WTB: 1988 Engine Cradle by sbauco
Started on: 02-19-2018 02:54 PM
Replies: 6 (410 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 02-21-2018 10:06 PM
sbauco

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2018 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sbaucoSend a Private Message to sbaucoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone,

I'm new here to the forum, and to the world of Fieros, so thanks for being such a helpful group of people! I recently picked up a low mileage (60k miles) 1988 Fiero, 4 cyl 5 speed, for super cheap, with the unfortunate caveat that the engine cradle is completely rotted. The rest of the car is in great shape, but somehow that cradle just did not hold up, which seems to be a common problem. When I bought the car, I had no idea that the 1988 cradles were so rare compared to the 84-87 cradles, and I have had a very hard time trying to find one. Because of this, I figured that I might as well ask - does anyone have an '88 cradle that they would be willing to sell? I live in Horseheads, NY, and would be willing to pay for shipping from anywhere. My alternative option is to use an 84-87 cradle from a parts car and basically retrofit an entire 84-87 rear suspension, which of course would be an unfortunate downgrade and a much more difficult job.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-sbauco
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroLost

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2018 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLostSend a Private Message to FieroLostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thefierofarm.com

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2018 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2018 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one in Syracuse, not super clean, but no rust issues
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2018 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curious, did you check the rear frame rails behind the trunk carpet on the sides and behind the rear plastic wheel well liners? Its possible that its just the cradle but unusual. I made that mistake on my very first one and the cradle was solid.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2018 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DLCLK87GT

2694 posts
Member since Feb 2009
Oops dbl.post

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 02-21-2018).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2018 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can also likely get a cradle from the Fiero Factory (TFF Auto now??) in Toney, Alabama. The web site is:

http://www.thefierofactory.com/

Ask for Jeremy since he owns the shop.

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock