Munson headlight kits by thelinsells
Started on: 01-27-2018 05:43 PM
Replies: 36 (1491 views)
Last post by: thelinsells on 03-06-2018 12:02 AM
thelinsells

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2018 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I can get five confirmed orders ,I will make the rest of the parts needed to complete what I already have.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2018 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uh.....

Not much info there.

What do they look like and how much?
thelinsells

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2018 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thunder;Flush mount,body mount(not on hood),seal beams(4).No holes to drill .No wires to splice.No motors to fail . Legal in all fifty states.Many in use for several years.Adjustable.These restart orders will be only $350 per complete kit.Standard price will be $450. Pix are all over where fiero are seen,Will try to gather some together.R.T.
Bubblhd90

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2018 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bubblhd90Send a Private Message to Bubblhd90Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
P.M. sent.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2018 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thelinsells:

Thunder;Flush mount,body mount(not on hood),seal beams(4).No holes to drill .No wires to splice.No motors to fail . Legal in all fifty states.Many in use for several years.Adjustable.These restart orders will be only $350 per complete kit.Standard price will be $450. Pix are all over where fiero are seen,Will try to gather some together.R.T.

Are you talking these......

Or these......

To me, the bottom photo is a true "flush" mount. I never did care for the frog-eye look of the top one.
GMann20

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2018 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMann20Send a Private Message to GMann20Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Red Fiero with the FLUSH look is my favorite. Put out order info. Place me inline etc. Thanks
Gary Mann now in Chicago, Illinois.

------------------
G L Mann Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2018 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bottom light may be a true flush mount but the light output is going to be sub-par at best. Have you ever driven a 93-97 camaro, the light output stinks. Those are very similar to that.
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2018 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

The bottom light may be a true flush mount but the light output is going to be sub-par at best. Have you ever driven a 93-97 camaro, the light output stinks. Those are very similar to that.

They are H4351 Sealed Beam Headlights for the low beam and H4352 for the high beam. I have them in my car as pop-ups without any obstruction from being recessed and the light output is still lousy!

I am working on a solution that may be helpful for the flush mount application. There are several vendors online that sell the housings for these to be used in conjunction with either HID kits (which have never really lived up to expectation as far as light output), LED kits (which I can't use because the electric fans tend to take up too much space in my shallow headlight buckets but you guys may be able to accommodate them), or 9006 and 9005 bulbs which are made by various companies like Sylvania (Silver Stars, Extra Vision, Ultra, and ZXE) Luks and other brands.

Housings for 2 bulbs:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19...p2060353.m1438.l2649

Housings for 4 bulbs + bulbs:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19...p2060353.m1438.l2649

Here is an LED Kit for 2 bulbs:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/H4...p2060353.m1438.l2649

Food for thought.

-Van

thelinsells

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2018 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes the red car has Kris and my headlight kit in it.These will not be replicas,these will be a continuation of production.R.T.Thunder; there's your pix.

[This message has been edited by thelinsells (edited 01-28-2018).]

Bubblhd90

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2018 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bubblhd90Send a Private Message to Bubblhd90Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bottom photo is what I remember. I sent a PM yesterday to get on your list of first five. Hope we made the list.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2018 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They look cool, just don't drive at night.
Great for a show car.
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2018 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thelinsells:

Yes the red car has Kris and my headlight kit in it.These will not be replicas,these will be a continuation of production.R.T.Thunder; there's your pix.

What does this mean?????

I am certainly an interested prospect but I am not committing or forking out big coin on a very vague internet "plan". You really need to be more specific with your "plans" if you expect to sell your product. May I suggest you follow the guy's lead that is working on making the GT tail lamp lenses. He is laying all his cards out on the table, step by step. Nothing at all vague about his "plans". Those lenses will sell and sell well.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2018 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thelinsells, in your second post, you indicate the lights will be adjustable. This will be a big improvement over the original Munson system. The lack of being able to adjust lights that were fixed and weren't properly aligned was one of the reasons I disposed of mine.

You also indicate your setup will be a no-splice install. My originals were spliced into a hot wire. I believe it was the cooling fan feed. How have you eliminated this?
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2018 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The photo of the kit installed are from my car. It was on an 88 formula. You can see in the photo where the light does not get to the road and is blocked in the bucket. I had to purchase driving lights to offset the loss. They look great in the day or for a show but night driving was a pain. WOuld I buy a set again. YES I would.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2012 Kia Forte Koup
2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover
FieroNews Windshield Banners
FieroNews Hoodies and T-Shirts

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 01-29-2018).]

thelinsells

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2018 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The plan is this; I don't want to put a lot of time and money into reviving these headlight kits without some thought of an interest.When kris and I first started creating them they were for our own cars.He was a G.M.master tech,I am a fabricator.Our talents melded.I made the brackets,thats why I can tell you these headlights are fully adjustable,up, down, side to side.The plan is for me to do the part Kris did.To get the quality I want will take time and a lot of spoiled parts. If I don't want it on my car I don't want it on yours.I have a lot of inventory now, but not of everything.Tell me what you want to know.R.T. On the kits ,we pluged into the seal beam plug.I have thirty or forty of the mini wire harnesses in stock.Plug and play.

[This message has been edited by thelinsells (edited 01-30-2018).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2018 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry. I didn't fully explain. My lights were adjustable left, right, up, and down but high and low beams weren't independently adjustable. Has that feature been upgraded to individual adjustment?
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2018 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2018 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Am I missing something here? Why would anyone want to use sealed beam headlights anymore in 2018 with their yellow tinted dull light output?

-Van
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2018 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem with new sealed beam lights. At legal speed limits they are more than adequate. The newer lights are blinding.
Problem with the Munson lights is the lack of light output due to the covers and cutoff to the sides due to the tunnel they are mounted in.
Great for a day driver or a show car, not adequate for night time use.
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2018 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

No problem with new sealed beam lights. At legal speed limits they are more than adequate. The newer lights are blinding.
Problem with the Munson lights is the lack of light output due to the covers and cutoff to the sides due to the tunnel they are mounted in.
Great for a day driver or a show car, not adequate for night time use.

Well I respect what you are saying, but I have to disagree in my case. My light output is the same as compared to a 1995 Camaro with New Sylvania sealed beam lights equipped with Extra Vision bulbs. We both agreed that they both suck! I guess it is just opinion in this case.

-Van
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2018 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent, i'm in

Rob
PFF
System Bot
Carl Calderone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2018 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd buy a set of lenses if you are going to be producing them again. Let me know if it comes to fruition
thelinsells

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2018 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only two pieces not in inventory to access are the buckets and the lenses.These two pieces are the hardest for me to make.The buckets are resin impregnated fiber(fiber glass).Right now a switch to ABS vacuum forming is promising.Any comment ?R.T.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2018 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

My lights were adjustable left, right, up, and down but high and low beams weren't independently adjustable. Has that feature been upgraded to individual adjustment?

Roger Thelin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2018 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Roger ThelinClick Here to visit Roger Thelin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Roger ThelinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is happening now is scheduling.Clearing the work table.Removing backlog.Getting the old gray matter around this new adventure.When the time arises,paypal can hold funds for 180 days.(in escrow ? )By that time kits are sent out or money goes back.The clock starts when funds are put into paypal.Funds will not be asked for until a time line is set.Production should not take more than 90 days from start date. How does that sound?After preproduction sales are satisfied the price is to go to $450.Updates as called for.R.T.No money will be withdrawn from paypal untill compltet kits are sent out.

[This message has been edited by Roger Thelin (edited 02-01-2018).]

thelinsells

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2018 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lets put this another way.With in the next ninety days or so complete headlight kits are going to be shipped.Up to that time of the first kit to go out the price is $350.After that time the price will be $450.No preproduction funds will be touched until kit is sent.Kits will sent out first pay first shipped.Buyer has complete control of when payment is done though paypal.Is this a fair way to confirm an order ? Is there a better way?R.T.
Bubblhd90

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2018 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bubblhd90Send a Private Message to Bubblhd90Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
P. M. sent
thelinsells

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2018 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Taking orders for lenses.Preproduction cost $35.Add $10 freight.Total delivered price $45 each.Three week delivery.Call for part number MLLL(left), or Part number MLLR(right). Standard price shipped will $50,save $5 .R.T.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2018 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just checking to see if you got the 5 confirmed orders and have started production? Want to make sure you rcv'd my deposit and im on the list. Thanks in advance.

Rob
thelinsells

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2018 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Monday lenses start being pressed.The molds for the buckets need more refreshing.Output of buckets starts after that is done.Yes Rob kits will be made.Rob are you going to need one or two kits?
I would like to see more deposits.R.T.

[This message has been edited by thelinsells (edited 02-11-2018).]

thelinsells

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2018 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fit of the lenses is great. Plastic snow is fliyng off of the router. Each part must cool in the mold,then cool before cutting.Shipping starts Monday Feb.26,2018 Still taking orders to save $10 . R,T,
PFF
System Bot
thelinsells

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2018 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

thelinsells

608 posts
Member since May 2014
The fit of the lenses is great. Plastic snow is fliyng off of the router. Each part must cool in the mold,then cool before cutting.Shipping starts Monday Feb.26,2018 Still taking orders to save $10 . R,T,
Roger Thelin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2018 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Roger ThelinClick Here to visit Roger Thelin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Roger ThelinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lenses are done , buckets are next.Sign up for discounts R.T.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2018 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump to top. on your website it looks like you have both rectangle and round light kits, will the Flush light kits also use round lights?

Thanks

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 02-27-2018).]

thelinsells

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2018 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No round lights right now.Too long,and too expensive.But allow me time to get through with production of present design.Several ideas to play with.An led sealdbeam is would be the easest.A proper round light now has a cost of nearly $100 each and would need about 1 1/2 more room than we have right now.That would mean the total package I sell now for $450 would go to $650 and still not fit under the flush lenses.Stay in touch.I need new ideas. R.T.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, thanks. How are the kits coming? Looking forward to the install.

Rob
thelinsells

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2018 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything is waiting on the buckets.Old molds had to be remade.New clearences checked.All this effort will be worth the time .R.T.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock