For Sale: 1988 - Duke/5 speed by FieroTony
Started on: 02-28-2018 09:34 AM
Replies: 14 (1445 views)
Last post by: FieroTony on 01-14-2021 11:46 AM
FieroTony

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2018 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1988 Fiero 4cyl/5spd

----------U P D A T E D-----------February 10, 2020

Below (3) pictures were taken June 9, 2019.

As stated below, this car has been sitting since February 2017. -- June 20, 2019, I drained the tank, put fresh gas in & new serpentine belt. Started up and ran it around a couple miles. Brakes don't appear to drag or pull. Good to go!!!!!

----------U P D A T E D-----------February 10, 2020

- A/C - r134a (usually needs recharged at the beginning of each season)
- 250,000 miles
- December 2015 - new clutch & T/O bearing, new crank seals, new axle seals, new cam plug, sheet metal removed, painted & resealed
- Too many other [maintenance] items with pictures to list.
- I've had the car since February 2012, (125,000 miles)

The car has been off the road since February 2017. Prior to that it was driven daily to work 160+/- miles per day. Part of that drive was sitting and clutching it for 15 miles or more on the beltway. I don't have the time or will any longer. I need to spend more time on the bike & camping with the Mrs.

Asking $650.00 - Conowingo, MD

These pictures were taken December 31, 2016

These pictures were taken December 2015

[This message has been edited by FieroTony (edited 02-10-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2019 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroTony:

Changed price, still for sale.

DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2019 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that's a good price for an 88. Any rust/rot issues in the usual places? (trunk, floor, cradle, over the rear wheels) ?
FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2019 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

that's a good price for an 88. Any rust/rot issues in the usual places? (trunk, floor, cradle, over the rear wheels) ?

Not when I pulled the motor/tranny in December 2015. FYI, it's been sitting outside in the driveway for a little over 2 years and hasn't been ran for a little under 2 years. I haven't looked under it since. Here's 2 pix of the cradle when I had it out.

DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2019 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If that's something that can be driven home, it's a hell of a deal. If i didnt already have way too many projects than time I'd be making a road trip south. Good luck with the sale.
Black88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2019 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2019 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang, wish you were closer for that price!
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2019 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested, sending you a PM
FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2020 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumped - Still need to get it rid of it
jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Tony
Do you think it will make the trip to south FL. ?
RichLo1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2020 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLo1Send a Private Message to RichLo1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also considering a road trip if it'll make it to WI?
PFF
System Bot
FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2020 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jdv:

Hi Tony
Do you think it will make the trip to south FL. ?

Would I do it?? Probably. Would I advise someone to?? No.
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2020 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can you take pictures of the trunk corners with the carpet pulled back? I've got an 87GT that came from new england (CT to be exact) and the upper rear frame rails are rotted out, I dont mind towing a car instead of driving it but dont want to pick up another one with rusted corners.

Has it been in any accidents that you're aware of?

you can email the photos to matthew.a.cantley@wvsp.gov

matthew

[This message has been edited by m0sh_man (edited 03-03-2020).]

jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2020 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to thank Tony for being honest and very patient person. I agreed to purchase this car back in Febuary with the intant of flying up and driving it back to FL. The rona virus put a damper on that as I could not get time of from work and I didn't want to be confined in a plane. I was hoping that things would get better but that didn't happen so I had the car shipped. Ten months later I finaly received the car. Once again Tony thank you. I wish we had more people like you that where honest and strait forward.
Marry Christmas and happy naw year
FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks so much for the kind words. I've sold a couple cars and a motorcycle that I've owned over the years. My wife says that I'm the worst salesman. I tell everyone what's wrong with the vehicle.
You mention honest. You sent the $$$ several months before the car was picked up. I can't say that I'd be that trusting.

I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did after you give it some TLC. It was just getting too much to get in and out of. Besides that I have a 32' camper, truck, SUV, 3 cars and a Harley, all of which has never seen the inside of a garage with a, (professional), mechanic. Sometimes, I get tired of playing mechanic...

Let me know if you need any information or advice on your new addition to the family.

------------------

Always
Loved
Fieros

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay