GM Remanufactured 2.8 V6 Zero Miles by DCSTeam
Started on: 11-17-2017 04:20 PM
Replies: 26 (1208 views)
Last post by: DCSTeam on 12-14-2017 11:35 AM
DCSTeam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2017 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCSTeamSend a Private Message to DCSTeamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have 2 remanufactured engines complete long blocks 2.8 liter zero miles.

Make me an offer.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2hDGm9ssn50ccb502

[This message has been edited by DCSTeam (edited 11-20-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Domtech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2017 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Willing to ship? If yes, do you know the cost?
carguy8t8

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2017 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carguy8t8Send a Private Message to carguy8t8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do they have iron heads or aluminum?? Internally or externally balanced?? Starter holes on left or right??
DCSTeam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2017 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCSTeamSend a Private Message to DCSTeamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will ship, and shouldnt be more than $150 packed for a safe ride.
DCSTeam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2017 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCSTeamSend a Private Message to DCSTeamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DCSTeam

11 posts
Member since Sep 2017
I think they are aluminum. Would have to travel to verify. If you want one and terms are agreeable, ill take the trip to verify. Posting the lousy pics I took in a bit.
robert1234

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2017 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My hand up also !

Can't wait to see pics.
DCSTeam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2017 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DCSTeamSend a Private Message to DCSTeamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been sitting on these for a lifetime amd never even thought to post em...SMH.
Send me an email and ill promptly send pics. DetroitCityServices@Gmail.com
DCSTeam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCSTeamSend a Private Message to DCSTeamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have an idea as to what they are worth? A ballpark? Anyone? Im just a parts liquidator.
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
200 bucks... most guys don't bother with a reman 2.8 when they have to rebuilder their engines.

carguy8t8

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carguy8t8Send a Private Message to carguy8t8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most Fiero guys replace the stock 2.8 with the 3.1 or 3.4 because they are the same engines just more displacement. Plus alot of us are doing engine swaps to 3800's and LS engines so there are alot of good used ones out there. I think you would be lucky to get $600.

[This message has been edited by carguy8t8 (edited 11-21-2017).]

pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
However, many of the 3.1/3.4 upgrade folks then have trouble getting the tune right... I see quite a few posts regarding trying different injectors, messing with fuel pressures, for this kind of longblock. It is not a drop-in.

A 2.8 longblock should be much more drop-in!
PFF
System Bot
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

200 bucks... most guys don't bother with a reman 2.8 when they have to rebuilder their engines.

Lets not quote what a broken down engine at a salvage yard would go for. I think $500 would be a great deal for a reman. Especially for all those still moving up from a stock duke.
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if your moving up from a 90 hp engine then yes but replacing an existing 2.8?? I know a t least here in Ontario Canada you can get a wrecker 3.8 with 100miles on it in good running condition for 500 bucks, spend another 200 replacing seals etc and your 10 times ahead
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2017 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

if your moving up from a 90 hp engine then yes but replacing an existing 2.8?? I know a t least here in Ontario Canada you can get a wrecker 3.8 with 100miles on it in good running condition for 500 bucks, spend another 200 replacing seals etc and your 10 times ahead

You are right, a 3800 is a good alternative power plant. But you just proved my point, you would spend $500 on a used not remanfactured engine that requires more than just $200 to drop in and be driveable. For those who do chose to remain with a 2.8 and were to order a reman block would be closer to $1400 US with core. For wanting an honest answer to know what those engines are worth, throwing a lowball answer around from a person who doesn't care for 2.8 engines is not what I believe he is looking for.
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2017 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see your price estimate here??
DCSTeam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2017 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCSTeamSend a Private Message to DCSTeamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya. That sounds about right. I know that a decent used mill cores at $200. New everything, factory rebuild, $650. Anyone interested, let me know. To anywhere in the contiguous for $750.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2017 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DCSTeam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2017 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DCSTeamSend a Private Message to DCSTeamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks a bunch for the posting the pics.
DCSTeam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2017 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCSTeamSend a Private Message to DCSTeamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bad investment price drop!
$500. More like it? What say you Fiero Gods?!

[This message has been edited by DCSTeam (edited 12-11-2017).]

boostedbird

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2017 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe you may have the longitudinal gm 2.8 there, different application than the transverse mounted 2.8 the Fiero would use.
Ucycle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UcycleSend a Private Message to UcycleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boostedbird:

I believe you may have the longitudinal gm 2.8 there, different application than the transverse mounted 2.8 the Fiero would use.

Just wonder what is the difference between longitudinal and transverse mounted 2.8? I guessing the oil pan baffle is different and maybe the engine mounting points?? thanks
PFF
System Bot
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ucycle:

Just wonder what is the difference between longitudinal and transverse mounted 2.8? I guessing the oil pan baffle is different and maybe the engine mounting points?? thanks

You can use the longitudinal engines in a Fiero, as long as you use the Rodney Dickman starter drilling jig to drill the starter holes on the left side of the engine.

The timing cover is the 85-86 style with the angled bottom.

The Fiero oil pan is not listed for any longitudinal applications on Rockauto... but I can't tell from the photos if the oil pan looks like the one on my Fiero.

As noted in a prior post, it would be important to verify if the crankshaft is internaly or externally balanced. I'm not sure how to check this without pulling the pan. It is absolutely necessary to know the balance type in order to get the right flywheel/flexplate for the engine.

The timing scale is incorrect for a Fiero, but a Fiero timing scale and harmonic balancer can be transferred over.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DCSTeam:
I'm just a parts liquidator.

Originally posted by DCSTeam:
Been sitting on these for a lifetime and never even thought to post em...

Dayum, you must not be very good at your job. I you need a few bucks for food, or Christmas, let me know, via PM.

Remanufactured by who ? What parts were used ? Whose parts ?

I smell a rat.

DCSTeam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DCSTeamSend a Private Message to DCSTeamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, well. A private dic!
Never had a job buddy. Self employed. I am a parts liquidator who buys lots from manufacturers. I dont celebrate the farce of a religious sham you referr to as "Christmas" and I am actually on fast til the 1st of the year so I got no need for food money. Definitely would like these out of inventory before years end, so ill entertain any reasonable offers.
As for the engines, Check the pics. There is an AC/Delco reman tag on the block, in the pic. Thus indicating(assumption) that the blocks were remanufactured by AC/Delco. Parts rebuilt with? (again an assumption based on that clearly identifiable reman tag)...AC/Delco.

Any other questions?
Tag says...Made in Mexico. Lol.
Let me guess, your employed as a rat catcher for your local municipality, thus youre keen rat smelling ability.
Now , back to work. You smell a rat!! Breaks over.

[This message has been edited by DCSTeam (edited 12-14-2017).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The block is marked "TRUCK". It may have smaller valve heads than the Fiero. Similar to what was used in the early 80's Camaro and El Camino. For those that may be interested in the motors, can you post a head casting number?
DCSTeam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DCSTeamSend a Private Message to DCSTeamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If there is any interest, I can pull the pan and send pics. They were listed at auction as Fiero engines, and thats the extent of info I have. Any interest?
Any questions?
Price drop $400+ the ride to you.
Can pick up locally, and would drive a lil to meet with.

[This message has been edited by DCSTeam (edited 12-14-2017).]

DCSTeam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DCSTeamSend a Private Message to DCSTeamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DCSTeam

11 posts
Member since Sep 2017
Will do. Ill get the casting number posted in the next day or so. If anyone is ASAP interested,PM me and ill go get pics ASAP.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock