Pontiac SD4 Engine by pcasciola
Started on: 09-02-2017 06:52 PM
Replies: 12 (1374 views)
Last post by: Brianzaj on 09-26-2017 11:13 AM
pcasciola

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2017 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcasciolaSend a Private Message to pcasciolaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a bunch of parts for a Pontiac SD4 engine. The long block is complete and was never fully assembled, but the head and one of the valve covers were run on a stock Pontiac 2.5L engine. I also have a second valve cover, 2 bbl intake, two 2 bbl carbs, distributor, roller rockers, new balancer and other assorted parts (pullies, water pump, etc).

There is a bunch of surface rust on the block from sitting for a decade so the blocked will need to be tanked and new bearings and rings will be needed.

The rods are top of the line, JET forged titanium.

The head was ported and polished by Indy Cylinder Heads.

Higher res photos are available on the craigslist posting: https://cnj.craigslist.org/pts/6290865242.html

PM me your offer if interested.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monolith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2017 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonolithSend a Private Message to MonolithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't really guess as to whats a fair offer, tbh. Depending on what you want out of it all though, I'd be interested. As much as I want to do other swaps, a SD has kind of always been a pleasant dream of mine

Or an FJ20ET, but that's just as hard to find :v
Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2017 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a P M
Hidalgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2017 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pcasciola:

I also have a second valve cover, 2 bbl intake, two 2 bbl carbs, distributor, roller rockers, new balancer and other assorted parts (pullies, water pump, etc).

Can one of our resident Duke experts tell me if the SD4 2 bbl intake included in this package can be equipped with a TBI from a 2.8 or 4.3L V6, or even just the stock 1988 Duke TBI with an adapter plate, and then connected to a stock 1988 DIS Duke ECM? Or will it be necessary to get a 7730 or standalone ECM with a custom harness?
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2017 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hidalgo:

Can one of our resident Duke experts tell me if the SD4 2 bbl intake included in this package can be equipped with a TBI from a 2.8 or 4.3L V6, or even just the stock 1988 Duke TBI with an adapter plate, and then connected to a stock 1988 DIS Duke ECM? Or will it be necessary to get a 7730 or standalone ECM with a custom harness?

You will need an adapter plate to connect the TBI to the Intake. You can make it yourself with a piece of aluminum stock.
2.8 TBI will not flow enough to feed an SD4. 4.3 will also be borderline at WOT. I have the 4BBL intake and 4.3 went lean on me. However I guess it might work with a 2bbl
You will need custom tune regardless.
Hidalgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2017 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by edfiero:

You will need an adapter plate to connect the TBI to the Intake. You can make it yourself with a piece of aluminum stock.
2.8 TBI will not flow enough to feed an SD4. 4.3 will also be borderline at WOT. I have the 4BBL intake and 4.3 went lean on me. However I guess it might work with a 2bbl

Thanks for the response, edfiero.
But the seller also states that the SD4 head was once installed on an otherwise stock Duke block, which means it had the stock 2.5 liters of displacement, not the 2.7, 3.0, or 3.3 liters of displacement of an SD4 block. In that situation, what TBI would be sufficient to feed an SD4 head and 2 bbl intake on a stock 2.5L Duke block?

[This message has been edited by Hidalgo (edited 09-07-2017).]

KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2017 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not enough information here. Went lean could be a lot of things...
which injectors?
Firing synchronous or asynch, every DRP or every other DRP like a PFI?
Fuel pressure?
What were the engine specs? Bone stock 4.3 TBI/injectors with the correct firing strategy supports 160hp before going static (100% duty cycle)
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2017 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hidalgo:

Thanks for the response, edfiero.
But the seller also states that the SD4 head was once installed on an otherwise stock Duke block, which means it had the stock 2.5 liters of displacement, not the 2.7, 3.0, or 3.3 liters of displacement of an SD4 block. In that situation, what TBI would be sufficient to feed an SD4 head and 2 bbl intake on a stock 2.5L Duke block?

What Cam do plan on using?
oldsoandso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2017 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for oldsoandsoSend a Private Message to oldsoandsoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how much for the valve covers?
Hidalgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2017 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What Cam do plan on using?

If possible, I would like to keep the stock roller cam in my 88 Duke, as that would make it possible to just do a head swap and leave the block in the engine compartment, and avoid having to drop the cradle.
Brianzaj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2017 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrianzajSend a Private Message to BrianzajEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you still have everything for sale? Don't know what to offer for it all, if possible, p.m. me what you need to get for it all ..... everything put together is a complete engine?
PFF
System Bot
Monolith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonolithSend a Private Message to MonolithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brianzaj:

Do you still have everything for sale? Don't know what to offer for it all, if possible, p.m. me what you need to get for it all ..... everything put together is a complete engine?

Guy never answered his craigslist email, nor here. Don't think it's likely he'll respond. S'oz broski
Brianzaj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2017 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrianzajSend a Private Message to BrianzajEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey there ol' Bob, I FINALLY was able to get into my pm mailbox to see your P.M. , got your phone #..... when would be the best time to contact you?? Also, my phone # is 715-551-9813...... my apologies for this delay in response ( smart phones my behind.... lol.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock