Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Looking for a good Formula w/5-speed Sunroof (not T-top) and 2.8L or larger

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Looking for a good Formula w/5-speed Sunroof (not T-top) and 2.8L or larger by SurferGeorge
Started on: 01-27-2018 04:50 PM
Replies: 16 (563 views)
Last post by: SurferGeorge on 04-19-2018 08:36 PM
SurferGeorge

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2018 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for a good Formula - 5-speed, Factory Sunroof (no T-Tops), US Title, NO Rust, and PW are MUST HAVEs.

Would like it to have a 2.8L or larger engine. A GOOD 3.8SC swap gets extra consideration. Must be Manual Trans and should be driveable back to DC area.

No show or project-cars! Just want a good no-rust car as a daily driver.

Budget is up to $5k that includes transport back to Wash.,D.C. area.

Thanks for looking! If you do not have this car, maybe your friend does?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2018 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check this out. No affiliation.

It's an awful long way from you, but the price of $3400 Cdn is about $2760 US. That leaves an awful lot of your $5000 for shipping. Maybe the fix isn't so bad.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cla...hNavigationFlag=true
SurferGeorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2018 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for that URL … it looks good, but Edmunton is a long looonnnngggg way from Wash.,D.C.
SurferGeorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2018 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SurferGeorge

59 posts
Member since Jun 2017
Thanks for that URL … it looks good, but Edmunton is a long looonnnngggg way from Wash.,D.C.
PARAD0X

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2018 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PARAD0XSend a Private Message to PARAD0XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn’t buy a car from Canada. Rust, rust, and more rust. I brought a car down from Toronto. It’s almost a total loss. Everything made of metal is rusted and everything not made of metal is rotting. I’d look for something from FL, or TX.

[This message has been edited by PARAD0X (edited 01-28-2018).]

SurferGeorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2018 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The advert says "no rust" ….
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2018 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Contact Forum member Blackrams......
PARAD0X

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2018 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PARAD0XSend a Private Message to PARAD0XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SurferGeorge:

The advert says "no rust" ….

I have a hard time believing that. They use salt on the roads. It would had to have been garaged every single day of every single winter. It's not just frame rust, but literally every single exposed fastener could get rusted into place. My guy had to drill practically every bolt/screw on mine to get any part off. I'd want a full video showing every single angle. Be extremely picky, as your dream could go South in a hearbeat. If I didn't have a spare running car, I would have been just junking the one I bought. It was supposed to be "rust free" too, just saying.

[This message has been edited by PARAD0X (edited 02-12-2018).]

PARAD0X

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2018 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PARAD0XSend a Private Message to PARAD0XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PARAD0X

121 posts
Member since Feb 2017
Oh, since I just looked into transit as well, I can tell you it was about $800 to get a car from ON to NY. They go through near Detroit then drive across. This was as of July '17. Not sure if the season matters much. There's also a customs charge and some other stuff if you're not the one bringing it in.

[This message has been edited by PARAD0X (edited 02-10-2018).]

SurferGeorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2018 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your trans-border insights. I might have to contact him and see how it goes.
SurferGeorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2018 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your trans-border insights. I might have to contact him and see how it goes.
PFF
System Bot
SurferGeorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have an interesting (NO Rust) 1988 V6 (or V8) with Manual and Factory Sunroof closer to Washington, D.C. with a US Title and Registration?
yellow peril

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow perilSend a Private Message to yellow perilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey you got one on craigslist in your area, only 40K miles. he's asking 6, make an offer.
SurferGeorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey - thanks for that heads-up!
SurferGeorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SurferGeorge

59 posts
Member since Jun 2017
FYI - heard back from the owner of the Formula FS on CL locally. He said that it was sold for $6.2k today.

Am just looking for a nice no-rust Daily Driver with a stick and sunroof … and maybe a good V6/V8.
SurferGeorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2018 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
SurferGeorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2018 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking ... still have the money set-aside ...send me a PM or tell your friends

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock