Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Anyone willing to cut out some sheet metal for me?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone willing to cut out some sheet metal for me? by nrabbott
Started on: 08-24-2017 09:09 AM
Replies: 3 (247 views)
Last post by: Tha Driver on 09-02-2017 04:52 PM
nrabbott

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nrabbottSend a Private Message to nrabbottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone out there have a Fiero out there to scrap that still has good sheet metal in the sides of the truck and under the battery tray? I am building an 87GT (donor car is completely rusted out) using an 84 frame... the floors and 98% of the structure on the 84 is good, but as usual with these cars the sides of the trunk are rusty. There is some rust in the upper frame rail on the passenger side, but I can make a piece and weld in there, but for the area under the battery tray and the sides of the truck I would love to weld in original curved sections. If I can't find them I will make them, but I love original. If someone is willing to do this I could send you pictures of my rust... if you could over cut the sections I can do all the rest of the work. Would be great if I could get out past the factory welds... then I can separate them and put them back just where they are supposed to be. I know this might be a stretch, but maybe someone has an accident damaged frame that is rust free?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That seems like a lot of work. Wow
nrabbott

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nrabbottSend a Private Message to nrabbottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is a lot of work, but I would love to have factory pieces to weld in. No way to find a rust free car in my part of the world! Lucky that I have had my 84 in storage for the last 15 years... otherwise it would be rusted out as bad as the 87 that is donating it body and engine!
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2017 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have three cars that I can cut some sheetmetal out of. Email pics of your rusted areas to ImThaDriver at yahoo.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 09-02-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave