Driver side,inside door handle by AL
Started on: 10-22-2017 04:52 PM
Replies: 9 (324 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 11-02-2017 05:42 PM
AL

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2017 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALSend a Private Message to ALEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any body have one laying around,let me know please.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your talking about this one, here's details where I fixed mine

My drivers side inner door handle broke a few days ago. While searching the forum, many were saying to remove the door panel to do this repair.

Found just by removing the black trim gave plenty of room to do the repair. Tools used, small phillips screwdriver, drill w/ small bit, rivet tool & rivets. Drilled out the rivet & removed the assembly, took 5 minutes.

The Doorman replacement handle (from autozone) did not have the bracket used to screw the trim on to. I drilled out the two rivets & riveted the bracket to the new latch assembly.

I was worried when it happened, thought it would be a nightmare to fix. Turned out to be an easy repair.

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I once had a spare set of them in my parts storage area. I will take a look and see if I can find them somewhere in the basement shop.

Nelson
AL

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALSend a Private Message to ALEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is very helpful coolblue87,if you do let me know, thanks again.

------------------

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went through most of the parts storage area today and cannot locate my spare handles. I am certain that they will someday turn up inside a cardboard envelope or something similar. Sorry about raising any false hopes.

Nelson
thefierofarm.com

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
send me a pm if you are unable to locate one from a parts store as I am sure I have one.

------------------
That Todd Guy

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

I went through most of the parts storage area today and cannot locate my spare handles. I am certain that they will someday turn up inside a cardboard envelope or something similar. Sorry about raising any false hopes.

Nelson

Guess what I just found today! I located the missing pair of inside door handles (with brackets) in my storage area. If you are interested, send me a PM or you can just purchase the Doorman replacement handle as indicated in this thread.

Nelson
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2017 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM responded to.

Nelson
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2017 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shipping cost provided via email and PM, waiting on response.

Nelson
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2017 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doorman handle is fairly inexpensive and should be available locally.

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock