not great with wiring.

Check my signature

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Cheeper2keeper

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2018 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheeper2keeperSend a Private Message to Cheeper2keeperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!
Got to see if I can really do this before I buy the parts!
CJB118

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Brian for supplying that link. If anyone goes ahead and purchases this, I can label each wire in the pigtail according to that chart, if requested. All proceeds go towards my CJB Formula L67 build!

------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula, Yellow, original. (CJB #118)
1977 Pontiac Le Mans Can-Am W72, original, unrestored.
1977 Pontiac Grand LeMans
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP L67/MN7 (Parts Car)
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP L67/MN7 (DD)

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2018 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CJB118:

Thanks, Brian for supplying that link. If anyone goes ahead and purchases this, I can label each wire in the pigtail according to that chart, if requested. All proceeds go towards my CJB Formula L67 build!

If it helps make your decision any easier, I just used some splice connectors to tap into the cluster. Car was fine for the two years until the poor girl got totaled out…

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 03-28-2018).]

Cheeper2keeper

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2018 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheeper2keeperSend a Private Message to Cheeper2keeperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the info but I'm going to pass on this. It's WAY over my ability I think.
Besides I have a dash that is like new that I got and I don't want to cut it.
Good luck with your sale. I'll pass it along if I hear someone interested.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2018 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just my 2 cents here....

This has been attempted a few times in fieros, I have one myself from an '01 SSEi I bought for this purpose.

This issue is two fold, first, our windshields do not have the film that factory cars with HUDs have to prevent a double image, this has been covered on this forum multiple times.
Secondly, without major, major modification, the HUD does not fit behind our gauges in any way that allows the image to be in a usable location.

If anyone has figured out both those issues, I'm all ears

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock