WTB Fully Tested Known Good Headlight Isolation Relay by VanGTP5000
Started on: 01-13-2018 01:30 PM
Replies: 21 (473 views)
Last post by: VanGTP5000 on 02-02-2018 09:52 AM
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please note: There usually seems to be some confusion on this. I am NOT looking for headlight motor relays. They are still easily obtainable brand new at any Advance Auto store. I am in need of a KNOWN TESTED GOOD WORKING Isolation relay (10022620). This resides on the driver side fender wall of the Gen 1 headlight system equipped cars. Yes I know all about the Gen 2 swap and its superiority to the much maligned electormechanical Gen 1 System. I have my reasons for keeping the original setup in my 1985 GT. I am also aware of Rodney's potted solution as well. Again, I have my reasons for wanting the original relay.

Please understand that it is important that they be tested and known to be in good working order.

Thank you in advance,
-Van
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can buy a NOS one for around $26 from a few sources...or do you prefer used and tested?
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

You can buy a NOS one for around $26 from a few sources...or do you prefer used and tested?

Please let me know a source. As far as I know, they haven't been made in many years.

-Van
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See if this is what you need:
http://oemcats.com/oem-parts/10022620.html
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

See if this is what you need:

It would be if there was a way to actually buy it. You add it to your cart and nothing happens.

-Van
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats strange. I could add it to my cart but then the screen refreshes and my cart empties. I know that they changed the part numbers several times over the years but it is the same physical part. I am trying to do a cross reference with the other part numbers and it is being a pain.
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thats strange. I could add it to my cart but then the screen refreshes and my cart empties. I know that they changed the part numbers several times over the years but it is the same physical part. I am trying to do a cross reference with the other part numbers and it is being a pain.

Same here. I kinda felt it was too good to be true!

-Van
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

VanGTP5000

669 posts
Member since Feb 2017
Sites like that do that on purpose. They know people like me are looking all over for a specific part so they hope that they can capture you as a customer for something else. The old bait and switch model.

-Van
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2018 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2018 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't give up. According to these links the 10022620 isolation relay your looking for is a direct swap for the 10038949 isolation relay.

http://oemcats.com/oem-parts/10038949.html

This link I'm not sure about but the Corvette 84-88 used an isolation relay. OE replacement. Don't know manufacturer.

https://www.ecklerscorvette...1984-1988.html#close

Check it out.

Spoon
PFF
System Bot
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2018 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am pretty sure we went through this already. See above.

But thank you for trying.

-Van
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2018 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone???
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2018 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Haystack...looking for Needle!!!

-Van
thefierofarm.com

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2018 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Van,
Haystack called me and said you won't keep your hands to yourself. He said you keep digging around in his innards mumbling something about a needle. I told him I would attempt to get you to knock it off.
Are you still in need of an isolation relay?
I might be able to help.

------------------
That Todd Guy

VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2018 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thefierofarm.com:

Hey Van,
Haystack called me and said you won't keep your hands to yourself. He said you keep digging around in his innards mumbling something about a needle. I told him I would attempt to get you to knock it off.
Are you still in need of an isolation relay?
I might be able to help.

As a matter of fact I am. Is there anything you don't have? When it comes time to do a hip replacement in another 10 years...I will be sure to look you up!

-Van
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2018 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm starting to wonder if the isolation relay is going to be as hard to get your hands on as the 87-88 module.
give me a little bit and I will see what i can come up with.

as for the hip...
I might be able to come up with the parts for it but I don't have the super clean facilities to do the install.
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2018 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm starting to wonder if the isolation relay is going to be as hard to get your hands on as the 87-88 module.
give me a little bit and I will see what i can come up with.

as for the hip...
I might be able to come up with the parts for it but I don't have the super clean facilities to do the install.

Hahaha...I was planning on doing the install myself

As far as the module...ignore the incorrect title:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/84...AOSwnTdaH2ZT&vxp=mtr

-Van
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2018 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So if I under you correctly,
If you knew a guy that could pry himself up off the couch and go out to an 86GT to push the headlight switch in and they went up until he pushed it the other way and they went down, you might be somewhat great full to him if he removed said isolation relay and offered it up for sale to you.

I am not sure what the going rate is for such a enormous sacrifice. (the part not the getting off the couch) But for you I would entertain $25 shipped. Please let me know if we could reach such a monetary exchange and I will see to it that there is a much needed package in the mail to you tomorrow.

------------------
That Todd Guy

VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2018 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So if I under you correctly,
If you knew a guy that could pry himself up off the couch and go out to an 86GT to push the headlight switch in and they went up until he pushed it the other way and they went down, you might be somewhat great full to him if he removed said isolation relay and offered it up for sale to you.

I am not sure what the going rate is for such a enormous sacrifice. (the part not the getting off the couch) But for you I would entertain $25 shipped. Please let me know if we could reach such a monetary exchange and I will see to it that there is a much needed package in the mail to you tomorrow.

You understand me exactly! As it relates to your monetary negotiation...I will counter with $15 shipped for the part and an additional $10 for the couch ascension fee.

-Van
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2018 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have it packed up and going out in the mail today.

------------------
That Todd Guy

PFF
System Bot
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2018 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Todd to the rescue once again!

Thank you sir. You have a PM.

-Van

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock