WTBSeat Recline Handles and Seat Mechanism Cover by jetfighterv
Started on: 01-25-2018 04:23 PM
Replies: 8 (148 views)
Last post by: VanGTP5000 on 01-26-2018 09:07 AM
jetfighterv

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-25-2018 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
like to find a pair of both. seem expensive on fiero store just for these mine are broke

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2018 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You may want to re-consider buying TFS seat recline handles at a minimum. Remember that any used handles you pick up will likely be 30+ years old and they were prone to failure by poor design even when new. Today's modern plastics have come a long way. Plus it is nearly impossible to remove them without breaking them after they have been properly installed in the car. I am sure some people have been able to do it but I would think it would certainly weaken the old plastic in the spot that was prone to failure. The same logic could be applied to the tangs on the seat recline mechanism covers, however Roger Thelin makes a nice fix for this problem here on the forum.

Either way, good luck.

-Van
jetfighterv

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-25-2018 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VanGTP5000:

You may want to re-consider buying TFS seat recline handles at a minimum. Remember that any used handles you pick up will likely be 30+ years old and they were prone to failure by poor design even when new. Today's modern plastics have come a long way. Plus it is nearly impossible to remove them without breaking them after they have been properly installed in the car. I am sure some people have been able to do it but I would think it would certainly weaken the old plastic in the spot that was prone to failure. The same logic could be applied to the tangs on the seat recline mechanism covers, however Roger Thelin makes a nice fix for this problem here on the forum.

Either way, good luck.

-Van

oh okay well thanks for telling me that
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2018 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My pleasure. That is what this community is all about. I hope it helps you in making your decision.

-Van

[This message has been edited by VanGTP5000 (edited 01-25-2018).]

VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2018 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

VanGTP5000

669 posts
Member since Feb 2017
Oh by the way, you will need to purchase the small retainer pins that hold the seat recline handles in place. TFS sells them separately so don't forget them if you go that route. Actually you will need them either way if you buy used.

-Van

[This message has been edited by VanGTP5000 (edited 01-25-2018).]

jetfighterv

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-25-2018 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VanGTP5000:

Oh by the way, you will need to purchase the small retainer pins that hold the seat recline handles in place. TFS sells them separately so don't forget them if you go that route. Actually you will need them either way if you buy used.

-Van

thanks for that lol
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2018 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TFS has everything listed on Evil Bay right now. You'll pay about the same for used.
Irrationable

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2018 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I my throw my two cents in as well, you may want to consider picking up a pair of Camaro/Firebird mechanism covers instead. They are much sturdier than the flimsy ones used on the Fiero, are a direct swap, and come in both dark grey and brown/tan. The best part is, you can find them on almost any 4th gen Camaro/Firebird, which most pick-n-pull yards have tons of. I've got a set of them on both of my cars, and paid somewhere around $2 each at the local LKQ yard.
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2018 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Irrationable:

If I my throw my two cents in as well, you may want to consider picking up a pair of Camaro/Firebird mechanism covers instead. They are much sturdier than the flimsy ones used on the Fiero, are a direct swap, and come in both dark grey and brown/tan. The best part is, you can find them on almost any 4th gen Camaro/Firebird, which most pick-n-pull yards have tons of. I've got a set of them on both of my cars, and paid somewhere around $2 each at the local LKQ yard.

I have heard about doing that...can you post some pics?

Thanks,
-Van

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock