Time to say goodbye: 1984 Fiero 2m4 by wheelhorse
Started on: 02-13-2018 07:21 AM
Replies: 2 (174 views)
Last post by: wheelhorse on 02-14-2018 08:10 AM
wheelhorse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2018 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wheelhorseSend a Private Message to wheelhorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, it was a good run. Had my black Fiero for a few years. The cam gear went out on it February 2015. I replaced the gear, got it running again, and drove it to where it sits in the back yard. After lowering the subframe to do the gear, I found the rear subframe mount on the frame was pretty rusted out. Repairable yes, but other projects got in the way, this one just sat. I don't have a garage, so that didn't help anything. Other cars were purchased.

In the mean time, I lost the only set of keys, which kinda stinks because I still have tools locked in the trunk but I can't bring myself to pay a locksmith for it. I may pick the trunk if it gets warmer and swap a new lock cylinder into it.

The body is in GREAT shape, is shiny with minimal scratching. It also has a really nice set of Voss rims on it. Interior is a little rough, but everything worked when I pulled it into the back.

Girlfriends says I either need to fix it, or get it out of here, and honestly, I think someone who could use it and fix it up right / part it should have it. I can scrounge up the title probably too.

This car can be free to you provided you can get it out of my yard. Right now, I have a Volvo 1800s with a flat tire that is blocking it in. Also, if I remember, the column is locked on the fiero, which makes removal more complicated. If, however, you can get the Volvo out, trailer the fiero, and get the Volvo back in, you can just have this car. I will miss it, but its a sad sight to see it rotting away in the yard.

This vehicle is located in Hamtramck, Mi. If you're interested, Have a trailer, and the manpower to get the volvo back on the slab, please PM me. I will send you some pictures so you can know what to expect, and we can give this project a new home.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Nextel dude

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2018 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nextel dudeSend a Private Message to Nextel dudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1) you can drill out the trunk lock and use a screwdriver to open it. At least you will have your tools and trunk locks are not expensive at the fireo store and an easy job to do. The new owner will then have keys to the trunk as well.

2) if this was my car I would pull the steering wheel and get into the steering column to remove the steering locking rod or whatever it is called, then replace the steering wheel and steer the car like normal. You just won't have a locking steering wheel until you replace the rod.

There are some youtube videos that show how to pull apart a fiero steering column and you'll see where that locking rod is located and how to get to it. Not a terrible job to do if you have the right tools. You can rent a steering wheel puller from the local parts store.
wheelhorse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2018 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wheelhorseSend a Private Message to wheelhorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suppose once I've gotten that far, I may as well replace the ignition cylinder.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock